I've been waiting for someone to open a discussion about this drama because I think there are so many theories that we could share and points to understand this drama better, and maybe guess the story. I see many people commenting their thoughts so I feel like it's a good idea to open this discussion. 

I'm not a very good theorist so I don't have much to add, but I think that all of the resetters must have been connected to Lee Shin and to each other in some timeline and that's why she chose them specifically. I even thought, what if they have resetted their lives previously and this thing that they're living is an endless loop that they need to put an end to? What if Lee Shin has been trying to make things differently so that her daughter doesn't die, and she needs them to fulfill this goal but something always goes wrong on her plans? There are so many questions! 

I have no idea but I am here for the ride lol

I think all the resets messed with Shin's mind. It's hard enough to keep up with one reality but imagine going through 7. It must be a struggle trying to figure out whats happened, what's going to happen, and what will never happen.

Other than that, I never trusted Se Rin. Everything is so complicated and messed up, there is no way that her getting beat up was simple as some petty thug picking on her. Besides, it was kinda sus  how her sister's story was perfectly matched to Ga Hyeon's situation.

There's obviously a serial killer murdering them one by one,  that's how they're connected to each other, I'm not sure how Lee is connected to him but I think once he's revealed things will become clear, I don't believe he's Det. Ji but if he really is then that was one f***ing mind blowing twist.

Is Lee really resetting because her daughter tho? what if she's the one dying?

Coffee owner is hiding something and right now it's clear he's not clean like several of the resetters who showed their true colors before they were murdered, the gamer was obviously not clean from the start, but what about our 2 leads can they be dirty and we're yet figure that out too? possible but even if I still doubt Det. Ji is the serial killer.

The time skip was totally random and I thought it was going to take the show downhill but I'm glad it didn't.

I personally don't believe there is a serial killer. Most people really just got killed because of circumstances regarding their ''fate''. Lee Shin has the answers and she is recently talking about changing fate a lot (because of her daughter who also needs a change in fate). There are hidden murderers around (gamer-dude is probably the latest murderer) but they are just puppets of fate.

All of the resetters that have a person they care about/ a hidden secret can be used quite easily unfortunately. Coffee owner has obviously fallen into the same trap as Se Rin, he cares too much about his ill wife so he doesn't want to die. We'll definitely see him working against the detective and Ga Hyun soon. Yes, the detective is innocent although he wil be framed for this latest spill of blood.  

I was thinking that until the last ep too, but no way that's right with the latest one. I thought someone was just picking up mementos from the dead time travellers but since the guy who killed the thug also collected a token...

Current Theory (will probably get debunked next episode ?): In the first 5 realities some serial killer killed most if not all the time travellers. In the sixth one Shin saved them and decided to bring them along for the next one. Maybe her daughter was also a victim (kinda on the fence on that for now), possibly tied to the train. But anyhow, the killer is at it again in this reality and Shin is letting them die either for amusement since she's lost her mind or she's using them as a sacrifice to get to the serial killer.

I DO NOT think that Shin is the serial killer, the person who killed Bae Jung Tae was too big for it to be her. I mean the guy's a professional goon, I don't think Shin is strong enough to physically overpower him anyhow. 

peachy-arsenic:
Current Theory (will probably get debunked next episode ?): In the first 5 realities some serial killer killed most if not all the time travellers. In the sixth one Shin saved them and decided to bring them along for the next one. Maybe her daughter was also a victim (kinda on the fence on that for now), possibly tied to the train. But anyhow, the killer is at it again in this reality and Shin is letting them die either for amusement since she's lost her mind or she's using them as a sacrifice to get to the serial killer.

Based on what we've seen so far I think your second point is the most plausible explanation. Remember how Lee Shin said how Kim Serin's murderer was never found, even after going through the reset multiple times? She might be just as clueless as to who is behind all of this. 

I'm excited to see what kind of twists and turns they'll throw at us next. Although I do presume that Ji Hyung Jo is innocent (outfit and shoes were different, although he could've changed into something different quickly), it would be interesting if he modeled himself after Shin Ga Hyun's cartoon 'Hidden Killer' and became one himself.  No matter what, he has got some explaining to do. He was at a crime scene, either during or after the murder and Park Sun Ho (his partner) photocopied his notebook, which could make him look rather guilty. 

