windiaaa041293:

Let's support yaoliu..

https://m.v.qq.com/z/community-activity/rolecp-rank/index.html?cid=mzc002009pva8r2&doki_id=2101208726#/

very funny that YZ  is taking the top 4 cps now, 3 with LYF characters and Yao-Long is ahead of Yao-Liu> yaojing and Yao-CX (I read a post about that a few hours ago)

H19279:

very funny that YZ  is taking the top 4 cps now, 3 with LYF characters and Yao-Long is ahead of Yao-Liu> yaojing and Yao-CX (I read a post about that a few hours ago)

YaoLong is ahead of YaoLiu because I think the fan club is being petty, bot like. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is that aunthentic. But on the good side, Mo daddy and Shang Shang made it up the chart. (>ω<)

plor20:

YaoLong is ahead of YaoLiu because I think the fan club is being petty, bot like. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is that aunthentic. But on the good side, Mo daddy and Shang Shang made it up the chart. (>ω<)

who votes?

- fans of actor/actress

- CP fan

- drama fans

YZ has large fan base. For them, which is most matter is her CP (regardless of ML) is on top. so it is safe to vote for MCH- YZM for only-YZ fans. Of course XK also has large international fans too.

Drama fans will split their vote for each CP. Maybe the fight between YZ’s fans and DW’s fan has negative impact on yao-jing. Yao-long surprised me. Ot WHY’s fans are active

H19279:

who votes?

- fans of actor/actress

- CP fan

- drama fans

YZ has large fan base. For them, which is most matter is her CP (regardless of ML) is on top. so it is safe to vote for MCH- YZM for only-YZ fans. Of course XK also has large international fans too.

Drama fans will split their vote for each CP. Maybe the fight between YZ’s fans and DW’s fan has negative impact on yao-jing. Yao-long surprised me. Ot WHY’s fans are active

It's overall fan voting. YaoLong is on top because of the influence of Yangzi's interview—it's so obvious to the kind of direct impact her words had. Although some hardcore fans would deny it, it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together to see that the results are influenced by Yangzi, and go s to show her power as an influencer. And if they argue back that it has nothing to do with the interview, then they are indirectly denying the influence their idol has. I don't think it's solely because of WHY's fanbase because if it was, his results would be consistent with the voting from the airing of LYF season one.

It looks like Xu Kai's fans are rallying because Wonderland aired right after LYF and didn't even have that much impact. Yet, the CP surpassed YaoLiu.

The argument between DW and Yangzi's fanclub shows that both sides have abandoned their CP, which is absolutely inauthentic and does the actors a disservice because, at the end of the day, they didn't care about the work, only their idol's image. Frankly, it's kind of irritating to me. I would love to support an artist in their life and joy of their work and abilities, regardless of their actors' or actresses' opinions about their work. So my sympathies lies with them from an artist as myself. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

liddi:
Did it mean asking him to give up his stance? Perhaps, though I think she knows him better than that. But she hoped that he would consider allowing them to have a life together, rather than resolutely staying at the periphery, refusing to step in.
 liddi:
So to me, her refusal to answer that last question was not because she was unwilling to be with him regardless of his stance, but that he had categorically indicated that he did not want any part of a life together with her, a realisation that devastated her. Hence her plaintive cry, "I hurt so much... Xiang Liu, I hurt..."

Tong Hua makes my head hurt :)

I'm open to idea that XY was willing to go with XL even if he didn't give up his stance because as you pointed out, she knew him better than that. In QST, XL went into a rage and hurt her when she suggested he betray Hong Jiang and side with King Xuan Yuan. Furthermore, he had already told her that the best ending for a general was to die on the battlefield. Asking him again to give up his stance seems a little redundant unless she's bringing something new to the table. I thought that perhaps the new thing on the table was that she's committing to give up her identity and her relationships with her family/friends if he likewise gives up his stance to be with her. Then again, she should still know that he wouldn't accept those terms.

