11th Challenge | 12th Challenge:

I recommend once again ElBee

After looking over your list and trying to think about the rates for some of your shows I decided to give you some options since the following recommendations differ from each other, in terms of genre (one being a little dark than the others):

Manner of Death - More thriller, mystery, and romance. The main character Bun is involved in a huge private investigation which results in him discovering something bigger. There are some trigger warnings such as: human/sex trafficking, drug use, and assault.  It is also a BL.

The Warp Effect - Time traveling, mystery, and romance. A comedic form of discussing, what I think are topics that are often overlooked, sexual education topics through the life of Alex. Alex finds himself time-traveling to his future however several things don't make sense so he has to uncover what happened throughout that time through his new and old friends' lives. This drama is another one I enjoyed cause of the "heavy" topics discussed in a very fun and interesting way.

Triage - Tin finds himself stuck in a time loop when he fails to save Tol's life. In an attempt to break the chain, Tin has to find a way to change Tol's fate within the short window of time he is given. Triage is a time loop and time-altering series. I have always been skeptical of time loop shows and time-altering but I believe that they did a good job in executing the plot of this drama. There is a specific scene that lives rent-free in my head till now.  P.S. It's another BL and one of my personal favorites.

Open to recs. Please no horror or anything dark and no longer than 20 hrs or episodes, I tend to watch longer dramas on my own so I don't feel too pressured to finish it causing me to drop its rating.  

Skyline, I accept your recommendation to watch Hanging On. I have not watched sitcoms much so I am curious to watch

Started: 02.27.24
Finished: 02.28.24

Rate: 7

It was alright. First time watching a sitcom and it was fun to watch but it wasn't as captivating, mostly something to have in the background kind of show. I am happy I gave it a shot cause there were some parts that I found ridiculously funny but it was cut short. I tried to give it a higher rating but my mind just wouldn't allow me to find anything else to give it a higher rating. However, I will give other sitcoms a shot since they aren't that bad, I guess I just have to find my kind of preference for it.

6th Challenge Completed - HIStory 3: Trapped

I recommend jenn to watch Hanging On

Hi there again, This is one of my fav sitcom, it was quite funny. I watched it just on a whim and didn't expect to enjoy it that much. If sitcom is not your genre, message me anytime for replacement. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Couldn't find a better resolution pic :(

Accepted Sweetsis_warriors's recommendation - Under the Skin

Status - Completed - (7.0/10)

Under the skin, yet another drama that I paused at Ep-6 this year. ? Finally, completed it today. Irregularly paced, slow in the beginning rushed at the end.
At first glance, plot intrigued me the most, which showcased forensics science and art as a major subject in investigation and crime analysis. I'm not at all versed in art and literature but medical science, forensic science or sciences in general are my point of interest, so I found this to be of my interest where supposedly I get to know the use of art in forensic sciences. This being the unique aspect of the drama, they did really well weaving it into investigation perspective and/or procedures. The way some cases were represented by certain paintings was interesting. I really admire the hard work they put into detailing artistic aesthetics. Tan Jian Ci did complete justice to the artist Shen Yi.
Individualistic portrayals of characters were well done esp. by Jian Ci (Shen Yi) and Shi Jia (Du Cheng) but I found chemistry lacking until the last few eps. They had a past rift so it's understandable for Du Cheng to not be favourable towards Shen Yi in the beginning but as he grew to admire his work and dedication to right his wrong (technically he was not in the wrong but still) their chemistry didn't came out well. They were like two parallel train tracks crossing once in a while.
Support characters were there just to be there, little to no contribution to the plot. I understand the fact that they want to bring in art as basis of investigation but they overdid it. It felt like they were implying that without Shen Yi police were doing nothing, him and only him can solve the cases. That's also the main reason chemistry felt lacking to me because it was rather acknowledgement of one character than teamwork. They made his character extremely perfect that he can do everything on his own and others weren't even needed there. He has his own demons he was fighting but still he knows everything except for firing a gun.?
There were questionable logics and plot-holes that irked me a lot. Like who rescued Shen Yi first time? .. when doc told him to experience same event to treat his retrograde amnesia I was dumbfounded as he almost drowned in previous case and it didn't do a thing .. ?? Also, there were inconsistencies in how they represented science and technology.
You get to see the character development of both our main characters in last few episodes, apart from that everything from plot to characters were monotonous.
Cases that were dealt with were more or less predictable, even the main arc which was supposed to be the basis of the story. Only the He Hong arc was interesting. It was nice to see how they took the dive into mental state and stories of the victimised perpetrators, we get to see a lot of atrocities faced by people in real life from sexual assault to fraud to domestic violence to acceptance everything but they turned every criminal into victim which didn't set well with me. (as said earlier monotonous)
On technical aspects, editing wise it was good, transitions were smooth but with direction I think they tried so hard to make it suspenseful. Cinematography was surely top notch, maybe because art was centre of attraction. SFX wasn't something unique but blends with tone of drama and makes a good intro. Sorry to say but cliffhangers were not really cliffhangers.?

