You are absolutely right. He portrays a high-functioning autistic individual.  So far, he is a good job.

acanelo21:

You are absolutely right. He portrays a high-functioning autistic individual.  So far, he is a good job.

*half crying half laughing*  

I think you've  articulated what most of us noticed pretty well. I often rewatched all his scenes just because he does n says so many things in just a few minutes ,its really amazing how well the character is portrayed. I like the ambiguity that surrounds him, i think that's the charm of this drama,  he keeps me hooked onto the screen coz you can never guess what will happen next.

Damn how did I not notice this

jenniesberet5234:

I don't  think so. He is the way he is because he grew up sheltered with no friends or family to take care of. He didn't have enough human interaction and so he grew up to living in his own world all alone. So he might come off different to other people. But I think he is pretty normal considering the way he grew up and the way he saw the world and the people in it. He is someone who is definitely observant, smart, considerate, calm and composed, knows his limits, strong minded, strong morals and he knows how to take care of people he cares. He is a very strong individual both physically and mentally. His personality and mental state are all fine. He only need to learn more about interacting with people, to have someone he can lean on and trust and to not be alone or lonely. He have to learn to love himself, to feel the warmth of love and feelings like home and family. Mijoo herself said he is a mentally strong person. 

I agree with you. People are assuming it may be a type of disorder and while that may be true, they also need to remember that he grew up by himself which would explain why he is always in his own world. If you don't have a lot of experiences growing up it would be hard to read the room.

Yea I also think we should not assume he has ADD, that is possibility tho. He might be like that because of his upbringing. 

jenniesberet5234:

I don't  think so. He is the way he is because he grew up sheltered with no friends or family to take care of. He didn't have enough human interaction and so he grew up to living in his own world all alone. So he might come off different to other people. But I think he is pretty normal considering the way he grew up and the way he saw the world and the people in it. He is someone who is definitely observant, smart, considerate, calm and composed, knows his limits, strong minded, strong morals and he knows how to take care of people he cares. He is a very strong individual both physically and mentally. His personality and mental state are all fine. He only need to learn more about interacting with people, to have someone he can lean on and trust and to not be alone or lonely. He have to learn to love himself, to feel the warmth of love and feelings like home and family. Mijoo herself said he is a mentally strong person. 

I agr. That's what I have observed about KSG. 

jenniesberet5234:

We have the same thoughts. It's how he grew

jenniesberet5234:

We have the Same thoughts 

nahhh definitely not someone on the spectrum. I think he was a sheltered kid and also his whole life was controlled by his father and he was neglected by his mother. He's unique and particular, which I find refreshing

I agree about everything!

I actually wonder what's the reason they decided not stating it? Cause they did decide to do this kind of character, so why not say it? It's a big step in my opinion for Kdramas. Even saying it in a "by the way" kind of way, it stills normalize it in my opinion, more than to let us wonder and think that maybe they decided to stay quite for not making anyone upset.

Sapir:

I actually wonder what's the reason they decided not stating it? Cause they did decide to do this kind of character, so why not say it? It's a big step in my opinion for Kdramas. Even saying it in a "by the way" kind of way, it stills normalize it in my opinion, more than to let us wonder and think that maybe they decided to stay quite for not making anyone upset.

Coz probably it's not a mental illness for him and just his fragile attitude towards Life.

I have seen many people like that...and it may be possible that they are mentally unstable but it's not definite that it's a mental Illness

It can be a kind of behaviour. It sucks to know that people like to assume things about others without really knowing it deeply.

Hurixa:

Coz probably it's not a mental illness for him and just his fragile attitude towards Life.

I have seen many people like that...and it may be possible that they are mentally unstable but it's not definite that it's a mental Illness

It can be a kind of behaviour. It sucks to know that people like to assume things about others without really knowing it deeply.

Yes especially since it has been stated that he grew up by himself with probably no basic human contact so he will obviously not be able to read the room and act aloof

Hurixa:

Are you talking about people on the spectrum or people having a mental illness? Bcz the way you worded it sounds like you are referring to the former using the latter, and they're not the same even though both are stigmatized by society. 

Lia0215:

Yes especially since it has been stated that he grew up by himself with probably no basic human contact so he will obviously not be able to read the room and act aloof

Yeah and that's not a mental illness. It's the way he grew up and he turned out like that coz of his surroundings

Aishwarya Nazre:

Are you talking about people on the spectrum or people having a mental illness? Bcz the way you worded it sounds like you are referring to the former using the latter, and they're not the same even though both are stigmatized by society. 

I made sure to include correct words.

Summary: Not everyone behaving like the way Seon Gyeom behaves got mental illness