Tian's Full Name is Tian Sophaditsakul ✨ hope this helps 🌟

This was a super cool thread, thank you so much for sharing!!

Okay, I'm back after almost a full long year with the only name that is due to be translated in this show, lol: Tian's.

As you know Tian means "Philosopher." His last name is the name I struggled with to find meaning mainly because of "Dit" part. Recently I listened to a podcast about a certain royalty and found an interesting take on it.

Google told me that "Dit" could come from "Radit" which came from "Ratisha" that means "Cupid" or "God of love." In this version, Sophaditsakul would mean "Family of beautiful/graceful cupid."

However, I wasn't entirely sure since some searches led me to info explaining that "Ditsakul" is an elite royal family name, so I was hesitant in sharing the info until I found a podcast that has a small tangent section about this.

Apparently, "Dit" is also the name of a certain royalty born with the same name, and "Ditsakul" became the last name of his descendant. So another take of Sophaditsakul would be "Beautiful/graceful family of Dit," which explain why some source mention its elite origin.

One interpretation for the second take was that the author might choose to include "Ditsakul" into the last name to denote high social status of wealth and governmental connection.

Sorry for the long wait.

Hi,
thank you so much for your wonderful work!!!
I have a question, can anyone write down Tian's name correctly in Thai?
I only found เธียร which is translated as candle.
Thank you to those who will answer

you mean his full name, right?  if so, here it is... "เธียร โสภาดิษสกุล”.
p.s. เทียน = candle; เธียร = philosopher. 

duenneud:

you mean his full name, right?  if so, here it is... "เธียร โสภาดิษสกุล”.
p.s. เทียน = candle; เธียร = philosopher. 

Thanks so much duenneud! 

Yes I mean his full name,  your answer is exactly what I was looking for. I'm sorry I wrote it wrong , thanks for the correction