solipsism5:

I have a suggestion if anyone is interested in another rewatch.  I know someone already mentioned it but I would suggest ITSAY because you could invite some people over from those currently watching I Promised You the Moon.  Just post it on the current discussion board so you can get a whole new bunch of people.  

This is a nice group of people that are watching 1000 stars and I appreciate your many nice comments and your enthusiasm.  It's fun having rewatch parties to share our experiences and love for BL.  Can we change the time, though?  I would rather do these things on Saturdays because I work during the weekdays [the only reason I haven't attended any of the rewatches, live].  I think a lot of other people also work on Friday mornings.  I'm up for anything, though.  

The only problem I have is though that this Synctube thing only works with YouTube Links I think. As far as I know ITSAY is not on YouTube but I would try to figure sth. out. Maybe I’ll have to do some illegal stuff HAHA pssst. But yeah most likely it will be hard if it’s not on YouTube.

Saturdays would also work out for me. Maybe not every Saturday but most of them I guess. 

Damn, I know what you mean.  ITSAY is hard as hell to find.  It's only available on VIMEO for a very high price.  I guess we should take a survey of what people want to see that's available on youtube.  It's ok, advertising is my specialty.  All of us have friends so just send out invites to all of them to watch and we'll get enough people that way.  

solipsism5:

Damn, I know what you mean.  ITSAY is hard as hell to find.  It's only available on VIMEO for a very high price.  I guess we should take a survey of what people want to see that's available on youtube.  It's ok, advertising is my specialty.  All of us have friends so just send out invites to all of them to watch and we'll get enough people that way.  

Yeah I’ll try sth. Out this evening and let y’all know if ITSAY is possible. I’m not giving up easily haha I gotta try first. 

Jaybird17:
It  also made a lot of the audience hate Phupha more for keeping it a secret.  I think we are all in agreement that he shouldn't have confronted Tian in front of the villagers. It is out of his character but quite honestly it is realistic.

I agree, i remembered after this episode aired and EarthMix had some activities the host and other people keep saying they're angry with Earth lol (they're just kidding of course) but you really felt that everyone was feeling sorry for Tian and angry with Phu.

And as i've said before good thing Earth is a really great actor because he was able to make us still empathize with him. I've seen a lot of characters before who did something less worse than him but since the actor/actress is not that good the character gets irredeemable in my eyes or the other way around like a really really bad character who still manages to be likable because of a great actor.

Jaybird17:
So Tian's revelation is nothing short of betrayal.  The way Phupha looked at him  as he walked away after the revelation was full of pain (sad teary eyes).  He was deeply hurting because of all the emotional investments.   So no matter how much people want to punch him, I can't feel the same.  I was once in his position before and it's soul crushing. 

Yes, you explained it well. I know, as much as i want Phu to suffer on our rewatch i really do understand his POV. I guess i just wanted him to really feel bad a little bit more lol. But anyway yes, i feel really bad for Phu when this first aired everyone was quick to judge him and feel bad for Tian. Everyone forgot when Phu waited patiently for the right time to ask Tian about Torfun and Tian lied to his face at the cliff. Phu definitely has the right to be angry and feel betrayed.

I'm not sure if im correct but when Phu got shot and flashback of the confrontations was shown, i really liked that they showed a bit of like an extended shot where they showed how heartbroken Phu was at both time he pushed Tian away. He was angry, sad, heartbroken and torn and i really felt it.

solipsism5:
“Why don’t you just leave.”  You couldn’t imagine your love interest doing that to you.  It would be devastating, and you have to feel so sorry for Tian.  He’s already been through hell and he has to hear this on top of it.  It’s as if Phupha is saying why don’t you die already?  Again, this is such a powerful moving moment like I’ve seen nowhere else in BL.

When he said "i would give it back if i could" my heart broke into pieces, that was painful. This whole scene was really heartbreaking, i had tears of sadness and frustration watching this. 

When Phu finally finds out the truth, Earths acting was really good. The subtle change in his eyes and expression was impressive. 

