Anisfii:

Cr. @Mizu

TY's part at the end, after he left the CX mountain ( where there is no sub )

" I was blinded by hatred
but after meeting you
I'm willing to give it all
Someday if you have someone you like
I would like to pull off my scales one by one
made it into an armor, gift for your love
( I just ) afraid that in this life
( Although ) I want to give you everything
You would never ask me for anything . "

https://mydramalist.com/79467-hu-xin#comment-13452099

Was this in the final episode after he leaves CX mountain and before he sees the boazi seller? Or was this earlier? I just finished on Viki, and don't recall this scene at all - I even went back and rewatched the end in case I somehow missed something... 

Yes it is after he left the mountain and before he saw the baozi seller. It’s like a voice over.

Oh interesting. That voiceover does not exist in the Viki version! Which is too bad because it's such a beautiful sentiment. I wonder why it was removed. Now I have to go dig around and see if I can find the original.... 

So I found the original (?) version on Dramacool -- so the voiceovers are completely different from the Viki version. In what I'm assuming is the original voiceover, he says he is blinded by hatred until he met her, and how he would willingly pull off all his scales to create an armour to protect the one she loves, etc. (none of this is on the Viki version). But in the original, he doesn't say the bit about how he was searching for, but also not searching for her, which is what he says in the Viki version. The English subs on the original, however, match what was said on Viki. It seems like maybe the Viki version is the intended version, but somehow they messed it up the first time around? I think what he said in the original is more beautiful.

Edit: I wasn't entirely correct here and dug a bit further -- see my additional comment below.

Oh interesting I didn’t realize that. It’s really a good drama that I haven’t liked/watched any other ones since then. 

CKDramaddicts:

So I found the original (?) version on Dramacool -- so the voiceovers are completely different from the Viki version. In what I'm assuming is the original voiceover, he says he is blinded by hatred until he met her, and how he would willingly pull off all his scales to create an armour to protect the one she loves, etc. (none of this is on the Viki version). But in the original, he doesn't say the bit about how he was searching for, but also not searching for her, which is what he says in the Viki version. The English subs on the original, however, match what was said on Viki. It seems like maybe the Viki version is the intended version, but somehow they messed it up the first time around? I think what he said in the original is more beautiful.

there is additional words from him from the novel..its also beautiful..

Update: So I've been a bit obsessed about the ending -- I looked it up on the official Youku YouTube channel, and it's the non-Viki ending, with correct subs. I also went further back in the episode and realized I was also mistaken -- the voiceover in Viki (where he says, he is searching for her, but also not searching...) IS heard in the other version, but it's when he is crossing the Dark River instead. In the Viki version, they took out the voiceover when he helps the old man by the river and moved it to the end after he leaves CX Mountain, but removed everything he said at the end (about how if she ever loved someone else, he would make an armour from his scales for the one she loved, but that his only fear would be that she would desire nothing from him even if he gave her everything). To get the the full voiceover with correct subs, this Youku version on YouTube seems to be the best one for anyone who had been watching the rest on Viki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6jHp5cU3aU&list=PLATwx1z00HsfEDYqKgiIhG31b8gggG5CM&index=41

mpruel:

there is additional words from him from the novel..its also beautiful..

Thanks!

Is the novel very different or reasonably similar overall?

CKDramaddicts:

Thanks!

Is the novel very different or reasonably similar overall?

same story but somehow is different.. I like the novel’s ending..its more understanding and reasonable.. and satisfying lol