Probably a 6.0 but for all the efforts of an artist. ?

1st We Watch 2024 Award Ceremony
A much overdue 1st We Watch 2024 Award Ceremony - Results recorded as of February 18th.

Originally planned for last weekend, but life had been crazy, and the Challengers' support had been overwhelming. Since the start of We Watch 2024 Challenge on January 1st, 2024, a total of 65 challenges and a record 30 badges were registered as of February 18th. Thanks so much for the love and support!

Here are the 30 Customised Badges:

Gold Badges
•  Elbee for recommending Mother  which has been rated 10/10
•  SKYLINE for recommending The Hows of Us which has been rated 10/10

Silver Badges
•   Saygo for recommending Oh No! Here Comes Trouble which has been rated 9.5/10
•   solana for recommending My School President which has been rated 9.5/10
•   xBBBLUE for recommending Move To Heaven which has been rated 9.5/10
•   JulyMoon for recommending 3 Nen A Gumi: Ima kara Mina-san wa, Hitojichi Desu which has been rated 9.5/10
•   jenn for recommending Like In The Movies which has been rated 9.5/10
•   jenn for recommending About Youth which has been rated 9/10
•   Isabelle for recommending Lighting Up The Stars which has been rated 9/10
•   Elbee for recommending Mystery to Lunakare which has been rated 9/10
•   Selma for recommending A Familiar Stranger which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badges
•   jenn for recommending Weak Hero Class 1 which has been rated 8.5/10
•   jenn for recommending Extraordinary Attorney Woo which has been rated 8.5/10
•   Selma for recommending 17.3 About A Sex which has been rated 8.5/10
•   Selma for recommending Moonlight Chicken which has been rated 8.5/10
•   dearuto for recommending Moonlight which has been rated 8.5/10
•   Mmopus for recommending Hidden Love which has been rated 8.5/10
•   disdoortion for recommending Kingdom which has been rated 8.2/10
•   jenn for recommending Rinko-san wa Shite Mitai which has been rated 8/10
•   jenn for recommending Yu Yu Hakusho which has been rated 8/10
•   Tanii for recommending Under the Skin which has been rated 8/10
•   Tanii for recommending Better Days which has been rated 8/10
•   SKYLINE for recommending Can't Help Falling in Love which has been rated 8/10
•   Sugar Crown for recommending My Only Love Song which has been rated 8/10
•   _choa_ for recommending Reset which has been rated 8/10
•   Michelles_Musings for recommending Lost Romance which has been rated 8/10
•   JulyMoon for recommending One Day Off which has been rated 8/10
•   arthvmis for recommending Who Rules The World which has been rated 8/10
•   Elbee for recommending Tell Me That You Love Me which has been rated 8/10
•   Saygo for recommending Gaus Electronics which has been rated 8/10

Hall of Fame

Similar to the 2023 Challenge, Challengers who collected at least three customized badges in 2024 will be placed in the We Watch Challenge 2024 – Hall of Fame.

At this first award ceremony of 2024, we have three entries in the Hall of Fame already!

6 Customised Badgesjenn (2x Silver, 4x Bronze)
4 Customised BadgesElbee (1x Gold, 2x Silver, 1x Bronze)
3 Customised BadgesSelma (1x Silver, 2x Bronze)

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS!!

3rd challenge completed

Skyline 

I recommended you being a hero-   It is a Chinese drama (crime) about an individual who wants to avenge his father's death so have to find a person called k

Blood- It's a Korean drama ( medical) about a vampire who wants to turn human. It will use a lot of medical terms but is a great watch. There will be a little bit of romance.

under the Skin- It's a Chinese drama(crime) that explores how art is used to catch criminals and is vital when CCTV fails the police.

Open for recommendations but no longer than 20 episodes 

I accept 3 nen a gumi- it was excellently played out as I learned so much about the society that everyone likes to keep hidden and how it can affect others 

Completed my third challenge.

