Sirry Usly:

Chp. 26

XL and XY are underwater and she's going to go in for an air kiss but XL suddenly pulls away and laughs. She's embarrassed. XL tells her he didn't let her swim up not because he wanted her to kiss him but because he wanted her to discover her new abilities. She can now breathe and talk underwater. XL keeps laughing at her. She turned to swim away in embarrassment but then XL stops laughing.  

It's really cute. I kind of wish he kissed her. But oh well. Lots of medicine kisses though. 

Yeah,  too bad there's no kisses when both of them are actually conscious.. haha. I saw on the trailer XL avoiding that kiss underwater.

I wonder if they would include those medicine kisses in the drama.

Sirry Usly:

At chp. 37 the voodoo king tells Jing and XY about the lover's bug:

"The Lover's Bug -- either live in love or die in heartbreak. Once the Lover's Bug has been planted there is no way to break the spell. It is impossible. This is what I was trying to say earlier about why so few people raise it despite the great benefit. Only very determined girls would raise the bug but even if they successfully raise it, it's near impossible to find a man willing to accept the other bug to be planted in him." 

Except Xiang Liu.

chase_kayden:

Thanks, dear. Yeah, it helps.

And why did XY want the bug removed if, in your excerpt of Ch. 37, it's impossible to remove it?

Because Jing. In the passage right after the one I took she’s trying to comfort herself and him that the bug is removable and not a big deal. Which isn’t true. She also ask XL to remove and he says he can’t and she doesn’t believe him. 

Also, anyone, feel free to correct me or paste the part I’m talking about.

chase_kayden:

Yeah,  too bad there's no kisses when both of them are actually conscious.. haha. I saw on the trailer XL avoiding that kiss underwater.

I wonder if they would include those medicine kisses in the drama.

Ikr! 😩 I hope they do but idk. I was hoping I forgot a kiss scene but I really don’t think I did. I’ll try checking again but I’m pretty sure it’s only the medical/blood transfusion ones. 

Also, the scene where XL removes her poison after the whole Xuan thing is in the trailer as well. I didn’t realize it before but I think that’s the scene cause his heart looks like it’s stabbed out. 

Link: https://youtu.be/MnJ2JHkOnPE go to timestop 2:21. 

mparthur:

Except Xiang Liu.

XL is such a tragic character. Giving his life and heart to someone that can never truly be his that he can never truly be with 😭

Sirry Usly:

I added the stuff from the translated novel that refers to how XL was able to remove the bug. Hope this helps. 

OMG... thank you for sharing this ... it gave me goosebumbs.. and once more it enforced my believes this drama is about XL loosing XY forever... she will end up with someone else, not because Jung is the true love, but because XL painfully allows XY to be with someone who might be a better "girlfriend material".. 

I have not invested in reading the novel, but I will soon, but I was reading some sections from the Epilogue and it is my understanding  that is a XL POV from his last letter /message to XY, is it correct?

an Epilogue , in literature, is normally a statement of the whole book, like the final say which normally summarise the reason for the book to exist, isn't it?  please correct me if I am saying something wrong as I am not a writer myself... 

so from the Epilogue, i gather this love story is about XL losing XY.... 

lux73:

OMG... thank you for sharing this ... it gave me goosebumbs.. and once more it enforced my believes this drama is about XL loosing XY forever... she will end up with someone else, not because Jung is the true love, but because XL painfully allows XY to be with someone who might be a better "girlfriend material".. 

I have not invested in reading the novel, but I will soon, but I was reading some sections from the Epilogue and it is my understanding  that is a XL POV from his last letter /message to XY, is it correct?

an Epilogue , in literature, is normally a statement of the whole book, like the final say which normally summarise the reason for the book to exist, isn't it?  please correct me if I am saying something wrong as I am not a writer myself... 

