First Character Chart I made. I deposit it here so I can remove it from the main post.

The new chart is so detailed oml ;-; 

Def gonna keep this next to tomorrow's episodes, thank you so much!

I am wondering about what the Qi Families (Wu BaiQi's mothers family before marriage) dynamic was like. (I am guessing they were called Qi, I remember WBQ saying sth about taking his moms name)

WBQs mom (I would like to use a name but I have none) is the twin sister of Consort Duan.
Consort Duan is married to the Emperor while her sister (WBQs mom) is married to Zhang YaoCheng (Duke Xin Du). Her father does not let her go empty handed and gives along with the dowry the Feng LaiYi shop.  She ends up working herself sick, supporting the whole family while Duke XinDu who had promised to not remarry takes another wife (who bears a son) and hires her family as housemaids. WBQ grows bitter over how his father treats his mother and after her death, he cuts ties (pretty radical).

That makes me wonder, does her twin sister know about any of WBQs mothers struggles?

Consort Duan  and her son are very close with Duke Xin Du. When Duke Xin Du took in WBQ's relatives as housemaids, that means  they are also Consort Duans direct relatives (being twins and all).

The family of Wu Baiqi's mother is called the Wu family, not Qi~

Hmm...it's all speculation, but if the twin sister (Consort Duan) does know, what can she do? The Wu family being hired as housekeepers for the Xindu residence means they weren't powerful or had declined.

And since her own family can't help her, Consort Duan needs a powerful support - for her and her son, Prince Cheng, to grow stronger in the palace. From her POV, it would be counterproductive to go against or alienate Marquis Xindu. So I'm guessing probably that's why she's still friendly with him (if she does know about her sister's plight, of course).

rosana777:
The family of Wu Baiqi's mother is called the Wu family, not Qi~

Thank you<33

That makes  a lot of sense, thanks for filling in the blanks! Consort Duan does of course need someone on the outside to help her (and her son). She seems to have a very positive attitude towards WBQ, even after his fall out with his father. I guess she must know ... something? Hmmm. 

Before I didn't like Duke Xin Du but now I really can't sand him. His character took a suddenly turn for me. Doing shady business in politics is one thing, but also mistreating your family (maybe even killing your wife, who knows), that is just too much. Doing one of the things makes you an evil character, both, rotten.

Jen:
Before I didn't like Duke Xin Du but now I really can't sand him. His character took a suddenly turn for me. Doing shady business in politics is one thing, but also mistreating your family (maybe even killing your wife, who knows), that is just too much. Doing one of the things makes you an evil character, both, rotten.

Yeah....he really sucks. I had a hunch he probably had to do w/ WBQ's mother's death but seeing it just drives home how horrible he is. Exactly how Xu Ping has gotten scummier and scummier. I just can't believe he was willing to get an innocent girl r*ped in order to get 'revenge' on Prince Su, like... wtf?! Thankfully, Fu Rong intervened, but still!

rosana777:
Exactly how Xu Ping has gotten scummier and scummier.

So true! About Duke Xin Du, we get his character revealed bit by bit, learning what an awful scum he is but Xu Ping... It makes me really wonder. Is he just going nuts now and we see him sliding into madness or is he just this horrible a person lacking all empathy? Not only was he ready to have that poor woman raped  (who they didn't even let  in on the scheme and pay her, she was clearly unwilling!) but also he just instructs someone else to blow up a mountain (!) killing people! Dudeee

Is it a new thing to have the 2ML not only be the love rival to the ML but also be the antagonist of the story (flashback to Love and Redemption)? XD I am not mad, this way I surely wouldn't develop any unnecessary 2ML syndroms XD

Honestly, I don't even know anymore. He barely investigates anything, and wants to get revenge on a death that is most likely accidental?! I'd understand if he wants to get justice for his mother's death and reveal to the public what his brother the Emperor did (probably damaging his reputation), but he's just killing ppl left and right for no reason...

And idk lol, never watched that other drama. I do think 2nd MLs who are also villains can be interesting, I have a soft spot well-written villains lol, but that's just it - they have to be well-written. Xu Ping definitely isn't.

rosana777:
I have a soft spot well-written villains

Me, too, but it is so rare to come by!!1 I understand your disappointment in the 2ML now better. I never even expected anything from the evil of this show but you might be craving some good villain only to find out that the big evil of this series is just a guy with mother issues... I want back to 'Love and Remeption' haha One villain more cruel than the other and everyone has a billion layers to unravel... Ever since then I have been starving for some well writte villain UnU

rosana777:

Honestly, I don't even know anymore. He barely investigates anything, and wants to get revenge on a death that is most likely accidental?! I'd understand if he wants to get justice for his mother's death and reveal to the public what his brother the Emperor did (probably damaging his reputation), but he's just killing ppl left and right for no reason...

And idk lol, never watched that other drama. I do think 2nd MLs who are also villains can be interesting, I have a soft spot well-written villains lol, but that's just it - they have to be well-written. Xu Ping definitely isn't.

OMG! Exactly my thoughts... he was angry that his lackey used Nong nong but he didn't actively do anything to save her at all.  I think he also has misplaced anger with Xu Jin.  Poor guy grew up thrown by his dad at the frontier, making him think he's a jinx.  Whatever happened to the late Queen Dowager, who's Xu Ping's mom, he should have uncovered the truth but he has some twisted way of thinking after all.

I'm just a bit worried tho that we might end up having a bad ending with this one... i kinda got traumatized last time with some cdrama's horrible, stupid ending.

I´m really looking forward to how Xu Ping will develop but tbh, now to me he kind of lacks actual content - his actions and revenge miss actual evidence and plans, it looks like he sometimes just does actions in his anger, rather than from a plan

mishtique:
his actions and revenge miss actual evidence and plans, it looks like he sometimes just does actions in his anger, rather than from a plan

This is so true lmao. I think with the temple and mountain he bombed, he wanted to get his brother (and Xu Jin I think as well tbh) to remember the great injustice that was done to his mother... and come clean about it? But when neither of them remembered he became even angrier and is now full-on revenge.

The thing is tho....has he ever tried to approach Xu Jin about the matter? I'm trying to remember but I don't remember ever seeing them actually talking one-on-one. He's only ever asked the Emperor about it, so I don't really get why he has to include Xu Jin - who, as far as he knows, was a literal Child when his mother died. Xu Jin probably doesn't even know the fire he caused killed Xu Ping's mother! (if that's the case...I'm thinking maybe her death wasn't so accidental...)

rosana777:

This is so true lmao. I think with the temple and mountain he bombed, he wanted to get his brother (and Xu Jin I think as well tbh) to remember the great injustice that was done to his mother... and come clean about it? But when neither of them remembered he became even angrier and is now full-on revenge.

The thing is tho....has he ever tried to approach Xu Jin about the matter? I'm trying to remember but I don't remember ever seeing them actually talking one-on-one. He's only ever asked the Emperor about it, so I don't really get why he has to include Xu Jin - who, as far as he knows, was a literal Child when his mother died. Xu Jin probably doesn't even know the fire he caused killed Xu Ping's mother! (if that's the case...I'm thinking maybe her death wasn't so accidental...)

I mean whenever they meet there is a ridiculous amount of ~tension~ but you know how some kind of men get,,, they don't talk when it's actually important to talk

Really? I have to admit I don't remember any of that at all xD 

but can you explain, how blowing temples will help in bringing the truth out ? I mean how?