Another idea is that perhaps XY's intention was for XL to keep his stance, but carve out some time for her using his FFB identity. But that would mean she wasn't offering to give anything up to be with him, and therefore not bringing anything new to the table. Furthermore, she waited by the sea outside of Dragon Bone Prison, presumably to hear him tell her, as he did in the past, "Beneath your feet is the sea." So that seems to tip the scales more towards her running away with XL instead of asking XL to use his FFB identity to be a part of her world. But if she runs away with XL and he doesn't abandon his stance, what would she do while he was at his army camp? Also, could she, in good conscience, be with a man who was still against CX, a person she valued more than her own life?

If she were willing to go with him despite his stance, what do you think was the question that she usually refused to think about? The word "usually" is what catches my attention. This indicates to me that this was a question that she would refuse to think about even before Xiang Liu so devastatingly rejected her. Was it the question XL asked her, or was it something else? Why did she refuse to think about this question?

几次挣扎后,她越来越痛苦,身子发颤,猛然抱住了头:“痛,痛……”相柳用妖术窥探小夭的内心,可小夭的意志异常坚韧,碰到她自己平时都拒绝思考的问题,她会异常抗拒,头痛就是她反抗的爆发。
After struggling several times, she became more and more pained, her body trembling. She suddenly grabbed her head: 'It hurts, it hurts...' Xiang Liu used his powers to peer into Xiao Yao's heart, but Xiao Yao's will was extraordinarily tenacious. When encountering questions that she usually refused to think about, she would become extremely resistant, and the headache was the outburst of her resistance.

-- Vol 2 Ch 15 (Chapter 32)

H19279:
Link for some old posts about the poem in chapter 6

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers&page=7?page=392

Thanks for the link. I found your note that rhino horn is a green color and looked liked green jade to be interesting. Of course, jade most likely represents Jing. Jing (璟), Jiu Yao (玖瑶), and Cang Xuan (玱玹) all have jade radicals in their names. I'd be interested in seeing the debate with AH concerning who XY was trying to let go of when she quoted the poem. Hopefully I'll find it as I work my way through the old posts.

plor20:
It looks like Xu Kai's fans are rallying because Wonderland aired right after LYF and didn't even have that much impact. Yet, the CP surpassed YaoLiu.

WOL was aired in November and overlapped with 2 Bai Lu's dramas (SOKP and Only for Love). It is quite pity that WOL did not get much attention in China. But I guess he has a lot of international fan because the drama performed well internationally and he got voted the most favourite actor for oversea fans on Tecent Drama event in 12/2023. 

plor20:
I would love to support an artist in their life and joy of their work and abilities, regardless of their actors' or actresses' opinions about their work. So my sympathies lies with them from an artist as myself. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

For my favourite actors/actress, I pay more attention to their work, their drama (since it is the way for actors to express themselves professionally). I myself (and I hope their fans too) respect their private life. Thus, I never follow CPs offscreen

"we will find that Xiaoyao's very obvious daughter's shyness only appears when she is with Xiang Liu.

Corresponding to the first scene, Xiaoyao and Ye Qiyi just came out of Chenrong Military Camp and were healing in a cave. Xiaoyao took off his shirt without shame and was honest with Ye Qiyi without any reaction.

You ask her if she dares to take off her clothes in front of Xiang Liu? Even if it's a man?

She didn't dare, because she would definitely reveal her secret when facing the one she loved. Her fake body changes whenever her thoughts come to her mind."

Very interesting theory and it kinda explains WXL's reaction from chapter 6, the pool scene, when she was anxious and angry and kept saying that he's a man and not a woman.

"Although Zuo Er won the game at that time, his heart was already dead.

In order to inspire Zuo Er's hope of living, Xiaoyao ran over and hugged Zuo Er.

The kissing of Tu Shanjing here, including the subsequent kissing of the little fox's stump leg, is essentially the same.

