AH :
AH
5 days ago

By the way, "Titanic" is Tan's favorite movie :-)

WHAT

My exact same reaction.

It's because it's TiTANic.

nathsketch:

My exact same reaction.

It's because it's TiTANic.

groaaaaaan

ZYHLJ:
Now I need your very honest opinion: do you think I can translate a good novel with my English skills? It’s not about translating the general meaning, but words that make people want to read it. Please be very honest as I need to make good use of my time :-)

Yes.

ZYHLJ:
Do you have any plans to come here to see Tan?

ZYHLJ:
If possible in the future, we may get together at Tan's concert!>_<

HELL YES.

Kokuto:

groaaaaaan

The joke writes itself. I don't make the rules.

liddi:
There is still hope. Let's see if my daughter ever decides to finish reading LYF, after which I can introduce her to Titanic, followed by your fic.

liddi:
Ahh that is truly a shame. I have never had the opportunity to go an opera, but certainly, if it were in a language I was not familiar with, the subtitles would have been conducive to appreciating the performance even more, regardless of whether I know the music well or not.  One of my favourites is Puccini's La bohème, and while I've watched various video recordings, I hope to watch it on stage one day.

It's all good. I've always liked Nessun Dorma, but going to see a full scale opera isn't really my thing. I'm glad I got to try it once but I'm also glad I was able to pay a very cheap price for my ticket, even if it meant having a less than ideal subtitle situation. 

I hope you get to see a production you like someday :)

liddi:
Incidentally, I have been listening to the official LYF audiobook from Mo Tie (I finally realised they were the ones Tong Hua mentioned in the Sohu 2019 interview article), which has separate VAs for different characters. Obviously, I jumped straight into iconic scenes, but perhaps I am used to the diction from the drama cast, as I ended up finding some of the cast delivery a little underwhelming. That being said, it is highly enjoyable, listening to a well-narrated audiobook, and some of the songs in the novel were actually sung. In the past, I had a bad experience where the voice used to narrate the book was so unsuitable that it pulled me out of the story straight away as I can't get past my cringe to immerse in the actual narrative..

I'm envious! Perhaps some kind fans will create an illustrated and subtitled version, like MDZS fans did for the audio drama?

HeadInTheClouds:
I'm very guilty of this. I don't think I've ever left a review for anything before. I used to read a lot of fan fiction or original works on Wattpad, but besides a thank you or a few short sentences, I don't write much else.

A "thank you" and a few sentences goes a long way towards letting the author know that someone engaged with their work and appreciated it! ^^

liddi:
However, I do not believe Xiang Liu would want her to die for him if they were lovers - he always wanted her to treasure life, and he continued to encourage her to do so even in her most despondent, darkest moments. So I can't see him ever wanting her to follow him in death.

Agreed.

Kokuto:

You missed the key stumbling block... became A NIAN!!!!   Run away!!!!

Though, seriously.  Link please.  I'll add it to the first page.

Your allergy to A Nian still hasn't abated. But, she won't be A Nian anymore. It will be a soul swapped.

Could you add my recommendation to the front post as well? I mentioned it here:

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/124319-fan-fiction-thread-for-lost-you-forever?pid=3032849&page=17#p3032849

HeadInTheClouds:

Your allergy to A Nian still hasn't abated. But, she won't be A Nian anymore. It will be a soul swapped.

Could you add my recommendation to the front post as well? I mentioned it here:

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/124319-fan-fiction-thread-for-lost-you-forever?pid=3032849&page=17#p3032849

How did I miss that?  I know I was going to ask you about another one you mentioned earlier.

Thank you!  I'll definitely add them.

@liddi

Teochew opera! I would like to ask, is your ancestral home in Fujian or Guangdong? I heard that many Malaysian Chinese are from Fujian and Guangdong, and many of them can speak Hokkien and Cantonese. How many languages can you speak?

Are you reading novels in Jinjiang? Do you have any fanfics that you would recommend? 

In fact, I just suddenly felt that she could play Ah Heng, but if I seriously think about who is the most suitable to play Ah Heng, maybe Bai Lu is a good choice? The actor needs to have a tragic aura. Zhao Liying or Li Qin are actually not bad either. As for Chi You, it’s really hard to imagine who could play him. His appearance must be stunning! Wu Lei? I thought about it for five minutes and just came up with this one... 

Also, I want to tell you about my progress in recommending LYF to my mother: I think she mistakenly regarded this as a good opportunity to find out what kind of man I would marry, and then Xiang Liu appeared and immediately gave Xiao Yao forty lashes, I felt like she was shocked. She kept shaking her head and waving her hands at me... In addition, her evaluation of Jing was "He doesn't look right" and her evaluation of Cang Xuan is “better not to trust this man”. How can I put it, mom is mom... Also, I showed her the scene where Feng Long appeared (promising to help Jing entertain Cang Xuan), and she said "This one seems okay"... I told you she will love Feng Long!

