Thought I'd write up a quick description for  known powers featured in the show so far, as well as open up a discussion for theories as to how their powers will grow/be revealed throughout the drama, because I have THOUGHTS. 

Will feature spoilers of episodes 1 & 2 obviously, and more as the show goes on. 

Edit: Spoilers up to episode 4!

Episode 4 reveals: It's confirmed that heightened emotions/stress/important moments are able to amplify the family's powers beyond what they're normally capable of. Henceforth this shall be called the 'Oh Shit! Rule', or the OSR for short. 

Bok Gwi Joo

Facts

-  Can travel in his own timeline by closing his eyes and picturing the moment.

Details, Theories, & Exceptions

- To happy moments only?

- But the mall wasn't a specifically happy memory.

- Other miscellaneous moments with Da Hae haven't been happy; is Da Hae a persistent OSR trigger?

- Can't interact with/change the past

- Except for Da Hae, who can both see and interact with him

*** THEORY - It's possible that due to the nature of his ability (time travel), those who will be the biggest OSR trigger are perpetually OSR triggers?

Bok Man Heum 

Facts

- Can see the future whilst sleeping

- She can't control what she can and can't see

- Can either receive miscellaneous/random visions, OR attempt to foresee specific facts

- Her apparent wealth gain via stocks and subsequent loss after losing her powers seems to signify that she can intentionally foresee certain facts

- Likewise her knowledge of the scooter accident and her foreseeing FL seem more likely to have been random, 

- Unless her concern for her son's safety and happiness gave her visions were in fact pointed, being broadly and vaguely associated to him

Bok Dong Hee  

Facts

-Can fly

- Apparently cannot fly anymore due to being overweight?

- This is unlikely as of the end of episode 2; it seems more likely to me that her ability to fly is tied to her emotional state, as her anger enabled her to obtain some sort of liftoff

- Could be the OSR?

Bok Yi Na

Facts

- Her eyes glow blue when her power is activated 

- She can read people's surface-level thoughts after exchanging eye contact

- She may require eye-contact to activate her powers (Confirmed)

- We see her meeting her mother's eyes in the rearview in the flashback to the accident

- She knows what her mother was thinking when they crashed!

- Her phone addiction is cited as the reason her power doesn't work; that, along with her social awkwardness, seem to make it certain that she makes very limited eye contact

i think for bok gwi joo he may either be able to travel back to any moment with da hae in it (or even da hae's happy moments) or myb he can travel back to future happy memories (what i meant is that in the future this encounter with da hae would become very special/happy to him and maybe thats why he could travel back?)

Thanks for doing this and keeping track through the episodes.

My impression is that their powers are not so much "amplified" but they have returned only to the extent that they involve Do Hae.

Bok Gwi Joo:  not able to return to events associated with happiness.  Perhaps because he tried too often? (that's his theory).  Now time travels - with no intention or plan -  to moments when Do Hae needs "help".

Bok Man Heum:  previously dreams, at a minimum, covered lottery numbers/stock prices and unpleasant events;  now - only dreams about Do Hae.

Bok Dong Hee:  previously could fly; now, begins to elevate when Do Hae is nearby [pure speculation - but it iS the only time she was able to float - she theorized it was because she had lost weight - so now the viewer begins to assume the same?]  We still don't now why she gained so much weight - and the viewer really should know that by now.

Bok I Na:  Unclear, but on the surface, her power manifested when her mother chose to drive off the cliff - it may have been the 1st time?  If she heard her mother's thoughts - and they involved double suicide/murder - then no wonder she doesn't want to ever experience her power.  

I must admit - the probable connection between the fire and gwi Joo's probable (?) participation leaves me "meh" - too predictable.  But the two families and various characters are all interesting.  Hope it all makes sense in the end.  

it was so interesting to see how Da Hae, much like us here on MDL, was trying to create a chart with the entire family's superpowers. reminded me of this discussion thread hahaha.

JojoOnDatBeat:

it was so interesting to see how Da Hae, much like us here on MDL, was trying to create a chart with the entire family's superpowers. reminded me of this discussion thread hahaha.

I loved this because she was so smart and resilient, she started out pissing her pants scared over their powers and then started scheming how to turn the powers against them, a queen.