Definitely agree with NAMUJOON. The show seems to be handling it with sensitivity - so I'm very intrigued by their story. 

NAMUJOON:

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I tend to enjoy grey-area types of storylines, so the Vee/Dome dilemma is interesting to me. I really like how the show is handling the angst of liking someone but also knowing that it isn't possible. Also, maybe this is just me but I also feel like the show is handling it with relative sensitivity.... instead of actually having an affair and adding a ton of (unneeded) drama to the plot, they are dancing around each other in that grey area, and that adds to the anticipation for me. I'm really curious to see how they handle things moving forward.

You are never late, I will be using this discussion post to talk about this couple throughout the series, so more discussion will come. I believe the show is indeed doing what you said and also people can't help but want to throw caution to the wind and cure their curiosity, I am sure we have all wanted something we couldn't have. 

So I watched ep 6 and what it did was just give evidence to something I noticed this week when rewatching the last 2 episodes, Dome seems to be getting a pass, which in the beg vee didn't necessarily like him, and during the flirting moments it didn't work, you guys know vee's eye thing, until dome did it to vee and open pandora's box. As he was counting and smiled knowing vee had looked away and vee, was like I like this, but reality hit him and he stopped but Dome even in episode 6, he is persistent, and won't take no for an answer. Dome should be held accountable by the fans and I really like Dome but his character is upsetting because it's like he's forcing there to be something when it didn't have to be something.

NAMUJOON:

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I tend to enjoy grey-area types of storylines, so the Vee/Dome dilemma is interesting to me. I really like how the show is handling the angst of liking someone but also knowing that it isn't possible. Also, maybe this is just me but I also feel like the show is handling it with relative sensitivity.... instead of actually having an affair and adding a ton of (unneeded) drama to the plot, they are dancing around each other in that grey area, and that adds to the anticipation for me. I'm really curious to see how they handle things moving forward.

I agree that they are handling it well. I look at with open eyes. It sucks, but you can't control who you have feelings for. Judging by the preview they might be going in the smart way of handling things. Vee is just trying to do right by his sister and he is so conflicted it hurts to see it. 

Tacenda:

So I watched ep 6 and what it did was just give evidence to something I noticed this week when rewatching the last 2 episodes, Dome seems to be getting a pass, which in the beg vee didn't necessarily like him, and during the flirting moments it didn't work, you guys know vee's eye thing, until dome did it to vee and open pandora's box. As he was counting and smiled knowing vee had looked away and vee, was like I like this, but reality hit him and he stopped but Dome even in episode 6, he is persistent, and won't take no for an answer. Dome should be held accountable by the fans and I really like Dome but his character is upsetting because it's like he's forcing there to be something when it didn't have to be something.

Oh definitely. Vee done said this needs to stop, and was putting in boundaries to keep stuff from happening. But then Dome had to go and say his name (knowing full well that Vee would catch on), confess to him, and then take advantage of Vee being soft on him to try and kiss and him. Dome needs to be held accountable.

But i do think Vee liked him from the beginning, thus why he never talked to Dome until he joined the relay team and was really awkward from the beginning - but never ever anticipated it being reciprocated. And when he realized that it was reciprocated, and how far his feelings and actions were going he got shocked.

AthenaTheStorierX:
And when he realized that it was reciprocated, and how far his feelings and actions were going he got shocked.

So you got me because i seriously don't see the point where he could have possibly liked him first, Idk maybe it really was just he's dating my older sister, so what could we possibly have in common to have a friendship, and also vee never said he liked boys, but I got the impression that he did like girls since he only used the female pronouns when talking about lovers and how to flirt them and get them, if you can see from my pov why dome-like him first lol, I feel like a kid saying who said what first lol

Dome does need to be held accountable. He is placing so much on Vee's shoulders. Such as from the episode 7 preview where we see Dome telling vee that he is gonna break up with Par. Now the guilt is really gonna set in for Vee. 

LoveSojiSub51:

Dome does need to be held accountable. He is placing so much on Vee's shoulders. Such as from the episode 7 preview where we see Dome telling vee that he is gonna break up with Par. Now the guilt is really gonna set in for Vee. 

Def, this is what im talking about, let's do it this way, they are all in high school right, I don't know how those schools are run but from my American high school pov I can only think from that perception. We have vee starting his freshmen year in high school coming off of track accomplishments and doing well, and then you have Dome, settling in his life and getting ready to graduate since he is a senior, dating vee's sister. I am not saying age is an issue here, but the experience is and both lack a lot lol, surprisingly as you can see how vee is more let me just flirt and play around and the dome is like laid back and just goes with the flow, which is why he got into dating vee's sister in the first place. 

Tacenda:

So you got me because i seriously don't see the point where he could have possibly liked him first, Idk maybe it really was just he's dating my older sister, so what could we possibly have in common to have a friendship, and also vee never said he liked boys, but I got the impression that he did like girls since he only used the female pronouns when talking about lovers and how to flirt them and get them, if you can see from my pov why dome-like him first lol, I feel like a kid saying who said what first lol

I think that that's just how the translator translated them - because “he” and “she” are both เค้า /káo/. fean is also gender neutral for boyfriend/girlfriend. Only in specific sentences (usually directly addressing the person in question), or when using a word that means boy or girl, will it be made obvious whether they are talking about a girl or guy. I'm still learning, so I could be wrong - but in other series i noticed translators will use "she," and then we find out later that the character's gay and then spontaneously start using "he" - even if talking to people who don't know yet.

Edit: I think part of it may be assumption based on the norm, but sometimes it may be the translator using the pronoun that the people in the story are most likely to assume. But I personally feel like for the sake of international confusion and translation accuracy - using a first person "their" would be better. Especially in BLs, I would hope that us BL watchers are largely accepting of that first person "their" - and even outside of inclusion, we've always used a singular their to refer to a person we dont know the gender of.

AthenaTheStorierX:
I think that that's just how the translator translated them

I literally have to remember that each country is different in culture and language. 

Also, I think they're in college. When not in sports attire, they appear to be in a loosely-worn college uniform. And they are split up into faculties of study. 

Tacenda:

I literally have to remember that each country is different in culture and language. 

Lol, we've all been there.

AthenaTheStorierX:

Also, I think they're in college. When not in sports attire, they appear to be in college uniforms. And they are split up into faculties of study. 

see omg I didn't know how those things went, I forget about the school dynamic and their faculties and stuff lol

Tacenda:

I was trying to learn some of the basics and it was so hard to remember some of the terms. It's a beautiful language, but not so easy to learn. 

LoveSojiSub51:

I was trying to learn some of the basics and it was so hard to remember some of the terms. It's a beautiful language, but not so easy to learn. 

I am a fan of learning languages, been since high school, now you know we all have that one thing we may not like and so it doesn't appeal to us, well mine in languages was thai, now I now watch literally so many Thai bl's and horror films and sing their songs, one of my favorites being Aof pongsaks fairytale, check it out its beauty. When I got introduced to one of the shows regular show, I felt like they were yelling at me, I didn't like the way the language sounded so everything was displeasing to my ear if it was in thai, I don't know what changed but I am glad it did because it's my 3rd favorite.