I'm also excited to see more of Hwang No Sub (the cafe owner). Out of all the resetters (that survived the first couple of episodes) he has been shown the least and remains a bit of a mystery. We know very little about him other than that he's trying to stay alive so he can take care of his ill wife. He generally seems like a very pleasant old man, but one common trait in all of the resetters is that they have a more nasty side to them as well, so I wonder what he's hiding.

I was shocked for a good while but after bringing my mind off the shock, there's just a lot of evidence that Detective Ji is not the killer, but he will probably be framed/misunderstood and definitely doubted a lot by his closest people (Sun Ho, coworkers and Ga Hyeon). I hope he doesn't need to come clean himself but that Ga Hyeon and Sun Ho do it. 

Also, what do you guys think about Ga Hyeon's assistant? This guy is a whole mystery and his existence appears to be pointless but one thing we've learned from this drama is that nothing is a coincidence or has no use plot-wise. This guy may be contributing to the villain/s (whoever they are), or may as well be the only person who's against Lee Shin but who actually knows something and holds some sort of power, like a kind of guardian to Ga Hyeon and the resetters, because c'mon, someone must be powerful enough to stop her. This would be quite interesting, though.

Lol, i am impressed that you guys still remember the names and the incidents in this show... I am so confused since last week that I am just waiting for the two protagonists (or one antagonist) to hang out...

Well, I've reconsidered the possibilities and I now believe there is indeed a serial killer. I believe it's either Sun Ho or the Comic assistant. I initially doubted there was a single one as they focused on the ''fate'' part so much. Just wondering what reason that killer could have for all this. Meanwhile Lee Shin is just chillin as always, such a good villain character. 

At this point several people (side-characters) are still suspicious but I think the next episode will give us a big clue. For example we see gamer-dude reacting as he meets someone in the dark for the preview (could be the detective but I don't think he'd be that scared of him). I initially suspected gamer-dude for the latest murder but it's clearly all done by 1 serial killer with his black gloves. 

What makes Sun Ho suspicious is in Ep 7 when detective and Lee Shin talk. First scene at police station she asks if Sun Ho is the person he saved ''It's the senior you saved right?''. Next scene she says ''I'm paying for the mistake you made'' , ''Well, it's not like a detective is a deity'' ,''You could always make a mistake'' and ''Don't be so hard on yourself''. This was before the murder of Se Rin so it looked like it was about the gangster but now we know it's clearly not. The implication could be that by saving Sun Ho he caused the deaths of everyone but that's just one interpretation.

Now if we look at the scene right after Se Ri's murder in Ep 7 there's a brief shot of the serial killer/memento collecter. His figure is wearing a hat and baggy clothes (which is very similar to gamer-dudes attire which is why I was confused for so long). However, look closely at the clothes of the figure. He's wearing a blue shirt with a black vest. Now the Ep 8 preview has Sun Ho in those same/similar clothes talking to the detective. 

In defense of Sun ho: However, while Sun Ho has the knowledge to commit the murders, he has no motive. He also reacts to seeing the private reset-investigation of the detective by copying it. A criminal would've likely destroyed his investigative work. He also wouldn't have questioned the detective about his reset-investigation since the smart thing would be to immediately implicate his partner for the crime if he was evil or just watch from the sidelines. 

What makes webtoon assistant suspicious is in Ep 4 and Ep 5 he is sporting a giant black bag when he visits Ga Hyun. Guess which black bag is hanging onto the wall of the serial killer in the ending-scene of Ep 7 and Ep 4? It also makes a lot more sense than Sun Ho being the killer since the comic assistant is wayyyy into the ''Hidden Killer'' webtoon of Ga Hyun and likely wants to create his real life version. He is likely inspired by Ga Hyun and wants to give her new material. 

The first real kill was related to Ga Hyun too so it makes sense he just stalks her and picks his targets. I do still wonder why the doors of the serial killers room are like those of the policestation though, could be coincidence. I wanted to find more clues but the episodes are buffering constantly so I gave up. 

Still wondering what bad stuff the Coffeeshop owner is up to since he's obviously also doing some secret stuff. At this point I only trust Ga Hyun and Hyung Jo to be completely innocent. Of course they may still play right into the hands of the serial killer or Lee Shin because they are paranoid.

RandamUsagi:

Well, I've reconsidered the possibilities and I now believe there is indeed a serial killer. I initially doubted there was a single one as they focused on the ''fate'' part so much. Just wondering what reason that killer could have for all this. Meanwhile Lee Shin is just chillin as always, such a good villain character. 

