You’re doing the Lord’s work! Many thanks again:3

Hmmm, about the fandom name, I’m not familiar with the Barley name. His fans are called 小炭火 xiao tan huo (little charcoal fire), and the term was chosen by him with the help of some lucky fans:) 

Here’s the video that explains it:

https://twitter.com/madamadachan/status/1701498652944908717

I like the XTH name, it’s cute and the meaning is even more endearing. It means keeping each other warm ❤️

Lol I don’t have a better name. Maybe Tanners? Hahaha because we’ve been doing a lot of Tanning lately :D 

The Tanning term is actually something I created lol even his fan account on Instagram started using my Tanning heheh

Thank you, @nathsketch, for that valuable addition to the puzzle ! ❤️

Frost_edelweiss:

Thank you, @nathsketch, for that valuable addition to the puzzle ! ❤️

You’re welcome! ❤️

Oh, another thing. That page where he’s listed as being an ESFP. Hmmm, I’m not so sure.

He’s known to be an introvert, more specifically a INFJ (Introverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging). 

Here’s a very funny video of him taking the MTBI test: https://youtu.be/XWOmUGPReNA?si=Ayuq-kb9CiczI0Ln%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B

So cute, I can’t with those videos :3

Megumi-H:

Thanks for the detailed sharing and recommendation about Beijing and Shanghai.
Yes, I know about the Soong sisters’ story. I love Maggie Cheung’s portrayal as Song QingLing, she definitely did a great job and deserved the award.
Will definitely be visiting the Great Wall if weather allows and also Tian AnMen Square, as well as the Forbidden City Museum. Actually I am a great fan of China history, so going to the famous museum is my top first priority.
Have yet to plan my Shanghai’s itinerary, your recommendation looks fantastic, will check it out.

I saw the two YouTube clips on TJC’s visit to Master Bian Jiang, he took up the challenge set up to do some impromptu voice acting, impressive! He is definitely a versatile artist in this industry, gone through some hardship but always appear humble.

So cool! I also like these artists. I will try to find the chords of their songs on UkuleleTabs and play them on the ukulele, I think it will be a great way to cover my idols

nathsketch:

Oh, another thing. That page where he’s listed as being an ESFP. Hmmm, I’m not so sure.

He’s known to be an introvert, more specifically a INFJ (Introverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging). 

Here’s a very funny video of him taking the MTBI test: https://youtu.be/XWOmUGPReNA?si=Ayuq-kb9CiczI0Ln%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B

So cute, I can’t with those videos :3

Yep, I've tweaked it in, with my take on it, which should agree with most.  MTBI verdicts... Chen Zheyuan reflected that he'd got two different results at different occasions, although both cast him as some I.

As for the "Barley" thing, I thought it might have to do with his Horse zodiac, horses being supposedly fond of eating barley grass (although "too much can be life threatening for them"!!)  Perhaps it was a name coined by another fandom group, maybe the one that seems to have muted since 2020-2021 on YT. Perhaps I am weaving another strand to the lore, like you did with the "Tanning", lol!

Frost_edelweiss:

Yep, I've tweaked it in, with my take on it, which should agree with most.  MTBI verdicts... Chen Zheyuan reflected that he'd got two different results at different occasions, although both cast him as some I.

As for the "Barley" thing, I thought it might have to do with his Horse zodiac, horses being supposedly fond of eating barley grass (although "too much can be life threatening for them"!!)  Perhaps it was a name coined by another fandom group, maybe the one that seems to have muted since 2020-2021 on YT. Perhaps I am weaving another strand to the lore, like you did with the "Tanning", lol!

Just a sharing from professional stand point, Myers-Briggs test (MBTI) is an overrated and over use, pop personality test and questionable in its validity and realizability,. It’s very low in accuracy at the point when out someone take the test especially at certain developmental stage of their lives, the fluctuation will be more obvious. So it’s fun to know but not truly accurate. 

