plor20:

Here is the vendor I ordered extra hair from: Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $9.73  50% Off | 20cm Tv The Legend Of Chang Xiang Shi Xiao Yao Tu Shan Jing Xiang Liu Cang Xuan Chi Shui Feng Long Aniem Soft Plush Cloth Dolls
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLjS3L4

Thankyou so much for sharing this link. ❤️

HeadInTheClouds:

When you click on the link, the price is just for the hair extension. There will be options for the doll + clothes + hair, but it will cost more. And the dolls only come in one size.

Ah.  Thank you for clearing that up.

HeadInTheClouds:

This sounds like wishful thinking to me. I highly doubt that it will show until at least 1st or 2nd quarter of next year. 

If it was a melon, instead of coming out of the iQiYi conference, I'd have said that's definitely wishful thinking.

And it seems like an unnecessary and impossible rush job for Under the Skin 2.  iQiYi is sitting on a ton of shows already filmed, and IIRC, they jacked up the budget on Under the Skin 2, so why rush?  It isn't like that's a prime time slot, either.

HeadInTheClouds:

This show is a straight-up comedy. TJC gets to bring some of his variety show personality here. 

I just realized that it's Xiang Liu and Meng Jue in one show together. My two tragic TH's men. Even though, I only watched a handful of the drama adaptation of Song in the Clouds.

No crying is allowed in this show!

This trailer definitely seems to be nothing  but comedy ... well, except for a few of the frames, like those above, where he literally takes my breath away.  And there seemed to be a few more straight scenes in the first trailer too.... including a crying scene. 

runs away....

HeadInTheClouds:
If you find any more information, please share.

He's a workaholic and we benefit :-).

Will definitely do so.  The wishful thinking rumors have slacked off, probably since he doesn't have any shows out right now.  When he does some promotions for a drama, maybe an interviewer will weasel some information out of him about his next project.  Yes, Tencent, that's a hint to air Love Has Fireworks!  grrrrr

HeadInTheClouds:
I love wuxia and detective/investigation dramas. I just saw the trailer for Snowy Night and it looks stunning. TJC does so well in his fighting scenes as XL, it would be great to see him in a wuxia. I guess Go East does have that investigative aspect, but something like The Monsters of the Ming Dynasty would be awesome.

Me too!  I had no idea that Cao Dun had done another historical / wuxia series, Win or Die, and that looks awesome.  I can't believe Tan Jian Ci worked with Cao Dun, and it was on a modern series, Are You Safe?  What a wasted opportunity.  SMH

I agree, Snowy Night looks amazing.  Whenever I see something like that, I think, wow, that would have been even better with Tan Jian Ci.  lol.  WHY looks very promising in that, though, with his blue hair.

Ditto Edward Guo's Fangs of Fortune.  Another director Tan Jian Ci worked with twice, ages ago, who I'd love to see in something costume.  sigh.

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for The Monsters of the Ming Dynasty or some cool wuxia / historical. Tan Jian Ci has made mostly good choices so far, so I'll just hope for more opportunities for him.

HeadInTheClouds:
And if he does another xianxia, besides getting a HEA can we please get a badass, no-nonsense female lead who knows what she wants and go for it? None of this, "I'm too scared" bullshit. Maybe she should be the one to pursue him :-)

YES!  And maybe someone his age or older?  

Kokuto:

I have zero idea how this is going to happen, but iQiYi is saying that Under the Skin 2 will air in the fourth quarter of 2024!!!  They aren't supposed to finish filming until June!

https://x.com/tlmssusu/status/1782688109580440059

BRING IT ON

Wanning94:

Not random at all. Definitely one of the prettiest people I fortunate to be friends with in here on Xiang liu forum for Sure. ❤

PLIS WHAT you're making me blush (˵¯͒〰¯͒˵) very fortunate to have met you too ♥️

Btw, we met during a battle with Jingers and we were wearing our armor hahahah that's not the ideal look :D

Kokuto:
Ditto Edward Guo's Fangs of Fortune. Another director Tan Jian Ci worked with twice, ages ago, who I'd love to see in something costume. sigh.