Regarding Zuo Er and Tu Shanjing, it can be said that they are from the perspective of a doctor.

The purpose is to save people, give them hope, and stimulate their vitality.

Similar to current artificial respiration.

It's just that the current artificial respiration can save the body, but Xiaoyao's hugs and kisses can save the spirit and psychology.

She can hold her left ear, but she dare not hold Fangfengbei.

She could kiss Tu Shanjing, but she didn't dare to kiss Xiang Liu.

Don't even dare to die.   

Because she knows her own feelings well."

So she is afraid.   

She was afraid that if she was a little willful, she would not be able to control her feelings and her heart.

She was afraid that if she was a little willful, she would disregard Xingxuan's life and death, abandon her blood ties, and betray her mother, grandmother, and aunt.

She was afraid that she could neither control herself nor Xiang Liu, and that she could not live up to her relatives or her lover."

H19279:
Last year, I also pointed out the missing part of chapter 6 in Kaola translation,

I have the same point as you that she started let go  XL at that moment. That is also my initial impression when reading that part of text about Jing (with all words implying luxurious material, noble man) and the poem that the author wanted to take wine from golden  jar or rhino horn goblet to deviate her missing and suffering . In my opinion it is a kind of writing technique that TH gave hint for readers to trace the hidden story .

We (I, Windiaaa and AH and maybe others) had some discussion about the poem. Since you wrote very interesting analysis about “my gege Cang Xuan” I just wanted to shared AH’s view about the poem at that time. In her opinion the person that she missing and wanted to let go is CX.

Link for some old posts about the poem in chapter 6

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers&page=7?page=392

P/s: I haven’t found the links of the 2nd debate with @AH yet

solarlunareclipse:
I'd be interested in seeing the debate with AH concerning who XY was trying to let go of when she quoted the poem.

I think you might be talking about this post,  this post and this post?

They're long posts (too long to quote all the parts about the poem and all the relevant excerpts) and cover multiple topics. The parts quoted below are a few of the places where I started talking about the poem.  

AH :
In the poem(s), a woman who misses her husband (a king who is away on the battlefield) wants to ride her horse up a high, rocky mountain in order to go see the husband she is missing, but her horse becomes too fatigued to continue the journey. So the woman drinks wine to avoid the suffering of missing her husband.

AH :
then my next thought is that the person who WXL was missing but unable to see due to how difficult it would be to climb up to his position (and thus the reason she required TSJ to distract her from her suffering) at this point was CX, not XL.

AH :
In the poem that XY quotes, the woman's husband is a king who has been away on the battlefield for a long time. We can assume that her feelings for her husband are probably feelings of romantic love. But we don't know that for sure. We do know that she misses her husband deeply, and when she is prevented from re-uniting with him, she needs to use alcohol to distract herself from the suffering of missing him.

IMO, that matches up very closely to XY's feelings for CX in chapter 6.

AH :
The poem is about a woman who uses alcohol to escape the suffering of missing her husband at a time when she is unable to reunite with him after a long separation.

And after quoting the poem, XY adds a further thought about wanting to forget sad things. 

AH :
IMO, XY used both TSJ and alcohol to try to temporarily forget the sad memories she shared with CX and how much she missed him despite feeling that she could not reveal her true identity to him.

In terms of the comfort that XY received from TSJ, there is a clear parallel between chapter 6 and chapter 9.

AH :
I agree that there are several instances throughout the novel where XY uses TSJ as a proxy of some kind for XL or where a difficulty in her relationship with XL (in some cases, difficulties that are intentionally manufactured by XL) prompts XY to pivot and decide to focus on her relationship with TSJ instead.