@HeadInTheClouds

To be honest, I can’t figure out why Chinese dramas don't produce peripheral products. Japanese anime has done this very thoughtfully. I can only make a superficial guess. Is it because these platforms are afraid of being scolded for making too much money? Some netizens just like to use a magnifying glass to find faults in others like this. But Tencent is a for-profit company, how could it not want to make money? ? As long as they can ensure the product is worth its price, that's fine, right? ? 

Do you still have that video of naming star after Xiang Liu? T_T 

After reading what you said, I want to travel to the Czech Republic :-). I have never been to Europe. I originally wanted to go to Greece a few years ago, and then the COVID-19 epidemic broke out... Now strangely I am more interested in spending the holidays at home.囧

Wait, your home country is Vietnam, you live in Europe, but you can read Chinese novels? How did this happen? Or did you read it using Google Translate? 

I read the novel you recommended, and I can really tell that it is a good work, with beautiful writing and reasonable plot. Although when I saw Jing and Xiao Yao appearing together, I couldn't help but feel irritated. Maybe deep down I still kind of hate her and feel like she doesn't deserve a second chance. But this fiction is written with care. I am very interested in the author's construction of the world of Dahuang, and I will consider it carefully :-) 

Yes, I have to rely on Google for Vietnamese...but honestly, Google does a good job of translating most posts. If you find them, please send them to me :-)

Most Chinese drama fans and book fans also like Xiang Liu the most. But because in China, the positioning of the characters in a drama is very important. The first male lead and the heroine’s love are both less popular than the third male lead. This would be regarded as a failure of the actors and the drama. Therefore, Tencent focused on Cang Xuan and Jing in its early promotions, and hoped to create an atmosphere that the audiences likes the heroine's choice. In addition, the reason why Deng Wei played the role of Jing is probably because he thought he could gain a lot of popularity with this role. His company must also value this opportunity very much, so it encouraged fans or purchased public opinion troops to promote the Yao Jing couple. But in fact, among real Chinese audiences, the overwhelming majority like Xiang Liu. Tan also said in the interview that the entire crew likes Xiang Liu very much (before a Chinese crew starts filming, people from all departments must read the script with the actors together). On the set, the crew members called him "Liu Ge" :-)

ZYHLJ:
Also, I want to tell you about my progress in recommending LYF to my mother: I think she mistakenly regarded this as a good opportunity to find out what kind of man I would marry,

hahahahahaha .... run away!!!!

ZYHLJ:
and then Xiang Liu appeared and immediately gave Xiao Yao forty lashes, I felt like she was shocked. She kept shaking her head and waving her hands at me..

Understandable from a mom.

ZYHLJ:
In addition, her evaluation of Jing was "He doesn't look right" and her evaluation of Cang Xuan is “better not to trust this man”. How can I put it, mom is mom...

Mom is very perceptive.  lol

ZYHLJ:
Also, I showed her the scene where Feng Long appeared (promising to help Jing entertain Cang Xuan), and she said "This one seems okay"... I told you she will love Feng Long!

You know ... there IS a lot to be said for Feng Long.  I'd pick over Jing any day.

@nathsketch

Shake hands! you know me sis! This is also my dream, haha, I am super envious of the heroine! >_<

Also, I searched, Tan did say that he has a concert plan, right after finishing recent filmings. Maybe we can really cry together at his concert soon!T_T

HeadInTheClouds:
Oooh! If you are looking to translate fan fiction, I have one in mind that I would really like a good translation of. I've been meaning to recommend it in this thread. It's a bit long though - 51 chapters with a few extra vignettes following the main story.

Is this one you gave me links for?

HeadInTheClouds:

No.  It has not.  Especially when I saw more of her searching for Beloved Ru Shou.  O_O

@Kokuto

Link here: 

https://2fopen.jjwxc.net/book2/8259656

Introduction: a modern reader who likes Xiang Liu accidentally traveled to the world of Dahuang and became A Nian in Qingshui Town. She changed Xiang Liu's fate and finally made him her own, with a happy ending. The heroine's scene is funny, and Xiang Liu's image is consistent with the original work. Well written! 

Regarding Feng Long, I agree with you! I have seen a post analyzing him on Weibo before, it was very good! I'll look for it, and if I can find it, I'll translate it and post it here :-)

ZYHLJ:
Link here:

https://2fopen.jjwxc.net/book2/8259656

Introduction: a modern reader who likes Xiang Liu accidentally traveled to the world of Dahuang and became A Nian in Qingshui Town.

Thank you!  I added it, but that site doesn't let me copy the text so I can translate it with Google.  So I don't know the English or Chinese characters title, or the author.  This is the format I've been using.  Can you give me the info to copy and paste?

With You Forever (相思日月长 ) by 噫哞噫哞

Kokuto:

Thank you!  I added it, but that site doesn't let me copy the text so I can translate it with Google.  So I don't know the English or Chinese characters title, or the author.  This is the format I've been using.  Can you give me the info to copy and paste?

With You Forever (相思日月长 ) by 噫哞噫哞 

The details are:

Kiss Xiang Liu (吻相柳) by 吉巴罗