KarenFischer:

I do not know exactly. But i read that  over 600 it is a hit drama

This was only first week, and many people were busy with CNY celebrations, slump time for drama watching even a long anticipated and reserved drama such as AASOL. So it was not the best time to evaluate a drama on numbers viewing popularity: it would of course be less points than it would have aired outside such distractions and occupations timeslot.  Let's wait till Sunday.  I'm optimistic that this drama will be a hit one. 

Even if not as brilliant, let's hope it will be among the best ones for the pair.

For History's sake :  "Love Like The Galaxy" (then very long costume drama) entered and stayed in the 10 best "webdramas" of week as 

1. #1 with 601 points on July 17, 2022 on 2nd week running after premiering July 5, that year
  2.  #1 despite falling a bit to 598 points  on July 24, 2022 ; 
  3. # 1  rising to  610 points on August 7, 2022 ;
  4. # 1 despite falling to 596 points on August 14, 2024 ;
  5. # 3 falling to 587.4 points on August 21, 2024  but almost neck to neck with the two competing blockbusters #2 Immortal Samsara (587.35) and #1 Love Between Fairy and Devil (588.4) : tightest race ever between dramas ;
  6.  #3 with  against same top contenders, LBFAD rising to 611 pts  on # August 28. 2022 ;
  7. # 4 falling behind Chasing the Undercurrent, LBFAD, and #1  Immortal Samsara (599 points) on September 4, 2022
  8.  # 7  behind #3  LBFAD, #2 IS, #1 Chasing the Undercurrent (579 points) on September 11, 2022
  9.  #  8  before #9 Immortal Samsara, but behind #4 LBFAD and #1 Chasing the Undercurrent (588 points)  on September 18, 2022
  10.  #  8  before #9  behind #7 LBFAD and #1 Chasing the Undercurrent (579 points)  on September 25, 2022
  11. #  9  behind #6 LBFAD and #1 Thousand Years For You (579 points)  on October 2, 2022

Leaving the top ten on Oct.9, 2022

This gives some perspective on the "hit concept" for those points, I hope, together with a reminder of Wu Lei's past score there. 

Forgive me for not doing as much archeology on The Long Ballad (which came in as #1 on April 10, 2021 after two weeks running, but points were not mentioned then) or on Nothing But You which started as #3 on the week it premiered in March 2023,  when #1 Road Home garnered 599 points but rose lightning speed the week after, to #1 with 613 points despite TTEOTM hot start, and staying #1 with 592 points week following, conceding next to Infernal Affairs on April 22, 2023.   I'll not go on, as  it's time consuming ;) )

About the system, Marcus informed "the data is provided by V-Linkage, a marketing consultant company based in Shanghai. They provide top drama charts every day."  Marcus' "top ten of the week" is based on their "seven day total points" from Sunday to Saturday.

So is AASOL considered a hit web drama ?

If it's in the top 10 it's well received.  If it's in the top 3 it's a potential hit. If it stays in the charts for over a couple weeks with say over 580 points, I'd say it is a hit. If it gets over 600 and or stays for a while in top 3, it's a big hit. If it gets over 610 points and stays in charts over three weeks running, I should consider it's a very big hit. 

Longer ? Like LLTG?  It's memorable as a huge hit to star among best results of year.

Hits are a subjective, they are not easy to quantify by one measure only. Besides, it also depends on category (romance, sports, costume, fantasy, wuxia or xianxia...)

Let's see Sunday and following weeks.

Hope that answers your question.

All I know is, I love AASOL.  I will never move on from them.

Opening Douban rating

(from about 43,700 ratings)

For comparisons sake, the opening Douban ratings with number of ratings  (vs MDL ratings) for the following romances were:

And, because V-Linkage decided to shift category from web-drama to tv-drama, Amidst A Snowstorm of Love  did not score high in the weekly top 10, but as Marcus observed, it should have been there with 588 pts in either category if points are computed equally.  Way over the #1 web drama that garnered 457 pts, and the #1 tv drama which scored 576 pts.    

So, nonetheless, it is safe to say that it is indeed a moderate hit drama for Chinese audience, but given it did not pass the 100k ratings, it is not up there yet firmly; it was hampered by CNY period certainly, and might improve in coming weeks, we shall see...

EDIT of Feb26, 2024,   AASOL is back in the weekly top ten as #4 among TV dramas.

Thank you. But why Vinklage shifted to TV drama when this is a web drama ? 

#HIKIKOMORI:

Thank you. But why Vinklage shifted to TV drama when this is a web drama ? 

Probably because it is not primarily considered as a web drama, in terms of audience measured, since it was aired simultaneously on Dragon TV, which is the Shanghai satellite TV (that can be watched elsewhere in China, not only in Shanghai.)  Now, how do they draw the fine line to categorize dramas ?  I am not part of V-linkage, which is the biggest consultant company providing data to measure how shows and games perform.... So can only give you that answer, based on logic. I think it is the first time a drama shifted category mid-way like that, anyway it is the first time I took notice of such a shift. 

I've realized that my ratings are more similar to Douban than MDL  lol  And by the way,  I also think Hidden Love is an average drama, only rated it 7 because I love the ML.

Frost_edelweiss:

Probably because it is not primarily considered as a web drama, in terms of audience measured, since it was aired simultaneously on Dragon TV, which is the Shanghai satellite TV (that can be watched elsewhere in China, not only in Shanghai.)  Now, how do they draw the fine line to categorize dramas ?  I am not part of V-linkage, which is the biggest consultant company providing data to measure how shows and games perform.... So can only give you that answer, based on logic. I think it is the first time a drama shifted category mid-way like that, anyway it is the first time I took notice of such a shift. 

Thank you very much for all the information you gave us in this thread!

About hit dramas,  further to the post before about weekly ranking, AASOL was back among the weekly top ten as #4 among TV dramas on Feb.26, 2024.    Also also check the log of Heat Indexes compiled by MDL user Dreams.   Relevant excerpts : 

"Signification of Tencent heat index (from my interpretation) :

• A drama has some popularity when the index reaches 20 000.
  • A drama that reaches 28 000 is well known and really popular.
  • A drama that reached 30k can be considered a super popular and successful drama (top drama from the platform). 
  • 30k is not the limit and the score can be higher

The fact that AASOL is still in the top ten dramas watched in China on March 16, 2024, after 4-5 weeks computing (disrupted  by its changing category from TV to web drama, and back again) proves that it is successful.