Baek In Ho:

I think calling them timelines Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta would be more coherent to physics :)

Also, why do people say since 2020 LR was killed by 1994 LR, 1994 LR can never live past 2020 so he'll always be in a time loop. I don't get that reasoning.

Because, once 1994 LR reaches that point in 2020. He will also have the realization he would need to go back to convince himself to kill baby LG. Where he will die again due to arrogance, and rinse and repeat.

But as I explained above, it's all shifted to a different timeline now, so LR will not die in this timeline Beta. 

Pranksalot:

I think the bigger confusion is why killing future LR isn’t making a bigger splash? Why is every event still happening but earlier? 1994 LR should be doing somewhat different things instead of following the same playbook because from his reactions, it seemed like he regretted killing his future self immediately. 

I don’t understand why future LR didn’t just kill 1994 Lg instead of depending on his past self? If I was him I would kill 1994 lg and get the flute and then passed it on to 1994 Lr 

i would do a bit differently. if i was 2020 LR, i would:

1. kill 1994 LG

2. get the flute

3. kill 1994 LR (his young power-hungry self), just the way he killed his Korea self.

why would 2020 LR risk having two versions of himself if he really wanted to be supreme being, i.e. God?

Baek In Ho:

i don't get this part. that's not what happened in ep. 15 though? he finally get reunited with TE at the hospital in Korea, and then he went back to Corea where he spoke to Lady Noh to let him go once again (also heard the news about his cousin, Sejin who he wanted to place in the throne as his replacement but died in USA). 

That’s afterwards. He couldn’t time travel directly to the future. He waited in the vacuum space until it matched the timeline he wanted to be in which was 2020. Then he just traveled like normal between two worlds. 

Sabin Bir Bajracharya:

So my question is what happened before Alpha timeline?  Because in  1994  Alpha timeline LG came to save himself.

Yeah, I get your question. Your asking if alpha LG saves baby LG from beta timeline, who saves alpha baby LG? 

Like I said, just gotta ignore those plot holes. I mean I can come up with some BS prologue story, showing another LG from another timeline, trying to stop his uncle and blah blah blah to explain, but if you just ignore that fact of where that LG came from, it's much simpler.

Baek In Ho:

i would do a bit differently. if i was 2020 LR, i would:

1. kill 1994 LG

2. get the flute

3. kill 1994 LR (his young power-hungry self), just the way he killed his Korea self.

why would 2020 LR risk having two versions of himself if he really wanted to be supreme being, i.e. God?

LOL killing 1994 Lr would be directly killing him self. But hey why not? You right haha He’s dumb as bricks anyways haha 

Sabin Bir Bajracharya:

So my question is what happened before Alpha timeline?  Because in  1994  Alpha timeline LG came to save himself.

This. OMG this show drives me crazy for literally keeping the timeline before 1994 in mute WTF. i think we do need to assume that 1994 LG was dead (say there was a timeline Delta before timeline Alpha). but then question arises as to how did LG get the 'reincarnation', if that makes sense?

Pranksalot:

I think the bigger confusion is why killing future LR isn’t making a bigger splash? Why is every event still happening but earlier? 1994 LR should be doing somewhat different things instead of following the same playbook because from his reactions, it seemed like he regretted killing his future self immediately. 

I don’t understand why future LR didn’t just kill 1994 Lg directly instead of depending on his past self? If I was him I would kill 1994 lg and get the flute and then passed it on to 1994 Lr 

TBH, we can't blame KTEM too much for this. This isn't the first story to ignore this. I've seen other time travel show where killing the future self has no ramifications. 

It's just one of those things that is hard to explain, but people do it anyway, because coolness factor. But let's assume that killing your future self does mean your life cannot go past a certain point. The show wrote an exit plan. Like TE tells LG, everything happens earlier, she fell in love earlier, she went to Corea earlier. 

So assume that LG and LR went back to first time to 1994 in Dec 15, 2020. Because everything happens earlier like TE said, they did all that by Dec 1, 2020, where LR is still alive.