I'm not ready to cry again in Episode 9, can't wait to see you guys then. :)

solipsism5:
I guess we should take a survey of what people want to see that's available on youtube. It's ok, advertising is my specialty.

If ITSAY is not possible then my second choice would be Gaya Sa Pelikula.   It's on YouTube and has AWESOME music  (vocal, not instrumental.)

I'd be okay with Saturday watching to make it easier for you guys in Europe.    But would you mind starting earlier?    Something like 4 pm Bangkok time would be 11 am CET.....would that work?    That way it won't conflict with the lively social lives (ahem) of us in East Asia.

solipsism5:
The funereal atmosphere continues for a while Tian walks around the village like a zombie with everyone refusing to acknowledge him. When he sees Phupha later the look he gives him conveys such hatred, when he says, “Why don’t you just leave.” You couldn’t imagine your love interest doing that to you. It would be devastating, and you have to feel so sorry for Tian. He’s already been through hell and he has to hear this on top of it. It’s as if Phupha is saying why don’t you die already? Again, this is such a powerful moving moment like I’ve seen nowhere else in BL.

Yes, it is a tremendously powerful moment.......but clearly Aof did not want to play it up, for fear of crossing a line (into melodrama?).    Imagine this scene in the hands of Boss Kuno  (the ITSAY director) and what it would have looked like!!    (And how many of us would be sobbing masses of jelly on the floor......)

But I just want to comment on the sheer injustice of this.    Tian has done NOTHING wrong.   Yes he had a dissolute lifestyle previously, no doubt earning him some bad karma, but since he came to the village??   Apart from not watching the kids swimming closely enough, I cannot think of a single bad thing he has done.   The hand that fate has dealt him is so unfair.   He's an innocent beset by sleazeballs.   Given a new heart he had no voice in selecting, unjustifiedly blamed by everyone for Torfun's death, blamed (and blaming himself) for inadvertently damaging the villagers' livelihood, and THEN rejected -- nay, apparently despised -- by the man he has come to love.   That would be, as you say, devastating and it would be a rare man who could spring back from it.   (Screenplay healing is indeed wonderful.)    

I think Phu has earned himself a serious debt of bad karma, and he's gonna have to spend the rest of his life being saintly to Tian in order to avoid being reborn as a forest leech.    

Ok Update:
First I tried to upload the episode to Youtube so we could just watch in SyncTube but YouTube is kinda amazing these days and immediately noticed that the video is stolen content HAHA but I didn't get banned or sth. for trying - lucky xD

But I found another side to watch stuff also from other websites like Vimeo and even Facebook. The website is not as nice looking as Synctube but it works and it even has a fun feature: If you want you can activate your camera and microphone and scream in the middle of the episode hahaha. (This only works for 10 people though) So yeah ITSAY should work out. And we could even watch IPYTM there if it's finished airing. 

Yeah I can only do the technical stuff could someone else of you organise the rewatch (creating a thread/ set the time..)? :) A thread would be good so we could head over there to discuss and not spam this ATOTS thread :D

That's awesome!  I'll do it if no one else will.  Just let me know.  I'll set up the thread, and time.  I'm open to suggestions as to when the best time for everyone would be.

Hi Everyone!  Here's the latest installment.  All these chapters don't take place in the series.  Have a nice week!

Chapter 19;

Tay and Tian take the car back to the city.  Tay tells Tian its ok if he cries but Tian tells him that he’s done enough crying already.  He had been crying all night after he separated from Phupha. He asks Tian if he was surprised that no one had come looking for him from Bangkok.  Tay tells Tian that his father had found someone to look after him as soon as he had made his way to the village.  Tay asks him why he did it, why he chose to become a volunteer teacher.  Tian tells him he was bored with everything and he found it was impossible to achieve happiness.  Tian says that by trying something new he might achieve happiness.  Tay asks if found it in the village.  To this Tian says he had to part before he got to know him, meaning Phupha was his happiness.  Tay isn’t sure what Tian is referring to [translation says he thought Tian might be referring to the Akha children or villagers].  After 10 hours they arrive at  the Sopasitsakul mansion.  Lalita greets him and is overjoyed he has returned.  She tells him if her husband’s closest subordinate, Colonel Peetan hadn’t reported that Tian was fine to her, she would have been worried sick.  Tian notes how his mother has lost weight and she slaps him on the shoulder, saying how she would scold him later.  Suddenly Tian is overcome with remorse and he says, “I’m sorry, Mum.”  Mrs. Lalita strokes her son’s head in relief and says she’s glad he’s back safely.  Lalita says she will allow him travel in the future anywhere he wants except to Phabandao village.  Tian averts his gaze when she says this.  His father comes up to him and tells him they would talk later and that he should comfort his mother first.  Tian goes to his room and eventually falls asleep while crying remembering Phupha.