@Sweetsis_warrior  I recommend you the drama Mad Dog. I've seen you like Action and thriller dramas and you have watched and liked Bloodhounds, which also has Woo Do Hwan as main lead. Mad Dog was my first drama with him and I hope you will like it as well. 

Alternatively I recommend 3 Nen A Gumi: Ima kara Mina-san wa, Hitojichi Desu. It is an action thriller with psychological aspect. Both dramas have excellent cast and max. 16 episodes. 

Open to recommendations. Preferably from my MDL Watch Challenge list or my PTW list and below 25 episodes (unless they have a runtime of 30 minutes and lower). :)

I accept ElBee's recommendation Welcome to Samdalri

Status: Completed - I loved the cast, many familiar faces that I already loved on other works. The scenery of Jeju, the haenyeo (I have high respect for them) and the cast where my favorite things of the drama, the writing not so. There were moments  when I couldn't relate to the characters. For the example the FL's decision to not go public with the proof she got was not understandable for me, why bother going back to Seoul, just deliver a "show" but letting the betrayer continue her scheming? The main leads had a good friendship vibe for me, I would have preferred if the drama would've gone without the romance. Overall a good drama with missed opportunities to make it really stand out. 

Rating: 8.0 

10th challenge complete

JulyMoon, I am going to recommend two different shows because the first one is more deep/introspective/quiet, the other a more classic romcom. I got one from each, your watchlist and the challenge list.

Lost aka Human Disqualification is your quiet, somewhat somber slow burn story that you can actually read the synopsis (I translated it from the network’s summary and director’s stated purpose/intention I read) to understand how the main characters feel without knowing much about them. It is 80% character development, 20% plot… It DOES have a FL who is depressed after an event tragic for her occurs, but we don’t see that event present day. Its purpose, though, is healing and finding their way. Cinematography is some of the best, as is the use of silence that a few times had me stop breathing and hold my body completely still it was so powerful for me. If you want something with depth and healing with thoughtful characters who are the least likely to ever have anything to do with each other, it is a good pick. 

Welcome to Samdalri also has healing at the forefront, but it has the opposite tone/feel entirely-it is a romcom with slice of life vs slice of life being the central genre like Lost. Childhood friends who became lovers and never get over each other (but have some family grief keeping them apart), a small town setting where the FL, after a career upheaval from a scandal where she was falsely accused of harassing an employee), returns home where her mother is a haenyo (diver) and she has two sisters with their own drama (plenty of bromance and sismance), friendship between 4 who grew up together… there is a love triangle and a cheating ex who regrets it and becomes a bit of a pest, fair warning, but the triangle is not very pervasive from my memory and resolves pretty quickly. I didn’t see Hometown Cha Cha Cha in your list, but the setting and townspeople feel very similar. 

Open for recs, Japan, Taiwan, or Hong Kong especially welcome!  As always, up for anything (up to 30 hours long) so long as there is a solid storyline and no dubbing. I need mouths to match the audio to enjoy it! Ignore my PTW since it is not at all indicative of my taste. My completed list is infinitely better for figuring out what I like (sort it by rating for ease). Any genre, any country, “normal“ or weirdly wonderful, it is all welcome! :)

I accept jenn’s recommendation for The Eclipse!

RATING/feedback: I hovered between a 7.5&8 for this but gave it an 8 because of the acting and detailed coming out story portrayal. It’s “mystery” was a bit lacking, the scenario far less solidly crafted than the characters, and some of the message I feel was intended about schools and society pressuring teens to conform to norms/expectations, “rules” that filled a board but only really explored fashion choices and disruption when so much more could’ve been included in the same time make the complex issues of teens feel as intense and taxing in adolescents as they are in their age of self-identification. The “curse” felt a bit ghost story-ish (throwing the quiet class president in there for the opposite reason of the lead seemed a little jarring, too, coming out of nowhere and not really feeling authentic bc so little time was spent on his transition from onlooking neutral to protest attendee and suddenly inciter of stronger protests) and toward the end as they reveal the problems of the two adults who’ve been there the longest, several things felt too quickly explained (like mental illness-the lead who was breaking down midway showcased that pressure fantastically, the chemistry of the main couple especially powerful, but it felt rushed as it closed out though the tie in with Mes, the former student, who was dealing with depression/failing to adapt was solid, just … it, the koala shortstop lead’s uncle, and other details were given very brief bits of time that could’ve benefited from better tying together of everything. Rules and norms clearly got linked to the elder principal’s notion of sexual “abnormality” but the school end of it felt very shallow and was like a stage with monotone props that vaguely have the shape of desks and such but don’t make it really feel much like school aside from a single scene where everyone is throwing questions at their perceived rebellion agonist. I’d LOVE them to be a couple again-like watching a black bear and koala cuddle lol- and in particular Khao “shortstop” has some killer gazes that remind me, on the female side, of Hani in romance (FL in Hit the Spot).

