I'm having my fingers crossed for you. I'm one book behind my schedule for this year, probably because I fail to stick to one book currently. I started a couple and read 1/4 of them only to drop and start another. ^-^' 

Oh, halfway through is good. About guessing one of the main revelations I'm not sure. Depends on whether you mind or not care about your guess being correct. haha 

Thank you, I do. While reading the novel I always have the drama characters in my mind so it makes me smile a lot. :)

Ah, that means it's probably still fresh for you. I watched The Untamed in December 2019 and they never let me go completely. I tried reading the novel online but that doesn't work for me. I'm too used to reading offline. ^^ I'm so glad we got english prints for Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, Guardian and some other Chinese novels. :)

I didn't read the book I was planing to read which was What You Are Looking for is in the Library by Michiko Aoyama. Instead I read these book. As I said my goal is to read non stressful and easy reads  and this is the first time I am reading these authors. I must say i have become a fan of Abby Jimenez's book. 

Really loved this book❤️☝🏼

Its You:
As I said my goal is to read non stressful and easy reads  and this is the first time I am reading these authors.

Hey can you tell me the spice level of these books? I also am looking for easy reads but I don't want anything too smutty, thanks ;)

Eunni:

Hey can you tell me the spice level of these books? I also am looking for easy reads but I don't want anything too smutty, thanks ;)

I think you would find these books  alright.  If you have come across any good books let me know :)

Its You:

I think you would find these books  alright.  If you have come across any good books let me know :)

I recently read Ann Liang's If you could see the sun, I hope this doesn't find you, and This time it's real. I liked all of them. I also enjoyed My mechanical romance by Alexene Farol Follmuth, and Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon. These all have student main characters and academic enemies to lovers cuz I was going through a phase XD

I'm starting a bit late but I still wanted to put a little recap of some of my readings at the beginning of the year.

I mostly read short novels.

"Le témoin", The Witness by Joy Sorman is a remarkable book that denounces the judicial machine in France. I know that in order to write a book that is true to reality, the author went once a week for a year to attend trials. I really liked it and so I went to get her previous novel in a bookstore.

Elodie Fabiane had a period of unemployment, and as she joined an association helping the homeless, in this fictionalized story, "In the city" she recounts the daily life of these marauders. The author has been able to distance himself from her associative missions and show all the shortcomings of the organization and the help they provide. The story is never miserabilist and brings a new point of view on the city.

I read "les derniers indiens", The Last Indians, during a train ride, because my aunt is very fond of this French author, who is from the same region as her.  And when I finished the novel when I arrived, I was too shocked by the plot twist, I reread it twice ; at the same time, as I never guess what the plot will reveal, You've probably guessed before I... I think she writes well about the rurality of our countryside, but I don't know if I'll read more of her novels.

I had a rather special story with Leon Bloy's 19th century novel, "The Poor Woman". I liked the story of this holy but miserable woman and wanted to know what was going to happen to her. And at the same time this novel weighed on me, I dragged on and I couldn't finish it. First of all, it's not easy, I don't know how many new words I discovered in this novel, and at the same time I had a hard time getting along with all the mystical flights of fancy in the story. Maybe, for me, the author lacked a bit of humor. In short, I recommend it to read of course, but you have to hang in there.

JANUARY Reads

Rhythm of War: I'm obsessed with how deeply as a fantasy series, it's delving into the characters' psyches. Overcoming internal conflict lays the foundation for everything in this story. The buildup and the consequential payoff is so well done.

The Crown Tower:  A comfort book that introduced me to the Hadrien and Royce 10 years before they become the lovable bromance that I know and love in the main series .... when they hate each other xD Knowing their future, I coudn't stop smiling the whole way through.

Emily Wilde's Map of the Otherlands: Second book was even better than the first. This is fae and romance both done right in a world to get lost in and with characters that remind me of Howl and Sophie in some ways. PS. Please normalise the joy of holding hands in books ;-;

The Will of the Many: A Roman-inspired setting that follows a prince in hiding among his enemies. A fast paced plot because something is always happening and what that next something is is one I can't ever predict. Can't wait for Book 2 to what is now a new addiction.
FEBRUARY Reads

Riyria Chronicles: Continuation from January. When two grown men talking about unicorns makes me sink to my knees and kick my feet in joy, that's its own caliber of special. I'm not a fan of  "classic" fantasy setups, but Hadrien and Royce effortlessly ignore those odds.

The Raven Cycle: Reread. In spite of being classified as YA, I enjoyed this more as an adult than I did as a teen. Beautiful and intentional writing filled with nuances. It weaves a contemporary story with more than one touch of magic. And its "story", lies almost entirely on the value this family of friends find in one another.

MARCH Reads

The Book That Wouldn't Burn:  A theme driven narrative that although slow at times, kept me in its grip because I was curious about how things would tie together at the end. I was satisfied by the result. So I'm pleased to know I do plan on reading Book 2 when it comes out after all. 

ㅤ ㅤㅤSong Association ⇒ Two Worlds by Phil Collins

Finished reading a classic Agatha Christie book. Life is good.

Wol hwa:

Finished reading a classic Agatha Christie book. Life is good.

I always re-read some of her works during summer vacations with a glass of iced coffee. A real pleasure!

penel:

I always re-read some of her works during summer vacations with a glass of iced coffee. A real pleasure!

IKR! I cant read alot of books nowadays so her books are just a pleasure to read.

Wol hwa:

IKR! I cant read alot of books nowadays so her books are just a pleasure to read.

Like rewatching a fave classic drama :)

penel:

Like rewatching a fave classic drama :)

EXACTLY! 

So I have finally finished this e-book and the most important thing I have to say about it is: GIVE ME A PAPERBACK EDITION! Reading books on my phone is hard! I even considered printing the book out myself but it turned out to be hugely expensive! I definitely prefer having a real book on my hands so this is probably going to be the last e-book I read for a long time!

But Silent Reading or Mo Du by Priest is an amazing crime mystery: complex plot, complex characters and an obviously highly skilled and educated writer. Which was not the impression I had when I started The Guardian! That one I dropped after about 50 chapters: it was badly written and read like a screenplay!

Thank you, translators, for the excellent work!

On to the next book! I started one by Salman Rushdie yesterday. it is the first time I read one of his books: what an amazing writer!