Pranksalot:

“But let's assume that killing your future self does mean your life cannot go past a certain point. The show wrote an exit plan. Like TE tells LG, everything happens earlier, she fell in love earlier, she went to Corea earlier.

So assume that LG and LR went back to first time to 1994 in Dec 15, 2020. Because everything happens earlier like TE said, they did all that by Dec 1, 2020, where LR is still alive.

Does this make sense?“

—okay I see where you’re going with this ! 

i'm sorry can you just consider replying to a dummy. i read the answer several parts but still got confused.

this one below, i understand.

Pranksalot:
“But let's assume that killing your future self does mean your life cannot go past a certain point. The show wrote an exit plan. Like TE tells LG, everything happens earlier, she fell in love earlier, she went to Corea earlier.

this one below, i don't. what question was this answering to?

Pranksalot:
So assume that LG and LR went back to first time to 1994 in Dec 15, 2020. Because everything happens earlier like TE said, they did all that by Dec 1, 2020, where LR is still alive.
 Baek In Ho:

i'm sorry i think i am still lost :(

why would LR be 'killing himself directly' if the alpha and beta versions of himself are two separate beings?

They are same timeline but they are not separate entities. what happens to you in the past, affects you in the future. 

1. You drink milk although you are lactose intolerant at 7pm (Alpha you) 

2. You explode the toilet at 8pm  (beta you) 

Your past self action at 7pm led to pain to your future self at 8pm. 

so if your past self gets killed. Your future self cease to exist. 

——I’m using a basic example) 

“I'm still peeved about PM arc, i'm super super angry. And I feel so bad for PM mom. She was the SWEETEST mom in all of KTEM.”

—I want to see PM go Rambo and ignite a revolutionary war in corea due to losing the only light in her life. She can abolish monarchy and implement democracy and be the first president of corea or setup a dictatorship LOL

—SJ arc is ughhhhh SJ dodged a bullet. TE was over-dramatic, saying she will die if she can’t go to corea and blah blah blah 

Kimsamsoom:
It's like back in the future. Being in Alpha, beta, and charlie timelines, are all still basically the same timeline. Just different future tangent.

So Imagine that Alpha, beta, and charlie are all straight lines. So as things in the past changes, the timeline shifts into the beta timeline, and more things change, then it goes down to the Charlie timeline. It's all a matter of knowing of where the timelines diverge.

OMG THIS!!!!!!

THANK YOU, this is like the clearest distinction of different timelines  i have read someone explain.

Kimsamsoom:
Another example is the parallel worlds of Corea and Korea. Eventhough these are two worlds, they started diverging after the Korean war. And also, eventhough they are parallel world, they are obviously connected. As evidenced by the scar you get when your counterpart is dead.

But parallel worlds are different from timelines. The only similarities they have are their parallelisms.

i get what you are saying.

it's like saying this drama/story could've also been about the adult Lee Ji Hoon (Korea's version of Lee Gon) going into time travel and traveling to the parallel world to kill Corea's Lee Rim to save his young self, in the same way Corea's Lee Gon tries to save his young self. 

possible task to do, since the two parallel worlds are connected, but that would make a more complicated story.

the simpler way of telling this story would be to make the protagonist be living in the same world as the criminal who caused imbalance in both worlds. pheww~

“So assume that LG and LR went back to first time to 1994 in Dec 15, 2020. Because everything happens earlier like TE said, they did all that by Dec 1, 2020, where LR is still alive.”

—this is just talking about the theory where if future self dies, it means that the past self can’t cross a certain timeline period, the day he dies. Not saying the theory is correct but let’s say it is  

The show cheat code will allow past self still be effective  

—in the show TE said all the events still happened but got pushed up after LG time traveled. 

So if 2020 LG got killed on March 10, 2020, he has the chance to circumvent it because all the events are now happening earlier due to show time traveling rules. Let’s say all the events is now happening on feb 10, 2020........2020 LG can travel back in time again and do a different set of actions and hopefully accomplish his goals to prevent his demise in March, 2020. 

—I’m really tired. I’m not sure if I even comprehending what I’m writing lol so excuse me, it’s time for me to sleep. 

Pranksalot:

“I'm still peeved about PM arc, i'm super super angry. And I feel so bad for PM mom. She was the SWEETEST mom in all of KTEM.”

—I want to see PM go Rambo and ignite a revolutionary war in corea due to losing the only light in her life. She can abolish monarchy and implement democracy and be the first president of corea or setup a dictatorship LOL

—SJ arc is ughhhhh SJ dodged a bullet. TE was over-dramatic, saying she will die if she can’t go to corea and blah blah blah 

If I can't get PM with a happy ending, I want what's best for SJ at least.

“If I can't get PM with a happy ending, I want what's best for SJ at least.”

I agree. I will accept every plot hole to just keep him alive haha 

Pranksalot:

“So assume that LG and LR went back to first time to 1994 in Dec 15, 2020. Because everything happens earlier like TE said, they did all that by Dec 1, 2020, where LR is still alive.”