The next day at breakfast Pim arrives.  When Tian comes down he asks if they should eat together.  Pim is surprised at his tone because he seemed so different than his sarcastic old self.    After sitting at breakfast for a while he asks that the chef make western food in the future.  Pim sarcastically asks if he no longer likes the simple food from the mountain [Phabandao village].  Pim says some more sarcastic things and Tian gets up angrily stating he wished he could have stayed in the mountains the rest of his life.  Pim remarks that Lalita wouldn’t let him do that.  Lalita is very upset with Pim’s behavior and threatens to withhold her jewelry from her that Pim was going to borrow to go to a party the following week.  Lalita then goes over to calm Tian down, afraid that he would go back to the mountain village.  Tian interacts with some of his nieces and nephews.  He doesn’t shout at them like he used to.  He told them he wouldn’t scold them like he used to, but he would still punish them if they misbehaved. 

Tian goes out afterwards in a new car that replaced his Maserati which he had abandoned when he went up into the mountains.  He enjoys driving the very expensive car.  For the next two weeks his mother keeps him busy going to all sorts of social events.  Tian goes to his former university and he wanders around thinking only of his memories of the village.  Soon he gets a call from Director Winai from the SaengThong Foundation where he first applied to be a volunteer teacher.  Director Winai reminds Tian that he had promised to answer his questions when he came back.  When Tian arrives at the foundation he goes to Winai’s office and Winai tells him that he is surprised that Tian had lasted more than two months in Phabandao village.  Winai also said that if he hadn’t had the incident with the smugglers he was confident Tian would have stayed for his whole term.  Tian relates how his heart missed the village and how the people of the village taught him to value his own values.  He says that the villagers had become the best thing in his life.  Tian starts crying while Winai looks on compassionately.  Winai asks him if he had found the answer he was looking for in the village.  Tian replies that he didn’t think he could benefit anyone before, that he had just been a troublemaker.  Winai tells him he thinks Tian is lost.  He asks Tian why he doesn’t go back to the village as Winai could send him there.  Tian realizes he couldn’t go because of how worried his mother would be, that he was dependent on his parents for his survival, and that he had to continue his studies.  Winai tells Tian that his father had called the first day after Tian had left for the village.  Tian’s father told Winai that he hoped Tian would do well there, and whatever Tian wanted to be, he would support it unconditionally.  Winai says that Tian might choose his future from what happened in the past but that he should try to do well in the present.  Tian’s clouded thinking is cleared up and a bright sparkle appears in his eyes. 

Tian picks up his studies where he left off until the beginning of the new academic year.  He’s behind his classmates, and most of them graduate ahead of him.  Tian, after a few weeks of studying runs into Tull one day.  Tull invites Tian out to a party so they can meet up with their old friends.  Tian seems uninterested and said they never visited him when he was dying in the hospital.  Tull reveals that he’ll win 100,000 bahts for bringing Tian to the party from a bet the others had made with him.  Tull promises to give Tian the money and Tian makes him swear that it will be in his account by the next morning.  Tull planned on picking up Tian in the evening.  Tull thinks to himself that if he gets Tian to hang out he would become his old self again.  Tian and Tull go to a famous bar in Thong Lo.  A former friend of Tian, Thun waves them over.  Thun tells Tian he’s not allowed to go home without getting drunk then he brings over some girls to sit at the table with them.  One of the girls flirts with Tian, telling him that she missed him.  Tian looked at the girl he once slept with and starts to get aroused.  Tian tries to shake himself out of it just as another girl latches on to him.  She asks him to sleep with her that night.  Tian gets up, distraught and says he has to go to the bathroom.  Tian’s friends start mocking him as he starts walking to the bathroom.  Tian is very angry with his friends and he suddenly thinks of Phupha who had once said there are ways of dealing with people without using force.  Tian hatches a plan to seduce one of the girls at the bar.  He writes a number and name for the girl at the bar.  A very large man makes his way through the crowd to the girl with whom Tian had just left a phone number.  The man finds the number and starts yelling someone’s name. 