Does this make sense?

Yeah LG is dumbest villain ever, instead of killing LG himself, he ask his past self to do it. It was pure stupidity.

Baek In Ho:

i don't get this part. that's not what happened in ep. 15 though? he finally get reunited with TE at the hospital in Korea, and then he went back to Corea where he spoke to Lady Noh to let him go once again (also heard the news about his cousin, Sejin who he wanted to place in the throne as his replacement but died in USA). 

Which part exactly is confusing.

When the timelines were parallel, and we had pretty much caught up time wise, LG was able to hop on over to the Alpha timeline and see TE in the hospital. He's basically back to the main timeline. It has nothing to do with the parallel worlds.

He's leaving again to make sure LR never harms anyone.

Pranksalot:

LOL killing 1994 Lr would be directly killing him self. But hey why not? You right haha He’s dumb as bricks anyways haha 

i'm sorry i think i am still lost :(

why would LR be 'killing himself directly' if the alpha and beta versions of himself are two separate beings?

Baek In Ho:

This. OMG this show drives me crazy for literally keeping the timeline before 1994 in mute WTF. i think we do need to assume that 1994 LG was dead (say there was a timeline Delta before timeline Alpha). but then question arises as to how did LG get the 'reincarnation', if that makes sense?

It’s a huge plot hole that we all have to ignore. We can explain it as a never-ending loop. We have no idea how many times he actually time-traveled. 

“But let's assume that killing your future self does mean your life cannot go past a certain point. The show wrote an exit plan. Like TE tells LG, everything happens earlier, she fell in love earlier, she went to Corea earlier.

So assume that LG and LR went back to first time to 1994 in Dec 15, 2020. Because everything happens earlier like TE said, they did all that by Dec 1, 2020, where LR is still alive.

Does this make sense?“

—okay I see where you’re going with this ! 

Kimsamsoom:

Which part exactly is confusing.

When the timelines were parallel, and we had pretty much caught up time wise, LG was able to hop on over to the Alpha timeline and see TE in the hospital. He's basically back to the main timeline. It has nothing to do with the parallel worlds.

He's leaving again to make sure LR never harms anyone.

ouh thanks, i get it now. i actually got the sequence of events mixed up. there was a lot of confusing things in ep. 15 i was really about to lose my mind last night :)

Pranksalot:

It’s a huge plot hole that we all have to ignore. We can explain it as a never-ending loop. We have no idea how many times he actually time-traveled. 

thank you, LOL. i am glad you explained this in relative to other time travel shows which also never explains the beginning. keeps it more in perspective :)

Baek In Ho:

i'm sorry i think i am still lost :(

why would LR be 'killing himself directly' if the alpha and beta versions of himself are two separate beings?

It's like back in the future. Being in Alpha, beta, and charlie timelines, are all still basically the same timeline. Just different future tangent. 

So Imagine that Alpha, beta, and charlie are all straight lines. So as things in the past changes, the timeline shifts into the beta timeline, and more things change, then it goes down to the Charlie timeline. It's all a matter of knowing of where the timelines diverge.

Another example is the parallel worlds of Corea and Korea. Eventhough these are two worlds, they started diverging after the Korean war. And also, eventhough they are parallel world, they are obviously connected. As evidenced by the scar you get when your counterpart is dead.

But parallel worlds are different from timelines. The only similarities they have are their parallelisms.

Pranksalot:

“But let's assume that killing your future self does mean your life cannot go past a certain point. The show wrote an exit plan. Like TE tells LG, everything happens earlier, she fell in love earlier, she went to Corea earlier.

Does this make sense?“

—okay I see where you’re going with this ! 

Yeah, the show does a poor poor job of explaining anything. 

It's really KES worst show to date. And better actors/actresses cannot save this.

I'm still peeved about PM arc, i'm super super angry. And I feel so bad for PM mom. She was the SWEETEST mom in all of KTEM.

And I hated SJ ending. 

Sj: So yeah TE, I always loved you

TE: yeah yeah, just give me the flute noobie.