Arbaz Akhtar:

Hahaha 

Lolllll

Thanks a lot for the updates all this while. Its finally coming, the wait was worth it. Ahh I am so hyped ^^

Thank you for the report @sjadvocate :) But majority of the URL's give me 403 error for me... :(

I have Disney plus so I am set but I will watch it on whoever is showing it lol

Wow this is great news, I've actually been speculating that JOL2 would be something within 34 to 38 episodes...they just changed it on my dramalist to 36 

Thank you so much for the updates SJ

Great news!  Thanks!  I hope that other companies like Viki also stream season 2.

17 of May, I have heard.

Fuzi:

*clicks photo for excitement*

403 Forbidden. 

Hi All - I've uploaded the photos from my previous post on JOL2 photos section so you can go there to view. 

@Fuzi

@Arbaz Akhtar

A lot more movement for JOL2. Production company has formally announced it will air on CCTV8. Date though to be announced. 

Hi All, 

A few more good and not so good updates: 

- It's been confirmed that Special Edition version of JOL1 will air on CCTV8 on May 12 through May 15 for 16 episodes. However, Tencent released episodes of the special edition already on their site so you can start watching it (has English subs): 

- Please note I believe  the Tencent released version has 25 episodes but the CCTV8 version has 16 episodes. I am not 100% sure how this will pan out given the episode count is different. Also the special edition doesn't just make cuts to the original JOL1 but also replaces some scenes with different ones. To avoid giving away spoilers I won't go into more details about the differences.  I highly recommend you all watching the original 46 episode version of JOL1 if you have time and then watch the Special Edition version for it's differences. 

- There are rumors that tomorrow an official JOL2 premiere video will be officially released and that tomorrow production will confirm the official air date of JOL2. The rumor comes from a pretty "good" source but it is still NOT from the production company so I'll wait and see. Specifically, the rumor is the following will happen tomorrow - May 9th:

• 10:10am - Video showing the official JOL2 air date will be released. 
  • 10:30am - Official poster of our ML and our Emperor will be released. 
  • 12:00pm - Shanghai official JOL2 road show (advanced screening I believe with appearances from JOL main cast) will take place
  • 2:00pm - Series of Videos related to JOL2 air date will be released. This is different than the video shown at 10:10am. 

- I am very sad to share that Wang Juan (screenwriter) is still working on the script for JOL3. Wang Juan recently shared in an interview he is still working on it so it will take a while before JOL3 comes out. Wang Juan promised it won't take another 5 years of waiting but he did take 3 years to write JOL2 and what he wrote (for JOL1 and JOL2) hasn't even covered 1/2 of the text in the full JOL novel series so there's a lot of content that needs to be covered in JOL23. Thus, not sure how long it'll take. The somewhat good news is that Wang Juan re-assured viewers that all the famous and well known scenes in JOL will happen in JOL3. Wang Juan is also a big fan of JOL the novel/book series so at least it might be worth the wait. Let's just focus on JOL2 which if everything is accurate we can confirm air date by tomorrow and leave the waiting game for afterwards. 

Oh - a few more things to share

- Someone posted many of the videos of extras and scenes from JOL2 that are on JOL's official Weibo page here. The site also features videos from JOL2 cast members talking about the filming process and other thoughts. If you understand Chinese and don't mind being spoiled, feel free to watch the videos here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6099686320080191/?ref=share&paipv=0&eav=AfYAcW7TwG7VlUt1BDKFP3QFrHItGB8HHHypUeQ2IRUwGCwGLDGax3c65BXyknSlPBs&_rdr

- Last time I posted on May 10 - Central China Broadcasting Hosts will put on JOL audio drama. I had assumed they would only cover JOL1 contents but recently I saw a poster of what characters the hosts were casted on and many of them are characters for JOL2. Thus, I did some more research and can now confirm that the 70 person lead audio drama is for JOL2!! How exciting! Those who understand Chinese can read this article and watch a video of them recording for it:  https://app.xinhuanet.com/news/article.html?articleId=cb76d8a06957eb20b25b88bb34e8486a

IT IS OFFICIAL. - Production company announced officially on their website JOL2 will air on May 16. 

Go here to watch official air date video (in Chinese): https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:5031945038397450?from=old_pc_videoshow

Wooww!! Thanks. Cant find trailer in english

Forgot one more update (thanks to another dramalist member who posted  this):

May 16th : premiers with 4 episodes
Monday to Friday : 2 episode at 19:30 China Time
Saturday & Sunday : 1 episode at 19:30 China Time

Thanks for the constant updates! ^^