Amy:

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to see how it plays out in the drama. The wait is killing me!

Same here! Now that I read the novel, I am picturing DD and RJ in their respective roles and cannot wait! I also want to see Shunde and her evilness and the grand masters omnipotence.. The drama is going to be a blockbuster if its as well portrayed as the novel..

HappyBE:

Same here! Now that I read the novel, I am picturing DD and RJ in their respective roles and cannot wait! I also want to see Shunde and her evilness and the grand masters omnipotence.. The drama is going to be a blockbuster if its as well portrayed as the novel..

I think if they dont mess it up by changing the story into something worse than the original, it should be fine. If they follow closely the novel, it's almost guaranteed to be good, because the story itself is good.

Amy:

I think if they dont mess it up by changing the story into something worse than the original, it should be fine. If they follow closely the novel, it's almost guaranteed to be good, because the story itself is good.

Yep! Fingers crossed :) 

The novel  doesn't have a tragic ending right?

HealerHanzi:

The novel  doesn't have a tragic ending right?

Happy ending

pinksprings01:

Happy ending

:) :) Off to read it now. 

Amy:

i hope so but based on the teaser i feel like they tweaked the characters and the setting. i really hope they keep the character profile TT. and apparently in the drama, when ji yunhe tames changyi, they were given freedom to roam around based on the latest teaser.

here's an english subbed vid

https://youtu.be/4AX69kK0NqA

bcs to me what made the novel so beautiful and heartbreaking is the loneliness and pain that ji yunhe experienced being a captive. it was mentioned numerous times that she never step foot outside of the demon valley bcs of her poison. and why she resonates  so much with changyi was bcs of how similar their situation is. he was imprisoned and tortured, something she's very familiar with. this was the main reason, in my opinion, she want to set him free, even risking her own life and freedom.

Ji Yunhe e Chang married?

lu daltrozo:

Ji Yunhe e Chang married?

Yes, they got married in the final arc

Amy:

Same thoughts! Their love is so strong for the other and any surface level hate is just love in disguise. It's a beautiful story, and compared to other xianxia dramas where the angst involves main characters actually betraying and hurting each other, this one always has hidden sweetness beneath the angst. That's why I think this story is not actually that sad. It constantly shows us how much the leads want to protect each other from beginning to the end.

I wish I could give love reaction to ur comment. You expressed it so beautiful in this part "hidden sweetness beneath the angst". This is what I like about this drama and the works of novelist "Jiu Lu Fei Xiang".

Amy:

Same thoughts! Their love is so strong for the other and any surface level hate is just love in disguise. It's a beautiful story, and compared to other xianxia dramas where the angst involves main characters actually betraying and hurting each other, this one always has hidden sweetness beneath the angst. That's why I think this story is not actually that sad. It constantly shows us how much the leads want to protect each other from beginning to the end.

totally agree!

yun he and chang yi have childrens?

lu daltrozo:

yun he and chang yi have childrens?

Not sure if I remembered correctly, but the novel didn't show them having children.

I couldn't wait for the subs so I read the whole novel in 2 days and totally fell in love with the story and the main leads in the novel. Waiting for subs is really hard. I do really like the casting of Lin Hao Qing, he really brings the character to life so far in the first 10 episodes. I can only understand 30-40% of the basic Chinese. It's harder for me to understand ancient cdrama Chinese compared to modern Cdramas. 

guys what happend to xue san yue and li shu? they end together?