Thanks for the rec! You are going to make my list have the best of BL’s complete lol (Eclipse just didn’t quite flesh itself out like Not Me… that one had an intense story and powerful emotions throughout, less “okay, not so memorable” cast performances as Eclipse which I’ll quickly forget most of the people in… plus I already liked that little marshmallow puff Gun before watching him there). 

11th Challenge | 12th Challenge | 13th Challenge:

ElBee,

I decided to expand your horizons in Thailand shows mostly because you have seen all the Korean dramas I could recommend. Anyway, I noticed that you have watched Not Me and seemed to like it and based on that assumption I recommend The Eclipse. First and Khaotung have amazing chemistry and did a fantastic job with their roles in the series. There are certain scenes that I think were beautifully done but don't want to spoil however if you happen to end up liking those same scenes -- WE CAN DISCUSS haha.

Open to recs. Please no horror or anything dark (i.e. Save Me , I actually cannot watch it without it getting me physically sick).

Sweetsis_warrior, I accept your recommendation for Female CEO. I don't watch many C- dramas so I will try it out

Started: 02.29.24
Finished: 03.01.24

Rate: 7
This was me being very generous. I wanted to give it a 6 but there were parts I liked. However, I just found both the FL and ML annoying at times. She was very petty and although I know she is supposed to be a "strong" character some parts kinda come off as arrogant and just very full of herself. The ML also annoyed me because he was pretty much the only one that can "save" her in certain situations despite her making it worse every time. I also found that her being the center of attention of mostly all the male characters was just a little over the top for my liking. Don't get me wrong, there are a few c dramas I have enjoyed but this one I just felt like it had a good idea but just poorly executed. I'll stop typing before I change my rate to a 6 LOL

4th drama completed 

Jen

Can I say you've watched a lot of dramas 

I recommend Female CEO Love Me (Chinese) romance drama that is a slow burn with ML. The Fl is an independent woman who knows what she wants 

Racket boys( Korean). A family moves to the countryside ending up with their son doing badminton. He learns what true community and friendship is. There is a little romance 

Would love another physiological drama or action genre ( recently ones I watched seem boring) 

I accept devil judge 

I.

I finally found someone who didn't watch-

Mouse - psychology on psychopath 

And 

Devil judge - action thriller, psychology also bromance 

Both drama are all time favourite.

Hi, I am new here. But I always used to check this page. 

My conditions are simple. 

It needs to be kdrama. Ep limit 12 to 20. All genres/trope are welcome. Make sure whichever drama you choose its not in my completed list. Refer my PTW or on hold list.

I accept ElBee's recommendation for Voice.

Rating: 9.5  8.5/10 updating rating because I noticed here rating drama is serious matter. And I have made new rating system

Minus 0.5 because I can't say it's my favourite kdrama.

And the reason I liked this drama

• Actors. I haven't seen much of Jang hyuk dramas. But I know his hype. He is good with action scenes. And Kim Jae Wook was perfect for villain role. And I liked the fact that Lee Hana (FL) is connecting whole voice universe.
  • Every case they solved kept me on my toes. And at last they managed to save everyone with fl ability. Its my favourite part. And how they by collecting clues with every cases they reached villain
  • Drama was predictable. At the same time unpredictable. I think it was time limit on every cases that make it exciting. Villain was also predictable. And Kim Jae Wook he has audacity to look handsome while playing trashy character.
  • Overall it has enough storyline to keep me hooked. And I am looking forward to voice's other seasons. Which I will watch before release of season 5.  

11th Challenge completed!