End of Chapter 19

Chapter 20

The large man yells at every table until he approaches the VIP table that Tian had sat at with his friends.  The friend of Tian whom Tian had set up responds to the large man and soon they start fighting.  Tian watches the ensuing chaos from a safe distance.  More people join the fight and soon a general melee breaks out.  Tian then uses his phone to recreate the sound of a police siren and uses a microphone that was dropped off the stage to enhance the volume.  Someone shouts that the police are here and soon people start to flee in a panic.  After a short while Tull catches up to Tian and grabs him by his collar.  He says he knows Tian started this mess, and he says he’s going to take Tian outside to fight with him.  Tull takes him to his car and they both see real police cars coming on to the scene.  Tian sees that his friends lip was split open and he was bleeding.  Tull yells at Tian blaming him for getting Tull injured.  Tull then burst out laughing.  Tull says he he’s happy that Tian isn’t becoming a monk and that he actually was still pretty bad, and commending him also for using his brain.  Tull acknowledges Tian has gained something from his experience in the village. Tian tells Tull that he doesn’t want to see those friends of his again.  Tull agrees to this.

End of Chapter 20

Chapter 21

2 years have passed.  The situation near Phabandao has stabilized after the massive illegal logging incident had been dealt with.  There are occasional clashes still with drug smugglers and terrorists, though.  A recent fight with human traffickers resulted in a few serious injuries, and Phupha also received an injury.  Dr. Nam dresses Phupha’s wound and they nag each other back and forth.  Dr. Nam talks about his upcoming marriage to Dr. Jib.  Phupha asks Dr. Nam if he really loves her.  Dr. Nam doesn’t respond to this, but he does say he is worried about Phupha, because he has never gotten over Tian.  Nam notices that Phupha often looks depressed.  Nam makes a salacious joke that Phupha should hit on the new doctor that had just moved there.  Phupha gets irritated at this and tells Nam he’ll throw him down a ravine.  Nam then says that Nong Tian has probably forgotten about Phupha.  Phupha in a trembling, hoarse voice says, “He said he’ll never forget.”  Nam’s demeanor changes hearing this and he’s surprised that Phupha is still waiting for Tian.  Dr. Nam tells him that he needs to try to catch Tian [the flower from heavan], because it wouldn’t fall into his hand without effort.  Dr. Nam tells Phupha he was going to send a wedding invitation to Tian.  He asks Phupha if he thinks Tian would come.  Phupha threatens to kill Nam for interfering and Nam laughs it off.  Phupha looks up and sees thousands of stars in the sky and thinks back to when Tian was on the cliff counting the stars. 

Tian has been studying pretty well for two years at his university.  He’s just come back from the US where he went to visit a university to study for his Master’s degree.  Sometimes, he still thinks about Phabandao village but he doesn’t feel it as strongly as before.  Tian has been going out seeing girls but he always loses contact with them.  One day he receives na envelope from Dr. Nam.  It’s the wedding invitation.  Tian’s heart starts racing and he runs back home.  Tian has a suit made for the wedding.  Lalita is interested who the groom is and he tells her he’s the army doctor near the village he was at in the mountains.  The wedding is in Bangkok in the Phra Nakhon area near the Grand Palace.  When he gets there Dr. Nam rushes over to greet him causing a small commotion.  Dr. Nam says Tian looks very handsome and that Phupha had picked well.  This causes Tian to get flustered and Dr. Nam, becoming more serious, asks if Tian had come to see Phupha.  Dr.Nam tells Tian that Phupha has already returned to the village.  Tian feels consternation upon hearing this and asks if Phupha had purposely done that to avoid him on the wedding night.  Dr. Nam defends Phupha saying if he thought Tian still thought about him he would have stayed, but Tian doesn’t believe him.  Tian attempts to go mingle with the other guests but Dr.Nam asks Tian for his phone number so he can contact him.  Dr.Nam is forced by his wife to receive guests. 

