I am really disappointed. Its really slow and doesn't offer much excitement. Honestly I saw the hype around Kim Eun Sook but I've personally not liked any of her scripts so I guess I shouldn't be mad. 

The mystery about the bad guy isn't handled well because we already have the answers and characters in the show are trying to figure it out.  The time travel thing is still a mystery but its handled really badly, confusing without any proper attention on it. Don't like the romance, especially the FL was super annoying in the beginning and her 180 degree reversal is also cringey. Eh well, lets just lower our expectations about it.

Wo Do Whan is doing a great job though, he's my favourite part of the drama.

Hanzi:

What about "beautiful love, wonderful life". Personally I loved it considering the length of the drama but it's more of a romantic genre but still, it can be tagged as a family one and it was good. And I loved the bromance. And the relationship between son in law and his father was good. And I was able to hate and love the characters at the same time (this was new for me) I hated the characters for some of their decisions yet sympathized with them for those decisions.

Thanks I will check it out ! Yes that is great when a character is just not good or bad. The bromance and the relationship between son in law and his father are intriguing me...

Sunset:

I've only completed 3 daily dramas so I don't know about recommending daily dramas... The Promise has an identity swap (spoiler?) you might like watching that. It's available on Youtube too. I hardly see any makjang k-dramas nowadays the last few I watched last year (excluding dailies) were The Last Empress, SKY Castle & Golden Garden. TLE is also about false identity - when Na Wang Sik became Chun Woo Bin as a palace bodyguard.

isn't that the point of makjangs though? LOL

no, they are 2 different dramas. Fatal Promise is just average for me... not that great but not that bad either. 

True Lmao but I just hate when vilains are using too much evil tricks especially in one go, thanks for your reply !  I will try it you got me curious 

This drama is shit and it literally breaking my heart. This is going only because of the acting of the actors, especially LMH and WDH, their acting is on the point. But everything else in the drama is definitely not  appreciatable.

There's nothing good left about the show anymore as if there was anything, to begin with. Only actors and their acting nothing else.

It has felt disjointed and the plot not as tight as it could be.  Yes, there is a lack of chemistry between our main leads.  Episode 11 wasn't too bad, except I cringed when Gon told his men to protect the future queen of Corea at all costs. lol!  I'm so glad she isn't any type of Mary Jane.  I barely saw Woo Do Hwan in this episode and I really missed him.

ivybis:

It has felt disjointed and the plot not as tight as it could be.  Yes, there is a lack of chemistry between our main leads.  Episode 11 wasn't too bad, except I cringed when Gon told his men to protect the future queen of Corea at all costs. lol!  I'm so glad she isn't any type of Mary Jane.  I barely saw Woo Do Hwan in this episode and I really missed him.

Yup the only good thing about the show was left out for a whole episode (WDH) and they had the screentime for those crappy advertisements yet not enough screen time for him. But I 'll be honest I loved the ending scene maybe not the dialogue but LMH did magic. And Hwasa always does magic at the end of almost every episode. But this time LMH stole my heart, again not with the dialogue but with his acting, and by this point I don't even find their romance creepy as I am not interested in them anymore.

On a different note, This is the worst show written by the writer so far in her career and I personally love her but this show is an exception.

someone else wrote a comment about Rugal but what they said is exactly how I feel about this drama: 

Disappointment of the year. I'll make sure to stay away from this director and screenwriter. They messed up something that could have been epic. 

Sunset:

someone else wrote a comment about Rugal but what they said is exactly how I feel about this drama: 

Disappointment of the year. I'll make sure to stay away from this director and screenwriter. They messed up something that could have been epic. 

Feel the same for this. Felt the same for the Rugal.

Trust me everyone would have dropped the show if not for the actors and this show wouldn't have gained this much popularity if not for the fan base of the writer and the actors.

Hanzi:

Trust me everyone would have dropped the show if not for the actors and this show wouldn't have gained this much popularity if not for the fan base of the writer and the actors.

totally agree

And now the writer's resorting to killing spree! ugh! This is sad. After his uncle, who's next? Yaiks! Probably to have a dramatic ending, kill some of the most loved characters. tsk tsk

I'm not dissapointed because of high expectation. I don't have high expectation. I just kind of dislike this drama but I'm watching it for the parallel world theme. I agree that it's too cheesy for me, I like the more natural kind of romance which usually found in our daily lives. I don't like the main characters maybe because I prefer underdog kind of characters rather than a king.

Only the first episode was good. It went downhill FAST from there.

And at this point I ship Lee Gon with Jo Yeong. That would've been a better drama.

I see why are people disappointed. It is not because the story isn't interesting at all. It is because they are only focus on main casts. They are looking individual cast and not as whole. So, get disappointed by not getting what you expect from each cast.

Therefore, I hope you all look casts and story as whole. Then, you might start to like unless it isn't your taste. That's my opinions because there are stories that I can't understand why others like although I understand the story well. From that point on, I see that people can have totally difference taste from you. It is obvious but people sometime forget about that or can't see it.

e.g. These are low rating for me:

parasite, Kill me Heal me, Architecture 101