As TJC ever mentioned in one of his interview, despite being tested as INFJ, he is now more social-able and extrovert as his role as an actor and public figure required him to. Technically MBTI is not the most accurate test to determine one’s personality as at different phase of our lives, we may exhibit certain changes to our personality traits due to circumstances. 

Just take it as a pinch of salt.;)

Frost_edelweiss:
As for the "Barley" thing, I thought it might have to do with his Horse zodiac, horses being supposedly fond of eating barley grass (although "too much can be life threatening for them"!!)

Ahhh that makes sense!! I didn't know this! We learn something new every day :)

Hi, sorry if I missed it, but what's the title of the song that Fei Shao and Wangke sang in episode 30? Thanks!

indomiekimchi:

Hi, sorry if I missed it, but what's the title of the song that Fei Shao and Wangke sang in episode 30? Thanks!

I think you mean Stealing Coolness Record,  at the Qiandao Lake, ep30 ?   It is  #15 in section3, annotated OST above. I just went back to add some pictures and the names of the characters who took part in the outing. Click on links to listen and to read about the lake.

Wishing you good cheer in the festive end-of-year season gearing up to change from Rabbit to Year of the Dragon on Feb10, 2024.

Frost_edelweiss:

I think you mean Stealing Coolness Record,  at the Qiandao Lake, ep30 ?   It is  #15 in section3, annotated OST above. I just went back to add some pictures and the names of the characters who took part in the outing. Click on links to listen and to read about the lake.

Wishing you good cheer in the festive end-of-year season gearing up to change from Rabbit to Year of the Dragon on Feb10, 2024.

Thanks a bunch for clarifying!  Your annotations are super helpful.

Love this very informative topic and have quoted a couple times in the comments, like today in this comment.

https://mydramalist.com/702917-really-miss-you#comment-15714411

As you can see in that thread, I was referring to this part of your post, and came up with this song, but I think there's some conflation here.  "Golden Age" is not Return with You.  It's Realm of Prosperity.  You can hear them recording bit of it before QQC arrives, and then he records the narration.  After that, he and Sheng Shengman get roped into recording another song, and that on is the duet (not the 6 singer song) Return With You.

Frost_edelweiss:
4* "Return with You" 《与君归》 , sung by Tan Jianci 檀健次 with Bu Cai 不才; + alternatively, by Tan Jianci with Le Xiaotao

composer : HuoHuo (火火) ; lyrics : Huang Shifu (黄诗扶)

Mentioned as "Golden Age" in the drama ep.2, 39:50 when Qiang Qingci's and his friends decide to sing it for a performance by 6 singers and 1 narrator together with Sheng Shengman instead of Ling Long. Later, they start recording parts, in ep.4, from 28:00 ; Qiang + Sheng singing the song together in ep5 from 02:05 and 4:15. (Next, Mo Qingcheng takes Sheng out to have a Bamboo shoot soup - recipe at 21:10) --- In ep.17, 26:15, Sheng Shengman arrives in costume, to perform on stage in Guilin, while the opening of the 10 years event plays her recorded duo with Qian Qingci.

Our question was ... do you know if Realm of Prosperity is actually played in it's entirety in the drama?  If so, where?  You posted some info on it (song #13), but not where it appeared in the drama.

Found it!  Realm of Prosperity was performed at the 2nd concert, the Traditional Music Concert.  The one where QQC retired.

Frost_edelweiss:
As for the "Barley" thing, I thought it might have to do with his Horse zodiac, horses being supposedly fond of eating barley grass (although "too much can be life threatening for them"!!) Perhaps it was a name coined by another fandom group, maybe the one that seems to have muted since 2020-2021 on YT. Perhaps I am weaving another strand to the lore, like you did with the "Tanning", lol!

Asked a long time Tan Jian Ci fan, and it turns out that the Barley name for fans is from the M.I.C. days.  It was a fan name for the entire group and after the group disbanded, Tan Jian Ci's fans continued to use the name, until they and Tan Jian Ci came up with XTH for his own fans.