So I just saw this article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-13/boy-band-inspired-ai-wa-kat-tun-anime-shorts-ad-streamed

and tbh im kinda creeped out. What is up with the bolded section :
In the story, animated versions of the singers Kazuya Kamenashi, Junnosuke Taguchi, Koki Tanaka, Tatsuya Ueda, and Yuichi Nakamaru appear in unintentionally romantic situations with their younger sister. Each of the mobile anime series' five 50-second episodes highlights one KAT-TUN performer.

Why are there so many dramas/manga/anime about falling in love with your sister(in japan.)
That's a very good question.
Haha We should stop questioning why Japan does anything lol It will just give us headaches. And sib-mance stories are the nothing compared to the other f-ed up anime stories. It's tame in comparison to some other things that I will not mention. Blech! BTW KAT-TUN ♥♥♥
Skye-N-Rain wrote: And to further prove my point: http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/1354/boku-wa-imouto-ni-koi-wo-suru

EW!!! gross. and it has MadusamotoJun in it too. That really grosses me out.
Jeaniessi wrote: EW!!! gross. and it has MadusamotoJun in it too. That really grosses me out.

Jajajajajaja.... I think you dislike him more than I do.
Sleepninja wrote: Haha We should stop questioning why Japan does anything lol It will just give us headaches. And sib-mance stories are the nothing compared to the other f-ed up anime stories. It's tame in comparison to some other things that I will not mention. Blech! BTW KAT-TUN ♥♥♥

http://www.wtfjapanseriously.com/ :P
Skye-N-Rain wrote: http://www.wtfjapanseriously.com/ :P

Hehehehe Love that site :p
I've actually thought about this some, lol. I will cast the net wider and say incest in general is a common theme. I have never asked a japanese person this question so this is total conjecture, but my guess is it has something to do with their "inner" and "outer" circle culture. In japanese culture it seems like it is more difficult to get close to people as adults, and there is a degree of intimacy that is impossible to reach unless you knew someone as a child. So I guess that's how falling in love with your sibling/relative can become an attractive alternative????? (I made a strange face as i typed that, lol)

Also, I would watch Kattun do just about anything, lol. Maybe they're not really siblings and they're just close childhood friends? ...
Kawaikochan wrote: I've actually thought about this some, lol. I will cast the net wider and say incest in general is a common theme. I have never asked a japanese person this question so this is total conjecture, but my guess is it has something to do with their "inner" and "outer" circle culture. In japanese culture it seems like it is more difficult to get close to people as adults, and there is a degree of intimacy that is impossible to reach unless you knew someone as a child. So I guess that's how falling in love with your sibling/relative can become an attractive alternative????? (I made a strange face as i typed that, lol)

Also, I would watch Kattun do just about anything, lol. Maybe they're not really siblings and they're just close childhood friends? ...

An attractive alternative? *bashes his head against the wall a few hundred times.*
OH! Now I get it!
Kawaikochan wrote: I've actually thought about this some, lol. I will cast the net wider and say incest in general is a common theme. I have never asked a japanese person this question so this is total conjecture, but my guess is it has something to do with their "inner" and "outer" circle culture. In japanese culture it seems like it is more difficult to get close to people as adults, and there is a degree of intimacy that is impossible to reach unless you knew someone as a child. So I guess that's how falling in love with your sibling/relative can become an attractive alternative????? (I made a strange face as i typed that, lol)

I'm also wondering if it's because in the past this was common practice through out their history, but as western culture ...seeped in they started to change a bit their ways and there's still a longing for what was lost?
Skye-N-Rain wrote: An attractive alternative? *bashes his head against the wall a few hundred times.*
OH! Now I get it!

ROFL yea, it takes some "creative" thinking to reach that conclusion, lol.

LisNoir wrote: I'm also wondering if it's because in the past this was common practice through out their history, but as western culture ...seeped in they started to change a bit their ways and there's still a longing for what was lost?

I'm not sure about this one because it was a pretty common practice in western culture until relatively recently as well, but maybe.
Kawaikochan wrote: ROFL yea, it takes some "creative" thinking to reach that conclusion, lol.

I'm not sure about this one because it was a pretty common practice in western culture until relatively recently as well, but maybe.

It was common for people to marry their family members in Western Culture?
Skye-N-Rain wrote: It was common for people to marry their family members in Western Culture?

Yes! Think of all the royals that married first cousins over and over again. I don't know about brother and sister lovin'. I'd have to look that up but it was pretty common to marry at least a cousin in western culture up to a certain point in time. I don't know when exactly, that became taboo or illegal.