katsumi_liqueur:

Oh, I didn't even watch it. I was just scrolling through the comments and waiting for the last episode to see which category it would fall into. I imagine the series is amazing, with great story, actors, visuals, everything. However, it's very sad, always about sacrifice when it comes to this genre in the end. So without the HEA, it's not something I can watch right now. It's the kind of series I need to be in a really good mental place to not be devastated and cry my eyes out.

This one seems light, althought there is never a light one in wuxia genre. 

If they keep with the rom com aspect, it will be. The author typically has things go darker towards the end, think LbFaD...so heavy but HE.

Re TtEotM, sounds as though best not to go there. The draw for me was the acting virtuosity of the male lead (everyone else good, but he was just....ethereal).

jaginsing:

If they keep with the rom com aspect, it will be. The author typically has things go darker towards the end, think LbFaD...so heavy but HE.

Re TtEotM, sounds as though best not to go there. The draw for me was the acting virtuosity of the male lead (everyone else good, but he was just....ethereal).

Ethereal is the word. BTW, I'm really waiting for Immortality because of him.

katsumi_liqueur:

Ethereal is the word. BTW, I'm really waiting for Immortality because of him.

You'll be waiting for Infinity lol.  The chances of immortality being released anytime soon is very slim

HaruNoKaze:

Arigato! \^_^/ Kikai ga attara, zehi nihongo de hanashimashou! ;)

ありがとう, でも たくさん も 忘れました gambaruyo!

<3

Erin:

You'll be waiting for Infinity lol.  The chances of immortality being released anytime soon is very slim

I KNOW!

I love cdramas, but the censorship, cuts, and edits are tough. 

katsumi_liqueur:

yeah totally....was thinking about that a lot last few days....this 40 ep rule...why? what logic? from a censorship or business sense can't fathom...

yes waiting an infinity for immortality <3 thank you Erin, can't get that out of my head now ;)

YESMISSA:

i know ML already stab two times FL  in  early episodes but I see in trailer a new scene where ML stabs FL and the heart scale go out to enter in ML body, someone said this scene is in novel, so i wanted to know when and  why he do that? how FL  react?  she is afraid? what happen between them after this act?

That scene isn't in the novel, in the novel Tian Yao is like "whatever" about taking his heart protection scale back. What he REALLY wanted back from her was his neidan, which Yan Hui also had, and is what the last major conflict of the novel is over. He gets his heart protection scale back at literally the last proper chapter of the novel, when Yan Hui dies from giving him back his neidan of her own free will, and she leaves the heart protection scale behind for him. it's symbolism because she IS his heart protection scale.

valleyofthelost:

That scene isn't in the novel, in the novel Tian Yao is like "whatever" about taking his heart protection scale back. What he REALLY wanted back from her was his neidan, which Yan Hui also had, and is what the last major conflict of the novel is over. He gets his heart protection scale back at literally the last proper chapter of the novel, when Yan Hui dies from giving him back his neidan of her own free will, and she leaves the heart protection scale behind for him. it's symbolism because she IS his heart protection scale.

Which is why I've been waiting for you to show up :D :D <3 <3 <3.....

katsumi_liqueur:

It sucks 😫. 

jaginsing:

yeah totally....was thinking about that a lot last few days....this 40 ep rule...why? what logic? from a censorship or business sense can't fathom...

yes waiting an infinity for immortality <3 thank you Erin, can't get that out of my head now ;)

Lol

Someone explain what the Neidan is then? Different from his heart scale? I had a question about her master like did he understand what she held when he took her into sect? Why did he end up kicking her out was it really because she stood up for the monsters?

Erin:

Someone explain what the Neidan is then? Different from his heart scale? I had a question about her master like did he understand what she held when he took her into sect? Why did he end up kicking her out was it really because she stood up for the monsters?

Neidan is your core (if you've watched The Untamed, that's a great explanation) from which you derive your....well, everything. So in the novel, the ultimate bad dude is stealing fox demon neidans to cultivate to next level (so if you've watched DouLuo Continent, the cultivators go around killing different levels of monsters to increase their cultivation level).

Yes it's different from heart protection scale (special object - here a dragon scale - that stops you from being harmed or dying).

Shifu in novel knew....but whether shifu in drama knows? who knows....

In novel, she was kicked out for kicking ass (Ling Fei's) and was accused of conspiring with demons (false accusations), so Shifu kicked her out (not so much demons, more because her powers were starting to be noticeable, evidence by her whipping LF). He thought if she wasn't in the sect, she wouldn't continue to cultivate and wouldn't attract notice of the ultimate bad dude (her Shifu's Shifu).

Neidan is your core (if you've watched The Untamed, that's a great explanation) from which you derive your....well, everything. So in the novel, the ultimate bad dude is stealing fox demon neidans to cultivate to next level (so if you've watched DouLuo Continent, the cultivators go around killing different levels of monsters to increase their cultivation level).

Thanks for the Explanation 🙂 I've watched both the untamed and duly continent. 

Erin:

^^ for the neidan and heart scale, what jag said.

As for Ling Xiao (Yan Hui's master), he knew Yan Hui held the neidan and heart protection scale because he was the one who put them in her body to both save her life and prevent his master from getting them. He encountered Yan Hui 10-ish years later by accident with Zi Chen trying to stop a demon and due to the neidan in her body Yan Hui ended up throwing some fireballs. He took her with him to Chen Xing Mountain hoping if she cultivates the xian pathway it'll give her a xian aura which would mask the demon aura the neidan gives off.

We don't actually know if he kicked her out because her display against Ling Fei put her at risk of being noticed by his master at that point? It might also be because his master was getting more active, because with each period of using neidans for cultivation he has to go into seclusion to process the neidans, so if he was coming out of seclusion then the danger to Yan Hui would shoot up exponentially.