LOL, was figuring out how i got the two out of my three badges, but now that those two badges have disappeared from my account, I guess this "Badge" feature is still in test mode!!! 

That's what I've been reading from others posts, still needs some work. Went from over 8 badges the other day to only 3 today lol

Earthling_V:

That's what I've been reading from others posts, still needs some work. Went from over 8 badges the other day to only 3 today lol

I got 14 in one day earlier this week, down to 2 the next, been at 2 ever since. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

I also got today First Time Watcher badge , What does that mean??

https://mydramalist.com/profile/Thatelysiansoul/badges

I got a Commentator badge 2 months ago and just recieved a First Time Watcher badge a few hours ago, I've been in MDL for 2-3 years. I also don't see the Commentator badge anymore so are they something you get for a while and need to maintain orrrr?

emmasdramas3:

I got a Commentator badge 2 months ago and just recieved a First Time Watcher badge a few hours ago, I've been in MDL for 2-3 years. I also don't see the Commentator badge anymore so are they something you get for a while and need to maintain orrrr?

The badges have been reset, that's why your previous badge is gone. The feature is not completely installed yet, it's still being worked on. As far as I know our previous actions like comments etc are counted, so we shouldn't need to do anything to maintain them unless we don't meet the requirements each badge needs. But as I said, that is still being worked on and not set yet according to admin Ji-N. 

Hope that helps. :)

Yup!!! Just got mine. First time watcher! 

SandyRaee:

Oh my god, I got the first time watcher badge too after I added an entry, then went to google it and ended up here. Was expecting this to be old stuff but looks like it's something new? xD

LOL exactly how and why I'm here too :)

Same thing here :D Just got mine and went to search what that's about.

The profile badge is just like a sticker and that too for a few moments. Then disappear from your profile. This is not useful in any way, it only serves to create confusion, like children are made happy by showing magic for 1 minute but it is of no use.

I got my "First Time Watcher" badge after watching like 143 dramas n movies together...........so I didn't really get the point of this badge.....I'm still confused....or is ti because MDL was glitching??

Ice_Kingt:

I got my "First Time Watcher" badge after watching like 143 dramas n movies together...........so I didn't really get the point of this badge.....I'm still confused....or is ti because MDL was glitching??

Maybe you’ve been the first commenter on a movie or anything here. That's how I interpret mine. 

Carli Sophie:

Maybe you’ve been the first commenter on a movie or anything here. That's how I interpret mine. 

I went through a few comments here and ig I understand why I got this kinda late. 

Ice_Kingt:

Same! I just got my "first time watcher"  badge but I've regularly been on MDL (at least once a month) adding things to my watch list, writing comments, and writing reviews for the past few years.

I just received the "First Time Watcher" right now, and ended up here :3