—this is just talking about the theory where if future self dies, it means that the past self can’t cross a certain timeline period, the day he dies. Not saying the theory is correct but let’s say it is  

The show cheat code will allow past self still be effective  

—in the show TE said all the events still happened but got pushed up after LG time traveled. 

So if 2020 LG got killed on March 10, 2020, he has the chance to circumvent it because all the events are now happening earlier due to show time traveling rules. Let’s say all the events is now happening on feb 10, 2020........2020 LG can travel back in time again and do a different set of actions and hopefully accomplish his goals to prevent his demise in March, 2020. 

No, things only sped up after TE meets LG on a horse in Korea. The first meeting. Prior to that, everything is the same. I don't recall LG being in danger of dying, when was this and what happens in march 10, 2020? Did you mean LR?

by march 10, 2020, did you mean 1994 instead?

“No, things only sped up after TE meets LG on a horse in Korea. The first meeting. Prior to that, everything is the same. I don't recall LG being in danger of dying, when was this and what happens in march 10, 2020? Did you mean LR?

by march 10, 2020, did you mean 1994 instead?”

—sorry I’m tired, I meant LR.  Ah okay thanks for clarifying. I thought every event was sped up okay never mind. Scratch out everything I said earlier. Well he did died in 1994 but he’s from the year 2020, so technically he died from the year he’s from lol 

okay I’m going to sleep now. 

Lee Gon is so smart, he doesn't even think about sending Tae Eul with the other piece of flute, with the help of Shin-Jay for example.
No, he prefers them to be separated forever.
Luckily, Tae Eul is smarter than him, even though she doesn't do math and doesn't understand anything about all the mess with the flutes, 0-1 worlds, etc.
Lee Gon is not going to get rid of her that easily!

W two worlds Season 2:

Lee Gon is so smart, he doesn't even think about sending Tae Eul with the other piece of flute, with the help of Shin-Jay for example.
No, he prefers them to be separated forever.
Luckily, Tae Eul is smarter than him, even though she doesn't do math and doesn't understand anything about all the mess with the flutes, 0-1 worlds, etc.
Lee Gon is not going to get rid of her that easily!

After spending a whole day with TE in the hospital, LG realizes that TE is too clingy and a gold digger. 

So he tries to ghost her and makes up a story about having to stop LR. LG probably going back to Corea to search for other Queens.

But TE ain't gonna let go of her sugar daddy, and is chasing that money money!

The End

Kimsamsoom:

After spending a whole day with TE in the hospital, LG realizes that TE is too clingy and a gold digger. 

So he tries to ghost her and makes up a story about having to stop LR. LG probably going back to Corea to search for other Queens.

The End

Kimsamsoom:

The End

Thats exactly what i think from the first eps :v because the force love of TE, its like TE love LG because he's pyeha, but who does not love king, right? Not gonna blame TE for find her sugar daddy tho :")

Oh my the plot hole everywhere, i cant handle it. I am still watching this drama for some plot twist mystery because i am already give up to the most stupid villain uncle with his evil plan and force love story that make Taeuk  looks like gold digger for LG  (not gonna blame taeul anyway :v) . But end up just like this, poor me :(

KES want this story looks fantastic by give many theory,  reference, and little bit diffrent time travel system. But end up to make a big plot hole. I hope KES learn from this drama. Its more  wise to put one referance but make clean and sharp story rather than use so many refrence but you cant handle everythings. 

Or maybe just make a simple romance comedy with fantasy flavor, or historical romance. I think Its suit KES writing style more

Geum Ann:

Oh my the plot hole everywhere, i cant handle it. I am still watching this drama for some plot twist mystery because i am already give up to the most stupid villain uncle with his evil plan and force love story that make Taeuk  looks like gold digger for LG  (not gonna blame taeul anyway :v) . But end up just like this, poor me :(

KES want this story looks fantastic by give many theory,  reference, and little bit diffrent time travel system. But end up to make a big plot hole. I hope KES learn from this drama. Its more  wise to put one referance but make clean and sharp story rather than use so many refrence but you cant handle everythings. 

Or maybe just make a simple romance comedy with fantasy flavor, or historical romance. I think Its suit KES writing style more

TBH, the presence of so many fan theory is not necesarilly a sign of a good written drama, case in point GOT. Fans of the books and the drama create theories to explain certain plots that span seasons, years in real life. 

In this case though, it's the byproduct of a bad one, where fans create theories to explain a scene that lasted 5-10 seconds. It's a 16 episode drama, there is no real need to take short cuts on the storytelling aspect. 

KES, writes love stories. So when she overlays a poorly written time travel story over romance, the confusion produced by the numerous plot holes, distract from the romance of the story.

Kimsamsoom:
When the flute is whole, the owner has the power to travel to any point in time

Why, when he had both pieces, did LG not time travel back to just before the rebellion and stop LR? Instead he said that he needed LR to also enter with his half which will basically be the plot of episode 16. This would suggest that even with both pieces, there are limits to where you can time travel.