But I don't think that began in chapter 6. While XY almost certainly did have nascent romantic feelings for XL by chapter 6, I don't think she had intense feelings of missing XL, suffering because of how much she missed XL, or wanting to forget sad memories that she shared with XL to the point of needing TSJ to distract her from them in that chapter. 
 solarlunareclipse:
Thanks for the link. I found your note that rhino horn is a green color and looked liked green jade to be interesting. Of course, jade most likely represents Jing. Jing (璟), Jiu Yao (玖瑶), and Cang Xuan (玱玹) all have jade radicals in their names. I'd be interested in seeing the debate with AH concerning who XY was trying to let go of when she quoted the poem. Hopefully I'll find it as I work my way through the old posts.

It took me ~2 hours to trace the old posts (of course I spent some time reading some post along the way too): below are the debate about the text and poem in chapter 6

AH's post: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2907221&page=427#p2907221

H19279's response: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2907373&page=428#p2907373

And AH's post: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2909657&page=434#p2909657

mine: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2909693&page=435#p2909693

Blabla100's: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2909715&page=435#p2909715

AH's https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2909733&page=435#p2909733

AH's https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2910041&page=436#p2910041

Mine: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2910083&page=436#p2910083 

& https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2910103&page=436#p2910103

HeadInTheCloud's https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2910957&page=438#p2910957

Mine's reply to HeadInTheCloud: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2911021&page=438#p2911021

HeadInTheCloud: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2912959&page=439#p2912959

Note: some posts related to fei fei luring song in the connection to the WXL's missing CX

AH :
I think you might be talking about this post,  this post and this post?

which method did you use to find old post?

I can google some old post which contain special keywords but in general it is just nightmare to seek for old posts in MDL discussion 

H19279:
And AH's post

In addition to those, I'd also add my third linked post above as one that touches on some points that I feel are pretty key reasons for my interpretation. But it covers other topics too. 

H19279:
It took me ~2 hours to trace the old posts

Oh no!

H19279:

which method did you use to find old post?

I can google some old post which contain special keywords but in general it is just nightmare to seek for old posts in MDL discussion 

Googling key words plus working off of memory about roughly where certain comments should be in the thread. 

solarlunareclipse:
Another idea is that perhaps XY's intention was for XL to keep his stance, but carve out some time for her using his FFB identity. But that would mean she wasn't offering to give anything up to be with him, and therefore not bringing anything new to the table. Furthermore, she waited by the sea outside of Dragon Bone Prison, presumably to hear him tell her, as he did in the past, "Beneath your feet is the sea." So that seems to tip the scales more towards her running away with XL instead of asking XL to use his FFB identity to be a part of her world. But if she runs away with XL and he doesn't abandon his stance, what would she do while he was at his army camp? Also, could she, in good conscience, be with a man who was still against CX, a person she valued more than her own life?

Thank you for your analysis. I too believe that her appeal was not for temporary companionship with Fangfeng Bei, because it was not anything that they had not already been doing, and it would not be anything that might have potentially changed drastically even if she had married Feng Long. Certainly they would still have the chance to cross paths.

Good point about her wait by the sea harkening back to him coming all the way to Five Deities Mountain to save her years ago, which was another indication that she wanted him to take her away, not for him to join her. Having a life with him did not mean that she had no more purpose left outside of him. She had medical skills, and even before this, we saw how she ran off to set up a medical clinic on Ying Province island. She could still practise, whether it was a clinic somewhere, or even for the rebel army. At the time, Gao Xin was still a sovereign nation, while the war between Xuan Yuan and the Shen Nong rebel army had been raging for hundreds and hundreds of years, and it potentially could still go on for hundreds more, so there were still places outside of Cang Xuan's reach. In addition, I do not believe consideration for Cang Xuan's safety would weigh so heavily, because as king, he would now be well protected, just like her grandfather during his own reign, unlike before when he had limited resources and was surrounded by danger. Her asking Xiang Liu not to make further attempts to assassinate him might be a possibility as well, just as she begged Cang Xuan for Xiang Liu's life at her wedding, though even if she had, she would also have understood that there are no guarantees in war. 

solarlunareclipse:
If she were willing to go with him despite his stance, what do you think was the question that she usually refused to think about? The word "usually" is what catches my attention. This indicates to me that this was a question that she would refuse to think about even before Xiang Liu so devastatingly rejected her. Was it the question XL asked her, or was it something else? Why did she refuse to think about this question?

