American Fan:
Perth shares stories about his first role in a BL series,  as Ram in My Engineer, plus much more.

Thanks, watching it now. Perth Nakhun's videos are invariably interesting.

American Fan:
I don't remember the ending details

To be clear, my asterisked comment ("except for one big flaw: the abrupt ending") refers to "His - Koisuru Tsumori Nante Nakatta", not "Kimi no Koto Dake Mite Itai".

Day 30 Challenge: BL drama you're currently watching

angeliviki2022:

Day 30 Challenge: BL drama you're currently watching

youre seeing 2moons2 

ive been thinking to see it again since dayss

April BL Drama Challenge

Day 30 - BL Drama you're Currently Watching

Last day of the challenge! This was fun <3

• At 25:00 in Akasaka (2/10) : Promising start. On Air
  • Living With Him (3/8) : Ah this one is so sweet. I luff them. On Air
  • Only Boo! (4/12) : Cutest show ever omg On Air
  • The Spirealm (18/78) : Not a BL but a censored adaption. Like who are you kidding it's obvious these two are in love, I said what I said. Has me on edge but so freaking good. Completed
  • We Are (4/16) : Had zero expectations, but turns out I like this one a lot.  On Air
  • Between Us (7/12) This is another Re-Watch. Completed

Not BL but variety shows with actors who do BL:

American Fan:

There aren't really any like Not Me, but ballpark suggestions:

Kinnporsche

HIStory3: Trapped 

Golden Blood

Never let Me Go 

Long Time No See

No Regret (movie)

Love In The Air

I thought so ^^' watched all minus NLMG so imma give that a try. Thanks <333

p43425:

Thanks, watching it now. Perth Nakhun's videos are invariably interesting.

Yes, he's very down-to-earth and personable. A great way to learn more about the BL industry, through the eyes of a BL actor.

p43425:

To be clear, my asterisked comment ("except for one big flaw: the abrupt ending") refers to "His - Koisuru Tsumori Nante Nakatta", not "Kimi no Koto Dake Mite Itai".

I didn't catch that on the first read, thanks!

DreamDramaCatcher:

I thought so ^^' watched all minus NLMG so imma give that a try. Thanks <333

No prob! Enjoy!

@p43425

Re: For Him the series

Watched up to Episode 5

Okay so I promised to give an update as soon as I have watched episode 5; I have found the series to not be consistent with the negative comments and reviews. So far I have not seen any acting to constitute terrible acting and lacklustre performances. I saw one comment that said the series is basically a commercial with product placement so far I have found this to be false. The story being told is intriguing enough to have me hooked and wanting to finish the series. The whole mystery surrounding Him's ex is so interesting to me and looking at other platforms in the comment sections I see so many friends and other fans theorizing and coming up with possible connections between Him's ex and Nail therefore this series had them engaged at the time of airing and I am engaged now watching. I also like the sound tracks at the different scenes it makes them dramatic and very aesthetically pleasing. The side couple is also wonderful to watch I am into their story. The intimacy in the series is wonderful. 

I think a person's attitude towards a series is largely determined by whether they watched it while it was airing or watched it after it had finished airing. Oftentimes when persons watch a series while it is airing they are affected by the herd effect where their attitude towards the series is largely swayed by the sentiments of a segment of the fandom and because of that this segment becomes the majority opinion whether good or bad. However when a person binges a series they are allowed to form their individual judgement as they will not be bombarded with online post and chatter that occurs while a series is airing. The absence of a delay between each episode also does not provide the opportunity for a person to be subjected to discouraging or encouraging remarks about series for a whole week before the next episode which causes the loss of individual judgement creating that herd effect. I believe a lot of people dropped this series because of this.

As it relates to the alleged behind the scenes drama I have not looked into nor do I plan to. I avoid behind the scenes footage and anything that takes place outside the realm of the story on screen. I judge a series solely on what I see on screen. I try to avoid drama off screen in a bid to protect the story on screen to keep my mind solely on the story the actors are trying to tell. 

I will of course give a review when I finish the series.

RiqueXinw:
Re: For Him the series

Thanks so much for the helpful update. Yes, I'll look forward to your final opinion.

Also, I think you have a good point about the "herd effect" on currently airing series, not to mention the prematurely bad reviews by people who drop after an episode or two. As to the off-screen drama, I don't know anything about this - so now you've piqued my curiosity, haha.

Day 30 Challenge BL drama you're currently watching

It's been a fun 30 days!

I'm only watching two right now and both are currently airing.

Only Boo! & We Are

But I'm thinking about starting Absolute Zero, Grey Shelter or I'm Tee, Me Too. I've never heard anyone talk about the last one. It doesn't really look like a regular series though.

Updates:

I need this it has everything I love, my career choice, crime genre and love. Please BL universe hear my cry!!!

Simi_Tutu:
Would anyone be interested in bringing back this Challenge from 2 years ago? It looks like it could be fun

Simi, thanks so much for thinking of the Challenge at the start of April. It made the month especially fun, and it was also a nice way to encourage participation.

And Rique, thanks as always for your updates. You're often the first I hear of these.

*Clears throat* Today is a very special day, one that is beyond comparison. Today is the day I graced this world with my presence. Today is my birthday yayyyyyy.

RiqueXinw:

*Clears throat* Today is a very special day, one that is beyond comparison. Today is the day I graced this world with my presence. Today is my birthday yayyyyyy.

:) Omg Happy Birthday!!!! <3 I wanna put birthday emojis but they would just turn into ??? But I hope this helps :)  

RiqueXinw:

Ohh, thanks for sharing this special news with us! :D 

Happy Birthday to you RiqueXinw! :-*

I wish you love, happiness, health and sunshine! 

May you experience many cheerful moments in your new year of life! 

May all your wishes come true. :-) 

Hugs!