@OneAjhussi Literally you are incapable of critical thinking, that is all. You can't see beyond the surface value, one day this is going to come back and bite you in the ass.

pixpix:
I guess You decide to ignore the fact how some people are calling whites, asians, indians etc. even some particular countries in europe. Also ignore the fact how white people are killed in some part of Africa because of their race and their farm are burned (and it wasn't called racist, because along the way few blacks also lost farms). At some point of history, same as in current point of time You can find some form of oppression on literally every race in some cases. Focusing just on 1 race instead of problem as a whole is just silly and cause more division then solution. Same as nitpicking fragments and looking for excuse to call something "racist" , "sexist" etc....wondering when white plates on table will be called "white privilege" and dark shoes "racist" cause we step on them.

I see you've focused on the part where I said that black people were a historically and currently oppressed race. You are absolutely right that every race at some point in history had been oppressed, but this isn't a discussion about racism as a whole, we are talking ONLY about the reason why this show might be controversial. Not every single race has a character based on them being portrayed as dirty in this particular show.

Also, no person of right mind throws a fit about white plates being on the table and black shoes on your feet. I don't know what kind of people you interact with to even encounter this scenario where the colour of inanimate objects in daily life is somehow connected to race relations. 

peachy-arsenic:

@OneAjhussi Literally you are incapable of critical thinking, that is all. You can't see beyond the surface value, one day this is going to come back and bite you in the ass.

Firstly you tell me to go educate myself. Now you call me incapable of critical thinking... All this on the account of a simple drama... You know what?.... You need a cure. Lol. 

OneAjhussi:
Firstly you tell me to go educate myself. Now you call me incapable of critical thinking... All this on the account of a simple drama... You know what?.... You need a cure. Lol.

You seem to take 'educate yourself' as some kind of insult as if I'm saying you are illiterate. I mean it in the sense that you are not very informed about the impact of subtle racism on the lives of people. Critical thinking has nothing to do with your level of education, it is a skill that you develop by putting yourself in the boots of another person.

It's not on account of the drama, I quite like BR to be honest. It's on account of your ignorance and the fact that you couldn't comprehend the fact that the Rasta guy has other implications. 

peachy-arsenic:

You seem to take 'educate yourself' as some kind of insult as if I'm saying you are illiterate. I mean it in the sense that you are not very informed about the impact of subtle racism on the lives of people. Critical thinking has nothing to do with your level of education, it is a skill that you develop by putting yourself in the boots of another person.

It's not on account of the drama, I quite like BR to be honest. It's on account of your ignorance and the fact that you couldn't comprehend the fact that the Rasta guy has other implications. 

I am super loving it.  It's light-hearted and not to be taken seriously.  The action scenes are exaggerated but yeah it is comedy and if you can see the other work of the Pdnim (The Fiery Priest, you will see that it has the same touch of fun and excitement and antics!).  

And the controversy, what controversy?  I think people just want to make an excuse to bash this drama, but why?  

I love both Ji Chang Wook and Kim Yoo Jung, they are nailing their characters, their acting is flawless and their chemistry is topnotch.  They are THE BEST COMBINATION according to a recent Naver news.

pixpix:

I don't think drama itself is controversial, but some people who are commenting are actually controversial.
And they're offended by literally everything depending on the mood and their own view.
They cannot accept some comedy and other points of view, so they constantly attacking in the name of own "justice". Because of this kind of people, sometimes comments sections becoming a mess and simple spam.

I totally agree with you.   IF people will just learn how to respect and reserved their judgement, unnecessary hatred and bashing will be minimized if not avoided.   

There's no controversy in this drama, just another pointless polemic. People who feel offended are offended because they want to be offended or because they want to fight windmills, like Don Quixote.

I am totally loving it. Enjoying how it is different from being the usual dramas that I have watched before, loving the funny and cute male lead and strong female lead

pixpix:

I don't think drama itself is controversial, but some people who are commenting are actually controversial.
And they're offended by literally everything depending on the mood and their own view.
They cannot accept some comedy and other points of view, so they constantly attacking in the name of own "justice". Because of this kind of people, sometimes comments sections becoming a mess and simple spam.

if there was a like button i would have liked your comments.. almost all of the negative comments are from some selected people who replies on every single comments

pixpix:

Very well stated.  

I like the drama, love the two leads.  There is a scene in either episode 3 or 4 with actors being taken over by the spirit from their "Fiery Priest" roles that made me literally laughed out loud.  

I'm enjoying it so far. It's funny. At first I didn't know why people said that this show has racism in it. I only knew after seeing people's comments. I'm just enjoying the drama without much thoughts. I'm not having any racism thoughts too....

I'm enjoying it so far. It's light and funny and JCW is always sure to please. To each their own I guess. I don't watch kdramas to teach me values, thinking and/or lifestyle - I watch kdrams purely for my pleasure.....oh and eye candy :)

I love it, 10/10 for me

I'm enjoying it very much.  Controversial?  I don't think so.  People can take things way out of proportion just to cause trouble for someone