No, the epilogue is the final battle and his final thoughts before dying. Here’s an excerpt: 

[Remembering our first meeting in Qing Shui Town, you were all shits and giggles, a mouth full of made up crap. 

But the only thing you said that was true was: I have no ability to take care of myself, no one to rely on, and nowhere to go.

After over tens years of teaching you archery, you now have the ability to take care of yourself.

You don't need to use your own body to protect someone you treasure when danger is around. The right man for you, you now have someone to rely on, you don't have to be all alone anymore with solitude as your companion. 

The sky is vast and oceans deep, you now have a place to go and don't need to be chased by people and be without a place to call home.

Xiang Liu thought to himself: Xiao Yao, from now on I can no longer stand watch to protect over you, you have to take good care of yourself, wishing you a lifetime of worry free happiness.]

lux73:

As for the whole lost you forever thing, I forgot where but I think TH the author and script writer gave an interview explaining the meaning. It’s called lost you forever because on Xuan’s journey to power, which he in part started to be able to protect XY, he lost her. 

Anyone feel free to correct me or add context :) 

This epilogue made me feel like Xiang Liu was the only one who loved her selflessly. His main concerns weren’t about other men being with her or his spot in her heart, but about her being loved and being able to protect herself. Two things he knew she wanted and needed. 

Xiang is very complex and he doesn’t always do things the way I wish he could but his heart is/was in the right place. And maybe that’s enough. 

Sirry Usly:
As for the whole lost you forever thing, I forgot where but I think TH the author and script writer gave an interview explaining the meaning. It’s called lost you forever because on Xuan’s journey to power, which he in part started to be able to protect XY, he lost her.

Anyone feel free to correct me or add context :) 

thank you Sirry for mentioning this interview, would you know where i can find this interview? well, of course if the author has explained th e real meaning of the tile...  well,  I could have as many interpretations as i wished for .. but the truth will be that. of the author...           owww I was perhaps a bit too romantic ... and the fact I have a crush on XL might not help me in being objective 😁😁😁❤️😍

XL's final goodbye to XY is so sad as he knows he will die in the battle.   

Sirry Usly:

Because Jing. In the passage right after the one I took she’s trying to comfort herself and him that the bug is removable and not a big deal. Which isn’t true. She also ask XL to remove and he says he can’t and she doesn’t believe him. 

Also, anyone, feel free to correct me or paste the part I’m talking about.

So Jing is jealous about the true meaning of the bug? Thus, XY asks XL to remove it.

Sirry Usly:

Ikr! 😩 I hope they do but idk. I was hoping I forgot a kiss scene but I really don’t think I did. I’ll try checking again but I’m pretty sure it’s only the medical/blood transfusion ones. 

Also, the scene where XL removes her poison after the whole Xuan thing is in the trailer as well. I didn’t realize it before but I think that’s the scene cause his heart looks like it’s stabbed out. 

Link: https://youtu.be/MnJ2JHkOnPE go to timestop 2:21. 

Even tho XY and XL don't share that many intimate/physical scenes, their strong chemistry is making up for it. And that for me is big enough. That's what chemistry is all about after all. Just with simple gestures and stares, you can feel so many things.

The link isn't working in my region but I think I know what scene you are referring to. When they were in the clamshell. And I guess that's also the one where his nine heads showed up surrounding them.

chase_kayden:

Even tho XY and XL don't share that many intimate/physical scenes, their strong chemistry is making up for it. And that for me is big enough. That's what chemistry is all about after all. Just with simple gestures and stares, you can feel so many things.

The link isn't working in my region but I think I know what scene you are referring to. When they were in the clamshell. And I guess that's also the one where his nine heads showed up surrounding them.

Yes! That's the scene I'm talking about. 

And yes, I agree. The chemistry is nice. 

There are 3 volumes for the book. Each book volume has a title that refers to one of the ML

Love You Forever, Lost You Forever, Miss You Forever (if i remember correctly) Lost You Forever is used for english title as it also can represent CX and XL