moonchild:

I guess I'm the only one marking/copying each chapter online and pasting it in a .doc file that I convert into a pdf/epub then. 

Some translators offer an epub/pdf for download of their translated chapters though, which I consider a blessing. :D

I do it too. Since the pdf I can create then corresponds better to what I want. 

It's time consuming, but I do it, since when I like a book, I reread it more than once.

But there are also cases when the copying is disabled on certain sites. In that case, i'm doing what cqlismdzs mentioned. Some extensions allow you  'printscreen' a whole webpage and not just what you have on the screen. Basically you are creating a pdf of the whole chapter. I can't remember the name of the extension but if you are intetested, i'll send it to you.

I've tried a few times to turn them into epub but it  doesn't work well. I can't see why. I mean it's converting but then then text isn't displaying nicely. If I understood well, the font matters and probably some other parameters matter too. Just did't have time to check it out... And i can read pdf on the ereader...

CqlisMdzs:

Oh! It must be a very tiring process.  Is there no browser extension to automate it? I read the novels online so I don't know much about this but there are extensions that save webpages as images. You can look for a website to merge all the image files you get into one single file and then convert it to pdf/epub.

If there is I haven't seen it yet. I mean technically speaking I could save the whole webpage as pdf but that would include sidebars etc and make reading pretty much uncomfortable. 

Reading online would be a solution but I often read while traveling and there's not always a good/stable wi-fi connection available. 

SuibianX:
It's time consuming, but I do it, since when I like a book, I reread it more than once.

True, I want to keep the files and have them available for a re-read. That's why I don't trust online sources because they might be gone later. 

SuibianX:
Basically you are creating a pdf of the whole chapter. I can't remember the name of the extension but if you are intetested, i'll send it to you.

I have a screenshot program but I'm not sure if it can save whole webpages so that would be appreciated very much. Thank you! 

I know what you mean. My epubs also act up sometimes and I don't know why. So with my favorite novels I have an epub and pdf file, just in case. :)

CqlisMdzs:
Yeah, you'll have that problem if you save entire webpages. But it feels pretty much like reading on the website so if you can ignore those things, it's a good option. I used to use this extension when I was learning Japanese characters

It's still a good option, thank you for the link! 

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 moonchild:

I guess I'm the only one marking/copying each chapter online and pasting it in a .doc file that I convert into a pdf/epub then. 

Some translators offer an epub/pdf for download of their translated chapters though, which I consider a blessing. :D

I used to do the same until I found this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webtoepub/akiljllkbielkidmammnifcnibaigelm

It is really good and saves so much time if you like epub, instead of having to copy each chapter and create a .doc file.

moonchild:

It's still a good option, thank you for the link! 

the extension I am personally using to capture a page (on google chrome) is called GoFullPage - Full page screen capture. 

Once you install it, it takes a couple of seconds to click and capture the whole webpage.

Thanks @Hessa and @SuibianX !