Two options for leafless7 since you didn’t give any indication of your mood. Welcome to our delightful challenge! :)

Psst: It is hard to choose when you have a vast list of titles but very few are rated-I don’t know which you swooned at or raged at without at least a general high to low scale! I looked at your stats and titles seen so far since that is all I had to go by (and the first twenty I thought of you’d seen but only a few were rated?)…

First, based somewhat on your stats is a mix of teary-eyed moments, sweet humor, reflection, and family as a wife, mother, and well-loved team leader/director faces her final days and her husband devotes those days to her, his fabulous voice (my MVP) giving some monologues that I can still remember and them using food as a primary means of storytelling. Lesson-packed but not preachy, sweet and somber at the same time, one to hit you in the feels but with that basic trigger warnings of cancer and death: Recipe for Farewell 

The other is based on the shows you gravitate toward. It is an older title, the first of 4 seasons, a psychological thriller that in first glance is another police procedural but has a unique element, voice profiling. It also has the single hottest villain to ever exist in kdramaland, for what that is worth!: Voice

Open for recs, Japan, Taiwan, or Hong Kong especially welcome!  As always, up for anything (up to 30 hours long) so long as there is a solid storyline and no dubbing. I need mouths to match the audio to enjoy it! Ignore my PTW since it is not at all indicative of my taste. My completed list is infinitely better for figuring out what I like (sort it by rating for ease). Any genre, any country, “normal“ or weirdly wonderful, it is all welcome! :)

I added both titles (I am excited to watch more HK titles!), but for the challenge, I am accepting Selma‘s recommendation of Leap Day which (as days go) just happened annnd happened to be lost in the mess of my PTW from 3 years ago when it was nowhere to be found at the time. It also has a pretty picture, and I just finished a BL from the last rec, so it’ll be a nice bit of diversity in cast dynamics so I don’t immediately go comparing it to a higher budget longer BL! :) Thank you for both of them in advance! ❤️

Rating/feedback: This was wonderfully set up-a time travel story that actually linked everything together well and couldn’t be predicted within 10minutes of every character being introduced! I gave it a 9! My main critique of it is in how some non-lead characters are showcased. The bookstore owner friend was sweet but so underdeveloped that I didn’t realize a couple of times when she was on dates that it was her… more than her, though, the three “extra” sacred society ppl needed work from the dialogue feeling a bit shallow to the hypnosis girl’s acting being pretty meh. They were props, basically, but I liked the main three and the story of the pregnant girl quite a lot! The inventor guy also irked me at the start (he was supposed to, though, with that viewcount fixation!) but became, despite his acting sometimes being less than amazing, important to the story (and her comment about his gadgets being just like him was pretty funny!)…

I really loved seeing how the ML, confused by his own comment about being her boyfriend, got curious and kept going to Sapporo (I don’t remember ever having that much time off even when I was part time as a professor, not even if I omit the other work I was doing, but his PhD must be more special than most lol) and exploring to ultimately carry out the story she kept seeing; the candy he stuffed in his bag and gave her might’ve been my favorite “random moment made special” though it has a lot of competition; her love story was a really sweet one like no other, and the different presumed friend or lover roles they proclaimed themselves as in the future were really neat to see the 3 years going into, tiny details like those years perfecting something simple as a rolled egg/omelette especially tender-feeling… it was really fun seeing how different perspectives in the same situation played out and even how completely coincidental details impacted the FL who was facing these years ahead versions of everyone! 

It was deeply satisfying, so thank you to whatever force in the universe  landed you on it AND to you  for recommending it to me! 

PS if you ever see this, do know that there is NO NEED to finish titles quickly should you ever want to give it another go (and you can also state your mood if you want something particularly (funny, quirky, light, thriller-y, etc) or know that kind of mood strikes often! If someone recommends something, you can, of course, say you aren’t interested in that and to get another from them but you can also wait til you ARE in the mood for it (we have 10 months, after all, and some took almost that long to get to their titles last year)! ❤️Either way, thanks for the rec! I’m starting 940920 tonight! 

Hello again ElBee

I was going to take a short break from this challenge but then I saw you wanted a recommendation from Hong Kong and I was suddenly inspired.

I have two series which I found myself unexpectedly liking a lot.

The first one is I'm A Fool For You a web BL drama, with very short episodes, made on a shoestring budget which has three seasons you can easily find on youtube/gagaoolala and watch in a couple of hours. The story of three highschool friends who reconnect after 5 years is an easy watch, with great chemistry and even better music! The first season is a bit messy and amateurish looking but it gets a lot better afterwards: practice makes perfect!

The second one is Leap Day I wish I could have recommended to someone a couple of days ago. It is a regular drama (10x45min), a time travel story about a girl born on a leap day (Feb 29th) and who can time travel because of it. There is a sequel I am currently watching which seems even better!

I am ready for a new challenge: just please NO horror (monsters, gore, viruses) ! Everything else is OK!