Tian has graduated from his university and has to go to the US soon to take a course in language fundamentals before his actual course starts.  Tian gets ready packing his clothes and his mother packs some thick jumpers for him for the fall weather.  Suddenly the phone rings and Tian sees it’s from Dr. Nam.  Tian’s mother, while rummaging though his things uncovers Torfun’s diary.  She is shocked when she discover’s whose diary it is.  Lalita has just discovered that Tian had gone to the village because that was the one Torfun had worked at.  She wants to confront Tian but thinks better of it, worrying that he’ll want to go back to the village if she says anything.  At some point Lalita reflects that even as she has given Tian life it is the right of the children to decide their future.  While she tries to put the diary away a photograph suddenly falls out.  It’s a picture of Phupha.  She wonders if this was Torfun’s lover. 

Tian’s father comes in to see him.  He tells Tian his mother is happy that he’s going to be studying at a prestigious university.  His father later asks him to come to his room to have a talk with him.  He gives Tian several envelopes that came from the Saengthong Foundation that his mother had intercepted.  They were many letters from the children of Phabandao village.  Mr. Teerayut asks Tian not to be mad at his mother.  Tian sobs and say’s even until now they hadn’t forgotten him.  Mr. Teerayut then asks Tian if he is happy.  First Tian says he doesn’t want to make his mom and dad upset anymore.  Tian is in turmoil and his father says that his answer wasn’t sufficient.  Tian feels very confused and ask his Dad not to question him anymore.  His father soon leaves and tells Tian that he would support him in whatever future he chose.  Tian thinks again of Phupha and is overwhelmed.  He thinks of the promise he had made to him.  Tian wearily and slowly collects the letters of the children.   

solipsism5:

That's awesome!  I'll do it if no one else will.  Just let me know.  I'll set up the thread, and time.  I'm open to suggestions as to when the best time for everyone would be.

Well what about taking the middle. Not 4 pm not 8 pm but like 6 pm Bankok Time? :D

kpoptrash:
Well what about taking the middle. Not 4 pm not 8 pm but like 6 pm Bankok Time? :D

That doesn't solve the problem for me, 'coz 6 pm BKK is 7 pm where I am, and a 90-minute rewatch would basically eat the whole of Saturday evening.     How about Sunday at 6 pm BKK --  I don't mind giving up my Sunday evenings for this great fun -- how would that work?     

Then again, maybe I'm the only one with Saturday problems......how about KZRocks and Jaybird:  you guys are in the same timezone as me.  Would Saturday (or Sunday) work for you?

I'm fine with either day, so I hope Sunday works for everyone.

BraveAppointment1:

That doesn't solve the problem for me, 'coz 6 pm BKK is 7 pm where I am, and a 90-minute rewatch would basically eat the whole of Saturday evening.     How about Sunday at 6 pm BKK --  I don't mind giving up my Sunday evenings for this great fun -- how would that work?     

Then again, maybe I'm the only one with Saturday problems......how about KZRocks and Jaybird:  you guys are in the same timezone as me.  Would Saturday (or Sunday) work for you?

If we do Sunday I would even prefer the 4 pm Bankok Time :D I’m usually not home on Sundays in the evening.  So would Sunday, 4 pm Bankok time work for most of us? 

I'm on a self imposed house arrest because I'm too paranoid about this pandemic and I have no work on weekends so unless something urgent comes up I am good with the schedule.

Let's all stay safe!!!