As we suspected. That rumour leak was a hoax. This is apparently the message you get when you click on the link to watched the supposed leak. The message essentially say "old now. Don't buy superfood/supplement"

Me sad :-(

HeadInTheClouds:
As we suspected. That rumour leak was a hoax.

Nonetheless, it's been an interesting day. Maybe next time it will be real :3

HeadInTheClouds:
As we suspected. That rumour leak was a hoax. This is apparently the message you get when you click on the link to watched the supposed leak. The message essentially say "old now. Don't buy superfood/supplement"

Me sad :-(

I'm not crying.  sniff

I'm definitely not surprised.  I just hope it was Tencent behind the clowning.

nathsketch:

Nonetheless, it's been an interesting day. Maybe next time it will be real :3

If it had been real, I think we'd all be buzzing and screaming and watching and screaming and sleep would be days away. 

Did I mention screaming? ;p

Kokuto:
I just hope it was Tencent behind the clowning.

Maybe, you know? Just to test our nerves. 

Our nerves have been tested today, Kokuto.

Did you see that? Nerve-wracking stuff. Too early in the morning for that.

Kokuto:
I was just watching a video where someone on the film said that Tan wanted the role so bad, he hired a stylist from Hendigan with his own money and did an audition tape or / and photos. And IIRC, he also had said previously that he had to audition like 6 times for the role.

I can see why he would. Priest is one of the most well-known names in the BL novels sphere and Sha Po Lan is one of her most well-known works - praised for the characters, romance as well as detailed plot/world-building. Gu Yun would also be an interesting character to play - so many layers and contradictions to him. I should go back to finish this novel. 

Kokuto:
The only other thing I think is going to happen, as I've heard Tan Jian Ci himself say it, was that he would like to play a villain, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him doing that next. I think he should do another iconic costume drama character, as he's not getting any younger.... even if he looks like Dorian Gray. lol

I can see why he would want to shift to more serious drama productions rather than idol romance dramas. But the selfish side of me would like a few more costume dramas - maybe something like Nirvana in Fire? And yes, a role as some sort of Hannibal Lecter-ish character would be awesome. 

plor20:

At this point, whoever is the leaker is just enjoying killing us softly! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

They are watching and laughing at the rest of us who don't get to watch. Meanie!

Kokuto:
I was just watching a video where someone on the film said that Tan wanted the role so bad, he hired a stylist from Hendigan with his own money and did an audition tape or / and photos. And IIRC, he also had said previously that he had to audition like 6 times for the role.

It's no wonder he looks so beautiful and so true to the character, as the hardcore fans of the novel always point out. His commitment to the role shouldn't be wasted like this.

Okay, we have reached EPIC levels of clowning with Winner is King.  Now the Melon Masochists  are saying that it will air drop on May 1, but immediately be pulled, like Spirealm.  And if that wasn't clowning enough, they've added Immortality to the air drop.  lol

https://x.com/ForCdrama/status/1781307758135898434

Google translating the weibo post, it looks like this is actually a poll???!!  Definitely falls into the wishful thinking category.

Kokuto:

Okay, we have reached EPIC levels of clowning with Winner is King.  Now the Melon MasochistsI  are saying that it will air drop on May 1, but immediately be pulled, like Spirealm.  And if that wasn't clowning enough, they've added Immortality to the air drop.  lol

https://x.com/ForCdrama/status/1781307758135898434

Google translating the weibo post, it looks like this is actually a poll???!!  Definitely falls into the wishful thinking category.

Can I stay in my wishful thinking zone? 

They're playing us by this point. The meanies:-(

But, I'll still keepy fingers crossed :-)

HeadInTheClouds:

Can I stay in my wishful thinking zone? 

They're playing us by this point. The meanies:-(

But, I'll still keepy fingers crossed :-)

Yep.  Until I see something official or the show on the platform, I'll just live off the leaks.

This was cool!  Someone edited scenes from LYF to make a gender reversed Painted Skin!

https://twitter.com/tlmssusu/status/1781515811074806248/video/1

And a nice mash up with a great beat of Lord Xiang Liu and his alter ego Idol Tan.

https://x.com/cdrama_club/status/1780900056205234633

Kokuto:

This was cool!  Someone edited scenes from LYF to make a gender reversed Painted Skin!

https://twitter.com/tlmssusu/status/1781515811074806248/video/1

And a nice mash up with a great beat of Lord Xiang Liu and his alter ego Idol Tan.

https://x.com/cdrama_club/status/1780900056205234633

Nice!!

Some dedicated and creative fans out there.

That first one just missed a scene where the demon seduced his target like in the original ;-)

That second one. I always loved watching XL's fight scenes. It was the fight scenes that got me intrigued to watch the series. TJC's dancing background probably helped to inform the way he controls/moves his body.

HeadInTheClouds:

Nice!!

Some dedicated and creative fans out there.

That first one just missed a scene where the demon seduced his target like in the original ;-)

That second one. I always loved watching XL's fight scenes. It was the fight scenes that got me intrigued to watch the series. TJC's dancing background probably helped to inform the way he controls/moves his body. 

I agree.  The fight scenes were cool and different.  I wish Tan Jian Ci would do a wuxia movie or drama.  I'd love to see it.

Sadly, there wasn't enough footage for that scene.  :( 

Video and music video editing is beyond me.  I can't keep that frames in my head, and music is not my forte.  But I do appreciate a well done one.

Long overdue pictures of Lord Xiang Liu.

Here's Xiang Liu celebrating my bday with some yellow roses. hehe. Took me a long time to get his hair this way. haha.

@plor20

Happy birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate!

Xiang Liu looks awesome! Now can you please share your tutorial of how you got his hair to stay that way?

plor20:

Here's Xiang Liu celebrating my bday with some yellow roses. hehe. Took me a long time to get his hair this way. haha.

plor20:

Beautiful pictures. Yours XL is looking very suave.

liddi:

@plor20

Happy birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate!

Xiang Liu looks awesome! Now can you please share your tutorial of how you got his hair to stay that way?

Second liddi's request for a hair tutorial! Pretty please!!! Particularly how to hide his wig line. Maybe a video tutorial?

I tried to do my Grumpy Pants hair like your daughter's grumpy pants liddi, but the results were too shockingly bad to show :-)