At this point several people (side-characters) are suspicious but I think the next episode will give us a big clue. For example we see gamer-dude reacting as he meets someone in the dark for the preview (could be the detective but I don't think he'd be that scared of him). I suspected gamer-dude for the latest murder but now I'm not sure if it's just part of the serial-killers murders (gamer-dude is 100% not the serial killer). I'm looking forward to finding the answers and hoping it's not Sun Ho (if it is, he must've hated that hug a lot jk)

I also thought Sun Ho may be the killer but I don't have much evidence for that, and the fact that he photocopied Hyung Jo's notebook made me think it's definitely not him.

RandamUsagi:
Well, I've reconsidered the possibilities and I now believe there is indeed a serial killer. I initially doubted there was a single one as they focused on the ''fate'' part so much. Just wondering what reason that killer could have for all this. Meanwhile Lee Shin is just chillin as always, such a good villain character.

Lol I was writing a reply for an hour, not a long but took me that, I guess I don't need to post that anymore.

RandamUsagi:
I suspected gamer-dude for the latest murder but now I'm not sure if it's just part of the serial-killers murders (gamer-dude is 100% not the serial killer).

I repeated the murder scene several times and I could swear the killer used was different from the gamer's one shown in an earlier scene, I could be wrong of course because the blade part was censored.

peachy-arsenic:

This actually makes sense.

Sigrid:
it would be interesting if he modeled himself after Shin Ga Hyun's cartoon 'Hidden Killer' and became one himself.

Now that you mentioned the death scene of one of the resetters, I think it was Seo Yun Soo's one looked similar to one of the scenes in Hidden Killer, still 100% doubt it's Det. Ji, it's too far fetched but it's possible the real killer actually modeled himself after the killer in Hidden Killer!

chimuras:

Lol, i am impressed that you guys still remember the names and the incidents in this show... I am so confused since last week that I am just waiting for the two protagonists (or one antagonist) to hang out...

I watched each episode at least twice to grasp what was going on lol

While writing and editing my post I was rewatching episodes 4-7 and realised that there are TWO known main suspects left in this story. The webtoon assistant and Sun Ho. However, only 1 of them has a good motive (as written in my last post). Thus my current belief is that webtoon assistant (Goo Seung Min) is the definitive serial killer. Sun Ho's empathic behaviour just doesn't match up to a serial killer at all and the detective is obviously not the killer (the different shoes and it goes against his moral code). I did all this in desperation because either Sun Ho or the detective being the killer would end the bromance part of the story.  Now thanks to that giant black bag as evidence I can rest. The black bag is hanging in the room of the serial killer, 2x seen right in front of the camera. Webtoon assistant likely stalked Ga Hyun to find out who she hangs around with and he's trying to be artsy with his collection of mementos. The whole nerdy guy act is fake. 

RandamUsagi:

While writing and editing my post I was rewatching episodes 4-7 and realised that there are TWO known main suspects left in this story. The webtoon assistant and Sun Ho. However, only 1 of them has a good motive (as written in my last post). Thus my current belief is that webtoon assistant (Goo Seung Min) is the definitive serial killer. Sun Ho's empathic behaviour just doesn't match up to a serial killer at all and the detective is obviously not the killer (the different shoes and it goes against his moral code). I did all this in desperation because either Sun Ho or the detective being the killer would end the bromance part of the story.  Now thanks to that giant black bag as evidence I can rest. The black bag is hanging in the room of the serial killer, 2x seen right in front of the camera. Webtoon assistant likely stalked Ga Hyun to find out who she hangs around with and he's trying to be artsy with his collection of mementos. The whole nerdy guy act is fake. 

That's what I'm thinking too! The guys just too benign, there's no way they will waste screentime on some unimportant assistant for no reason. He serves literally no PURPOSE! He's not like Sun Ho who's there for the detective's character development and emotional scenes, he's not like comic relief either. All his scenes last like 15 seconds at most and they could be removed without affecting the story whatsoever. Also, the way Ga Hyeon keeps blowing him off gives me a bad feeling. The actor's not some nobody either. 

If he's not the killer, then at the very least he holds the key to getting to the killer.

ok... so we got it right lads... im gonna go kms i cant belive they would do this to ji hyeong ju.

Still very happy with the show tho, I was surprised by the development and the killer really knows ho wto make a switch. lots of contrast between how he normally protrays himself and his actual face