lesle:

2023-09-11 >> I'm currently watching •https://mydramalist.com/3186-heavens-garden. In episode 14 the FL is told that even though her life is, paraphrasing here, unsettled, she's always the first to help others. She replies:

"When your car breaks down on the side of the road, it's the old cars that stop to help  you. Not the nice, new ones. It's the cars that [have] broken down a few times."

You have to wear others' shoes to understand their steps.

The admonition to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes means before judging someone, you must understand his experiences, challenges, thought processes, etc. The full idiom is: Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. In effect, it is a reminder to practice empathy. While long credited as a Native American aphorism, replacing the word shoes with moccasins, the saying almost certainly is derived from a Mary T. Lathrap poem published in 1895. The original title of the poem was Judge Softly, later titled Walk a Mile in His Moccasins. There are many variations on the phrase such as walk a mile in his, her or my shoes. A plea for empathy is phrased put yourself in my shoes, as well as put yourself in his or her shoes.

lesle:

2023-09-11 >> I'm currently watching •https://mydramalist.com/3186-heavens-garden. In episode 14 the FL is told that even though her life is, paraphrasing here, unsettled, she's always the first to help others. She replies:

"When your car breaks down on the side of the road, it's the old cars that stop to help  you. Not the nice, new ones. It's the cars that [have] broken down a few times."

What I meant to ask here was, when I typed, "why old cars only will stop and why not new cars"?

Are we to read here, by old cars mean, "experienced people"?

( I understood this. But if it meant else, certainly I wud like to know more abt it)

@Helo, lotta insight....moccasins,  empathy....thx.

aenoee:

What I meant to ask here was, when I typed, "why old cars only will stop and why new cars"?

Are we to read here, by old cars mean, "experienced people"?

( I understood this. But if it meant else, certainly I wud like to know more abt it)

How ignorant of me!

I got it, when I read it the second time.

Sorry.

Thought for the day!!!

“These beautiful days… do not exist as mere pictures – maps hung upon the walls of memory to brighten at times when touched by association or will…

They saturate themselves into every part of the body and live always.” 

Here, even though Word saturate is an apt one, still it can be read as - percolate, absorbed, imprinted, diffused, engulfed, no not engulfed- engulfing would be from outside, permeated.

Aenoee, you are a beautiful person.

It is her thought of the day. Let her free!

Music is the food you need when over 150 lb.

Thought for the day!!!

“My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to find peace with exactly who and what I am. To take pride in my thoughts, my appearance, my talents, my flaws" .

Yesssss!!!!

.....I Think, Therefore I Am......Cogito, ergo sum

Thought for the day!!!

“Why not try to relax your troubled mind by taking a walk in the park, or going on a weekend hiking trip with family or friends and enjoy the view? It can surely do wonders for a tired mind and soul.”

Today's thoughts, !
I don't have any thoughts at all. !!
directionless !!!