@phoenixfrost 

I really appreciate knowing about this eye-opener about the Chinese Entertainment industry. I hope you don't mind, I included this information in my review here and in Imdb too.

HangInThere:

@phoenixfrost 

I really appreciate knowing about this eye-opener about the Chinese Entertainment industry. I hope you don't mind, I included this information in my review here and in Imdb too.

Hi, @HangInThere ,

I don't mind at all. In fact, I would like this topic to be known by everyone interested in c-ent. Hopefully, Weibo, Douban and other sites would set up a process or system to counter these yxh and water armies. Douban has some system in place, but obviously it's not working when something like what happened to Fireworks in My Heart and Only For Love is happening.

Another way this can be useful is for viewers to wise up, to not be gullible, to not be easily swayed by what they read online. Yxh and water armies are only powerful when people believe what they write. I don't see their lies working as well with, say, US viewers who are more aware of the prevalence of fake news on the web, though of course, there are still some who are just as gullible.

I tend to ignore the rating system. I watch what I wanna watch then decide whether to continue or drop it. Simply because in the internet age, there are tons of fake reviews.

( As I am not fond of reviews in beauty forums and vloggers- anymore. I found many paid promote comments that exaggerate the product's efficacy.)

ayume:

I tend to ignore the rating system. I watch what I wanna watch then decide whether to continue or drop it. Simply because in the internet age, there are tons of fake reviews.

( As I am not fond of reviews in beauty forums and vloggers- anymore. I found many paid promote comments that exaggerate the product's efficacy.)

I sure wish all drama watchers are like you. I actually just woke up after witnessing what happened to Fireworks of My Heart. Now, too, I don't believe in Douban and other drama scores anymore, and just watch a few episodes of dramas to decide whether to watch to the end or not. I have stopped believing in product reviews after buying a product on Amazon that got thousands of perfect score but turned out to be a dud.

I took it as a baseline but when I see super popular stars drama, I take is less seriously since sometimes the actors personal life can changes the drama score. 

forcomment:

I took it as a baseline but when I see super popular stars drama, I take is less seriously since sometimes the actors personal life can changes the drama score. 

I see at least two ways an actor's popularity can impact a drama's score - his fans would tend to give all of his dramas perfect score, regardless of its quality. His popularity would also attract haters, usually fans of other actors who see him as competition, who would give him low, if not the lowest, scores.

Just saw this article (Can someone pls explain the word “YXH” and how bad it is) and thought about this discussion forum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CDrama/comments/17isrlr/can_someone_pls_explain_the_word_yxh_and_how_bad/?rdt=51768

It says, "YXH or Ying Xiao Hao (营销号) are marketing accounts created to spread hate". Ying Xiao Hao itself just means "marketing accounts" though. So it appears YXH refers to all marketing accounts on Chinese sites? So, all marketing accounts can be used to spread hate?

The article also says anyone can pay for these accounts, including:

- Rival fans themselves just make rumors to bring the actors down (this are not paid but just due to toxic fan culture)  

- Rival companies  

- Actors' own companies when they are leaving  

- Actors themselves for positive rumors  

- Investors themselves to crate buzz when the dramas are not doing well  

- Literally everyone you can think about 

Thus, spreading hate is just one of the functions of YXH and maybe some YXH don't spread hate. If so, I guess that explains why China can't get rid of them.

This makes me so mad. I loved OFL and to see it not get the appreciation it deserved is really frustrating.

@HangInThere, thanks for the article. I agree, that YXH's having other functions than just spreading hate must be the reason Weibo, Douban and other hosts can't easily get rid of them, even though the Chinese government has tried to. Well, if even these institutions can't get rid of them, the onus is on the netizens, not tobe gullible and read everything we see online with a grain of salt.

Rita:

This makes me so mad. I loved OFL and to see it not get the appreciation it deserved is really frustrating.

This is why I try to defend dramas like this that have been attacked by haters. The injustice is unbearable. Chinese Entertainment is too dirty, I have started removing myself trom cdramas. I will probably still watch Dylan's dramas though, as he is the most blackened cdrama actor, poor guy, and I don't think he is the type who will pay YXHs to blacken other artists.

Many netizens are still unaware that there are so-called YXHs that blacken celebs and dramas, thus believe everything they read online and get swayed easily. If netizens become more aware of this operation and become less gullible, then, hopefully, that would render YXHs useless. This is probably just wistful thinking, but better than feeling hopeless.