Polina Bogdanova:

I feel like it will be either happy or open ending. For example, they meet again after many years or he is left alone after she dies and somehow manages to see her again. Something similar to  Memories of the Alhambra.

I hope not... give me tragedy over rebirth.

Kdrama247:

I hope not... give me tragedy over rebirth.

Why? Don't you like happy endings?

Dani:

Our female lead is slated to die in 100 days. So predictions on how this is gonna go? I have a bunch of theories based on the genre.

• She dies and our male lead learns some valuable lesson about humanity (really hope this isn't the ending because I'm tired of "terminally ill person dies and inspire others" Walk to Remember plot lines)
  • She lives, he becomes human, they live happily ever after.
    • something similar but with added amnesia for some angst?
  • She dies but becomes doom along side him and they doom people together for eternity (I really kind of want this ending?)
  • They meet each other again in another life

i will actually cry my ass out if the last 2 becomes the ending like fr. LIKE IMAGINE THE DOOM COUPLE LIKE JOKER AND HARLEY BABFVGBWSGGVBH 

okay but my theory will be hmm

doom heals her brain cancer (not using the wish), but she will get amnesia and she will lose all memory of him which will make doom more compassionate and he will cry his ass out and then tries his best to make her remember him [picked up from someone's theory too] then when she remembers, she will use her wish to let doom be free from his misery then happily ever after till they die together <3

I just hope they don't add amnesia plot to the ending, it always makes me feel like I've wasted my time.

ArtemisLannister:

I just hope they don't add amnesia plot to the ending, it always makes me feel like I've wasted my time.

My least favourite tropes are pretty much any that use the last episodes to separate the leads, amnesia, break up, study abroad, etc. Then we have to wait for them to be reunited in the final episode or last 20 minutes. I'd almost rather a tragic ending than a cliche at this point. 

Kdrama247:

Some ideas I have, somewhat similar to others,

1. She makes MM human as her wish, then since she didn't wish for doom,  they both die since he's the one she loves at that time (sad ending, but they both experienced love so we take it)

2. I think the girl in the hospital is Mother Earth, who's dying because of us and the imbalance with Doom. DK becomes the new Mother Earth her love with MM brings balance and they live happily ever after. (ignore plot holes, because it's happy)

I'm sure I'll come up with more ideas as the show goes on, seeing as how there was so much we didn't even get into from the first 2 episodes. I'm excited for the plot twists!!

Omg, I love the second theory, I would love it if that happened. I feel like her cancer would be cured but he would die, smthg like that and they would reunite in the end, somewhat like goblin but I hope that wouldn't happen. Also what if we get clowned and in the end the person she loves the most is still her brother ??

Polina Bogdanova:

Why? Don't you like happy endings?

I do like happy endings, realistic happy. Rebirth endings I feel are fake happy and a cop out like they couldn’t commit to the tragedy. Also, usually one doesn’t remember the other in rebirth and they’re like new people. Tragedy, though it is sad, you still have closure, like Romeo and Juliet.

Kdrama247:

I do like happy endings, realistic happy. Rebirth endings I feel are fake happy and a cop out like they couldn’t commit to the tragedy. Also, usually one doesn’t remember the other in rebirth and they’re like new people. Tragedy, though it is sad, you still have closure, like Romeo and Juliet.

I also don't like forced happy endings because they're unrealistic but I want our couple to be together in the end!

I think that DK will definitely fall in love with MM by the end (and vice versa). What kind of kdrama romance would this be if it ended otherwise? :) I also think that this series has a very strong potential for a happy ending.

My theory is that because MM is an immortal being, instead of flat out dying on the 100th day, he will simply lose his immortality, thereby “dooming“ himself to the fate of death as a mortal and fulfilling his end of the bargain.  I don’t necessarily know if MM knows that this will occur, he will probably be surprised to find himself in tact and no longer responsible for shouldering the responsibilities of Doom. From that point on, I suspect DK and MM will live together as mortals and both will die of natural causes much later in life.

I love this series, it would be great if this theory was right and these two got to live a life together before passing on. :)

Misomeone:

Dude. I will be happy of they do not make the ending like "light in your eyes" i will be jinja happy. 

I swear you've taken the words from my mouth. I really wish they get a happy ending considering the fact that the entire drama has a real negative feel. But then again, I am not Tak Dong Kyung  and  I dont have doom at my service. Am I asking for too much?

My theory is she's gonna love myulmang the most so at the end he will disappear then the female lead will spend some time in sorrow around 13-15 episode and then he will appear again and have happy ending; I don't know how it'll be turned out but I think tvn won't risk giving a sad ending ....

Based on the story so far it looks like both of them will die either way...if they fall in love and she doesn't fulfill the contract before dying her most loved one (doom in this case) will also die and if she does fulfill it then she dies, the world dies and the 2 deities become obsolete and hence cease to exist...

This reminds me of a book I read. It's the existence series where Death falls in love with a girl who is destined to die. In the last book, the gods acknowledge their love for each other and grant the girl eternal life, to let her walk alongside death as long as he exists. Also she's allowed to stay in the mortal world alongside her friends and family and will join death in his realm after all her loved ones have lived full lives and died. I hope this drama's ending is something like that. 

It can also end up like the watchers book series where the guy gives up his immortality and becomes human to settle down with the human girl he's in love with. 

I just hope it's not like Hwayugi: the korean odyssey. I dislike open endings like that. And there never is a 2nd season to give closure. 

Harshita Sahu:
I just hope it's not like Hwayugi: the korean odyssey. I dislike open endings like that. And there never is a 2nd season to give closure. 

yes!!I loved that series but then the ending left me wanting. I really love the idea of them being immortal together, it would be something pretty new from a kdrama. 

In an episode Doom mentioned there is no such thing as next life, we only get one, so i don't think there will be any rebirth kind of ending. I think either both of them will die together (less likely) or doom will die (most likely. He might be saved, depends on deity).

I kinda like it to have a different ending than the "both humans together". maybe making her die and become Doom together or something