People its NOT a SAD OR BAD ENDING.

Its a happy open ending.

1. It was never confirmed that he won't return.

2. According to the leaked script he would have come back in the last scene when susu and Ami were at the river. [,it was cut off for whatever reason we don't know]

3. There were news that we might get extra episode. Wait for them for sometime, like it just ended yesterday. [It took them sometime to release the extra episode for immortal samasara as well]

4. His soul fragments remains. [In the protecting shell] In the novel susu spent 1000 years to find them all.

5. We got a voice over epilogue after today's episode which have scene from the future when he returns. It had no video just voice over but it does tell it was a open happy ending.

It's clearly a happy open ending.

He might or might not come back, we never know. But we alteast know that he is there with them.

Although a HE is more satisfactory, this endings is betting of TTJ, for once he takes control of his own fate. 

It's a beautiful but heart breaking ending. 

kwanto:

Although a HE is more satisfactory, this endings is betting of TTJ, for once he takes control of his own fate. 

It's a beautiful but heart breaking ending. 

Exactly. See i will always think of it as a happy open ending . Happy and sad depends on the prospective with which you see it. That why its called an open ending 

I don't mind if it got sad ending or open ending. As long it is an epic ending to make all of us audiences to remember the rest of our life. We all already make guess what the ending looks like before the finale and in my opinion it was far from epic but still acceptable. Unless they come out season 2. <finger cross>

I hope someone will write a fanfiction and continue from where things were left off.

Honestly i wouldve liked it more if instead of him saving her they died together idk why

jj6928366:

Honestly i wouldve liked it more if instead of him saving her they died together idk why

I agree. Let them die together for the realms and give me two mins of them reunited in next incarnation. 

jj6928366:

Gosh....this is romantic, in a sad way. It would have been a sad HE. They are together in death. 

But maybe LSS at that point in time already knew she was pregnant? So she stayed alive to ensure the child gets a chance. Now that I have said it out loud, so much love between those 2 characters. ??

Can you link the Twitter link of their special voiceover clip?

Alila Nguyen:

Can you link the Twitter link of their special voiceover clip?

https://twitter.com/afterrnoont/status/1655892250436710402?s=20

Lotusdreams:

I agree. Let them die together for the realms and give me two mins of them reunited in next incarnation. 

No that’s too sad, just like MY and SJ.

ChunTian:

Gosh....this is romantic, in a sad way. It would have been a sad HE. They are together in death. 

But maybe LSS at that point in time already knew she was pregnant? So she stayed alive to ensure the child gets a chance. Now that I have said it out loud, so much love between those 2 characters. ??

yes! romantic and sad HE! also I don't know if maybe I misunderstood but i think LSS actually was ready to die and it was TTJ who saved her with the artifact, which of course makes it even more sad and romantic as well ?

jj6928366:

yes! romantic and sad HE! also I don't know if maybe I misunderstood but i think LSS actually was ready to die and it was TTJ who saved her with the artifact, which of course makes it even more sad and romantic as well ? 

Yes, that is how deep their love is. Gosh...this is just too romantic in a sad sad way. 

jj6928366:

He would not allow it. That is why he gave her the scale when she lost consciousness, so she won't die. His plan of only him getting sacrificed was fool proof. In the novel, she rushed towards the All-in-Distress way but he made sure she won't be able to die with him. In the drama, after she lost consciousness before that last scene of him breaking the evil bones, He gave her the scale, making sure she will survive.

Yes, to the ending. The drama itself did not reveal the direction of the ending until the very end of the last episode.  Although I would love to see a happy family together at the end. But this was only fair to TTJ, he need not to suffer anymore.  I don’t think I would want to see LSS died together because if this is the case, we will never meet TTJ’s daughter isn’t it?