I don't typically follow directors so I'm pretty ignorant about who's who unless their name is so well-known that you can't help but hear about them.

I'm not at all familiar with Mr. Guo's work, I've only seen My Journey to You. My opinion after that show is that he reminds me of Zach Snyder. Very strong in visual, but may not be the best in terms of script or directing. There's an element of over-indulgence in both of these directors that makes me think they need someone else to reign them back to keep the story on track. I feel like they focused so much on the style and visuals that they forgot the importance of good characters and stories. There was a sleekness to My Story to You - the characters act like they are deep and dangerous, but it just came across as hollow to me. The story is intriguing and yet, I couldn't get invested because of this. However, like I said, I haven't seen his other works so this opinion is based on a sample of 1 - not the most accurate.

Which dramas did TJC work with Guo Jing Ming on?

Kokuto:
YES! And maybe someone his age or older?

Yes. I would like to see him across a peer of similar experience. The thing is xianxia tends to skewer young when it comes to female leads with the typical cutesy/plucky/fiesty set-up. An actress TJC's age may not get cast. When they were casting Kill My Sins with Liu Shi Shi, I was hopeful that TJC would get cast, since the story sounds intriguing and the ML sounds shady/grey, although LSS isn't the strongest actress she has her charm. They ended up casting Shawn Dou who I also have a soft spot for. 

Are there any actresses that you would like to see TJC paired up with?

Kokuto:
When he does some promotions for a drama, maybe an interviewer will weasel some information out of him about his next project. Yes, Tencent, that's a hint to air Love Has Fireworks! grrrrr

Wasn't there some recent marketing event for Love Has Fireworks with a TV Station? There was a trailer with some new scenes. I thought Love Has Fireworks would be shown by now or in May, but no sign of it whatsoever.

nathsketch:

PLIS WHAT you're making me blush (˵¯͒〰¯͒˵) very fortunate to have met you too ♥️

Btw, we met during a battle with Jingers and we were wearing our armor hahahah that's not the ideal look :D

Thankyou buddy! Finally shifted to our New & Own home, (I heartily wished, if you all leaved nearby, than I could have treated you all friends, also shared Xiang liu goodies) Though other good news, just GOT my 3rd MDL batch!! 

Yo, Right, I remember. Hope there's no more idiocy of those Zombified Jingers in and after season2. Their delusional doesn't matter. Life goes on. 

'Sending hugs & loves' your way. @nathsketch & every Liu ge's fans.❤️

Wanning94:

Thankyou buddy! Finally shifted to our New & Own home, (I heartily wished, if you all leaved nearby, than I could have treated you all friends, also shared Xiang liu goodies) Though other good news, just GOT my 3rd MDL batch!! 

Yo, Right, I remember. Hope there's no more idiocy of those Zombified Jingers in and after season2. Their delusional doesn't matter. Life goes on. 

Hey! Many Congratulations fella! 😁🎉

Wanning94:

Selina205k:

Sounds like you became a homeowner @Wanning94. Echoing Selina205k's congrats. It's a huge achievement 

So the melon is Winner is King will be dropping on Wangpan's platform on the 1st of May. This is some sort of cloud service? I don't really believe this, but am ever hopeful :-). I'm sure the fans are preparing themselves for mass download should it eventuates :-)

Selina205k:

Thankyou dear...🥰❤️

HeadInTheClouds:

Sounds like you became a homeowner @Wanning94. Echoing Selina205k's congrats. It's a huge achievement 

Thankyou so much ! 🥰❤ 

Aww, *Gifs is so cute*

Wanning94:

Yay congratulations!! New home!! It's a lot of work but it's so amazing to move into a new place! Will you decorate your walls with Xiang Liu-themed posters? Did you get the shell bed? Ahahahaha