Hi jenn

Sorry for the confusing lists, again! Completed, On Hold and Dropped lists have every drama I finished watching....Maybe I should have made custom lists but this way it is easier, at least for me. Every drama I started but never finished are in my Not Interested list.

Therefore, Nitiman I have already seen and loved while Not Me (https://mydramalist.com/682595-not-me), I started, found ridiculous in addition to not being a fan of Off & Gun(Theory of Love is one of the BLs I disliked the most! Ever! LOL ), and dropped after the first episode. So I guess I'll be picking it up and giving it a second chance. Who knows, I may end up loving it: everyone seems to! Thanks for the rec!

Final verdict: 10/10

FINAL EDIT: I am dropping out of this challenge: I thought I could do it and watch things outside my comfort zone but it is unfortunately impossible! I am a mood watcher and this is definitely not a place for mood watching! 

Have fun you all!

11th Challenge | 12th Challenge | 13th Challenge | 14th Challenge: 

Selma ,

I am offering 2 options because I am still learning to navigate your PTW, CW, Watched, and Not Interested lists on MDL and I am unsure of the system you have on there. Anyway, the recommendations are  BL:

1. Not Me ; OR
2. Nitiman

Open to recs. Please no horror or anything dark (i.e. Save Me, I actually cannot watch it without it getting me physically sick).

Saygo , I accept the rec for Hit the Spot ...

Started: 03.06.24
Finished: 03.06.24

Rate: 8.5
I really enjoyed this quick cute series! It was almost a 9 rate but I wished they had discussed some of these topics more in-depth rather than in passing and on a surface level. I enjoyed how they stayed pretty true to their characters but wished they talked more about what they were experiencing and their fears.

1st Challenge  ||2nd Challenge :D

Recommendation For  jenn        - I'm thinking of light watches. Pick between Hit the Spot , Soundtrack #1 or Not Others.

>>Badge----Image

Recommendation From   Jojo77      - I have already watched+ rated  Run On & Falling into Your smile in my completed list so by process of elimination  I will watch Encounter:D.

Status- Completed(16/16)

Rating-8/10

Thoughts-It was an interesting dynamic to watch. I was not completely sold on the romance but they were sweet overall.

Hi Sagyo

I am offering 3 options. Below are my recommendations :

1.  Encounter Or
  2. Run On Or
  3. Falling Into Your Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accepted Recommendation From .Elbee  -  Crash Landing on You

Status- Completed

Rating- 8.5/10

Thoughts-This was an enjoyable and light-hearted watch. The highlight of this drama was the chemistry between the leads. The story had a few glitches here and there ,but a breezy watch. I feel the first few episodes were a bit slow paced hence couldn't binge watch but it picked up in the last few episodes .

All the supporting actors acted well too. I really enjoyed the camaraderie between the ML and his troop. The OST was amazing! 

12th challenge complete!

Hi, Jojo77,

Your current list seems to indicate that you gravitate toward things that have pretty aesthetics and strong romances, so keeping with that theme, I am going to recommend Crash Landing on You. Let me know if you’d prefer another title!

Open for recs, Japan, Taiwan, or Hong Kong especially welcome!  As always, up for anything (up to 30 hours long) so long as there is a solid storyline and no dubbing. I need mouths to match the audio to enjoy it! Ignore my PTW since it is not at all indicative of my taste. My completed list is infinitely better for figuring out what I like (sort it by rating for ease). Any genre, any country, “normal” or weirdly wonderful, it is all welcome! :)

I accept leaffless’s recommendation for First Love: Hatsukoi which has been in my PTW since it was announced but somehow never started it (I also already had Silent in my PTW, but I still have the couple from Tell Me That You Love Me twirling in my brain and want to have them part with my active thoughts before I move to a similar story)… I added lost Romance to my PTW thanks to your rec; I hadn’t seen any posts about it so it was not at all on my radar! :)

Rating/thoughts: My rating was hard to decide on, but I landed on an 8.5 for this one. It had the potential to be an easy 9.5 once I got into the timelines flipping around, but it flatlined after building up really well, and a few things dropped my opinion of a couple of eps toward the end for me… very detailed rambling about it in this post that I personally wouldn’t read if I were a third party, but it is there?.  I am glad I watched it and did enjoy it quite a lot. The younger actors really, despite not really looking like the older ones, mirrored their expressions/vibes so well it made the timelines truly more enjoyable (it is typically a weakness when young to old versions switch since they rarely feel so similar in how they carry themselves/their tics).