pinksprings01:

i read this:

https://namu.wiki/w/%EC%98%B7%EC%86%8C%EB%A7%A4%20%EB%B6%89%EC%9D%80%20%EB%81%9D%EB%8F%99#s-3

and deok im goes through so much :(

Yeah, she went through a lot and so did Yi-San in order to become a good king. Though however short, they at least had the chance to love.  It’s pretty rare for historical figures to publicly express their grief so I can see why their live story is a big thing. 

My ideal ending would be with both of them meeting in their afterlife? That would be the happy ending for me and few dramas used this sequence and I personally love it.

But can we for a second talk about Yi San's suspicious death that has not been solved yet? My two cents would be that he couldn't take the heartbreak and took his life since I read somewhere that he has written so many letters to Deok Im. 

PS - Did anyone find the full epitaph? I found only part of it

Badass Bunny :

My ideal ending would be with both of them meeting in their afterlife? That would be the happy ending for me and few dramas used this sequence and I personally love it.

But can we for a second talk about Yi San's suspicious death that has not been solved yet? My two cents would be that he couldn't take the heartbreak and took his life since I read somewhere that he has written so many letters to Deok Im. 

Ooh…an afterlife ending would be great…didn’t they do that DongYi?  I could picture their cute squabbling.  

As he seemed so strict on his duties as King, I don’t think he would have killed himself but he probably let down his guard in his grief.  I can see his political rivals using that to their advantage and possibly poison him.  He had a new family and was fond of his new concubine even if he didn’t love her.  

Badass Bunny :

PS - Did anyone find the full epitaph? I found only part of it

https://youtu.be/P31KllPLa68  This video has a pretty lengthy part on it. Not sure if it’s the full epitaph, but it gave me the feels as I was reading the English subs.  If the translation is correct, it said he was looking forward to their new baby, hoping it was the rebirth of their son CP Munho.

CKT_DramaFan:

As he seemed so strict on his duties as King, I don’t think he would have killed himself but he probably let down his guard in his grief.  I can see his political rivals using that to their advantage and possibly poison him.  He had a new family and was fond of his new concubine even if he didn’t love her.  

Idk, but he died pretty early in his life and those texts that I read....

Idk, who knows? Only he will know. 

Badass Bunny :

Yeah…only he will know.  I can’t say the thought didn’t cross my mind since that epitaph part in the video sounded so pitiful and emotional.

I have to say that Lee SeYoung and Lee Junho are doing a great job setting up their growing attachment for each other with their chemistry.  I can totally hear Junho’s voice reading the epitaph. 

Badass Bunny :

I don't think the age that he died was that young for that period of history. That's why the majority of Korean scholars do still think he died of natural causes.

birdsingreek:

I don't think the age that he died was that young for that period of history. That's why the majority of Korean scholars do still think he died of natural causes.

He was 47 so idk...

If we wanna compare it to other rulers than here is a small chart.

Yi Ja Chun: 46

Taejo: 72

Jeongjeong: 62

Taejong: 55

Sejong: 52

Munjong: 37

Danjong: 16

Sejo: 50

Yejong: 19

Seongjong: 37

Yeonsangun: 29

Jungjong: 56

Injong: 30

Myeongjong: 33

Seonjo: 55

Gwanghaegun: 66

Injo: 53

Hyojong: 39

Hyeonjong: 33

Sukjong: 58

Gyeongjong: 35

Yeongjo: 81

Jeongjo: 47

Sunjo: 44

Heunjong: 21

Cheoljong: 32

Gojong: 66

Sunjong: 52

Badass Bunny :

Yeah, I hope the ending shows their afterlife together with their children.

Badass Bunny :

I just saw on twitter one of the people who read the novel said it ends with their meeting in the afterlife. It was said that he lays on Deokim lap (this time without rejection), then he said he wanna leave his duty as  king and live happily with her for eternity.

Here’s the links:
https://twitter.com/yuuru0911/status/1467417192928931840?s=21
https://twitter.com/yuuru0911/status/1467466658797088768?s=21

Anyway the words “where the moments become eternity” was also stated on one of TRS poster (you know the one where they sitting & laugh together on the grass). Here it is anyway https://mydramalist.com/photos/2Ykv2_3

OMG I THINK THAT WOULD BE A PERFECT ENDING

birdsingreek:

Yes, I read that recently - that the 'poisoning' theory, while more romantic, has largely been debunked. And, as you say, 47 wasn't bad in those days, particularly if you were ill (e.g. cancer or the like).

We all will be crying on New Year’s Day

lime_pickle:

Yes, I read that recently - that the 'poisoning' theory, while more romantic, has largely been debunked. And, as you say, 47 wasn't bad in those days, particularly if you were ill (e.g. cancer or the like).

I don’t know where people are getting the poisoning theory from but some commentators on Viki in both the Red Sleeve and The Jewel in the Crown have commented that it was the Step-Grandmother Queen that poisoned Jeongjo.