The text says this:

... 碰到她自己平时都拒绝思考的问题,她会异常抗拒,头痛就是她反抗的爆发。
... If she encountered questions she herself 
usually refused to think about, she would be extremely resistant, and the headache was the outburst of her resistance.

-- Vol 2 Ch15  (Chapter 32)

The last question was this:

一个问题就在嘴边,可相柳竟然犹豫不决,一瞬后,他问道:“你最想和谁相伴一生?”
Another question was right at the tip of Xiang Liu’s tongue but he was actually torn until a moment later he asked, “With whom do you most wish to spend 
your whole life?”

-- Vol 2 Ch15  (Chapter 32)

相伴一生 literally means "accompany for a lifetime". The keyword here is 一生 "a lifetime", or specifically her lifetime.  The way I see it, his last question triggered her immensely because when she sent the crystal globe to him, accepting that he would still persist in his stance, she was resigned to the fact that if he agreed to take her hand, the life they shared would not last her lifetime. He had determined to fight, and she knew that one day he would die, and she would be alone once more. She was willing to settle for a companionship that was temporary, as long as he was willing to let her be a part of his life. As such, she refused to think of whom she wanted to spend the entirety of her own life with, because she wanted to spend her lifetime with him, but she knew it would never be possible. 

@liddi do you have the script,when WXL and XL's hair gets entangled together.

第11集,小夭和相柳在葫芦湖旁边,相柳这时已经确定自己喜欢小六了。看他身后,一直有流萤的光,就是告诉大家他现在的内心。剧本里,这段戏添了一个原著中没有的场景,后来被删了。小六的发丝与相柳的纠缠到了一起,这就是暗示他俩的关系“结发夫妻”。

In Episode 11, Xiaoyao and Xiangliu are at Hulu Lake. Xiangliu is already sure that he likes Xiaoliu. Looking behind him, there was always the light of fireflies, telling everyone what he felt in his heart at this moment. In the script, this scene was supplemented with scenes that were not in the original work, but were later deleted. Xiao Liu's hair is entangled with Xiang Liu's hair, which implies that their relationship is "husband and wife".

windiaaa041293:
@liddi do you have the script,when WXL and XL's hair gets entangled together.

Unfortunately no. I am still trying to find the leaked script for the original S1 as well - can you please share if you do see it? 

The leaked script for S2 actually starts from the end of Ep30, indicating S1 was originally intended to end with Xiao Yao's assassination and being brought to the ocean for healing. I am not as certain right now that the fireflies behind Xiang Liu in that scene was meant to indicate his feelings, but it would certainly be interesting to see how the original script actually described that scene. Certainly, in the leaked script, the 37 years under the ocean specifically mentioned the glow of the lovers bug in their hearts in different times and I charted the glow of the lovers bugs based on the script and drama here.  I also compared the leaked script vs the drama of the 37 years healing under the ocean here.

@liddi

"相伴一生 literally means "accompany for a lifetime". The keyword here is 一生 "a lifetime", or specifically her lifetime.  The way I see it, his last question triggered her immensely because when she sent the crystal globe to him, accepting that he would still persist in his stance, she was resigned to the fact that if he agreed to take her hand, the life they shared would not last her lifetime. He had determined to fight, and she knew that one day he would die, and she would be alone once more. She was willing to settle for a companionship that was temporary, as long as he was willing to let her be a part of his life. As such, she refused to think of whom she wanted to spend the entirety of her own life with, because she wanted to spend her lifetime with him, but she knew it would never be possible. "

Thank you for this. I always thought that the crystal ball was also a submission from her part to XL's life choices, but I couldn't figured out why than the last question was so painful for her to answer, nothing made much sense. Now reading your interpretation, it seems so obvious.