mparthur:

ZWY is another one.  Viewers weep for him when he expresses his sorrow.  

Oh, yes! He definitely is. First time watching him as well together with TJC and they are both phenomenal 👏👏👏

Kim MC:

I could not agree more with this statement.  All the actors in this drama deserve praise for their work, but there is always one that stands apart.  I've often heard it called the "it" factor, and in this drama, hands down, this is Tan Jian Ci. To stand utterly still and yet convey a range of emotions displays a mastery of their craft.  I cannot wait to see what he does next. 

Indeed ~

Will be planning to watch his drama, Under the Skin, after LYF S1 ends.

chase_kayden:

Indeed ~

Will be planning to watch his drama, Under the Skin, after LYF S1 ends.

That’s a very good one too. Detective and great chemistry of bromance. I discovered TJC through that drama, and I am impressed so far of his acting. Although he has been in this field for a long time, in C drama, there are too many male actors. So hopefully through LYF, more people will discover him.

I’m not sure if this has been brought up, but it just occurred to me that XY must realizes XL loves her when she finds out the truth about the love bugs she put in both of them. 

The bugs can only go to people who had love in their hearts for each other.  The fact that she could lure it into XL would be an admission of XL's love for her.

Maybe I’m just grasping at straws but I hope so.

Thanks for this discussion thread and those who share valuable information about the novel. It gives more depth and understanding of XY and XL’s tragic love story. IMO, XL really loves XY so much that his sacrifices for her, he doesn’t even want her to know because he doesn’t want her to be sadden with grief. He knew she will grief for him very much, hence he erased all memories. And he kept the last hidden message probably in hope after many years, she will no longer remember him and live a full happy life with Jing, and if she finds it, maybe it will be a good memory for her to keep. I do feel it’s so cruel as well not allowing XY to love him or know all that he had done, but maybe that’s the only way a demon snake know how to protect his love one. I have a strong gut feel that season 1 will end with XL’s death.

Oh I watched Under The Skin first cos that was his big breakout last year, and seeing all the hype for LYF filming and his role, I went to read the book. The book doesnt tell us his thoughts but man seeing him show us how XL feels, he really slayed.

I really hope to see him in a another xianxia as a ML and wuxia too cos i dont really watch moderns 

Megumi-H:

Thanks for this discussion thread and those who share valuable information about the novel. It gives more depth and understanding of XY and XL’s tragic love story. IMO, XL really loves XY so much that his sacrifices for her, he doesn’t even want her to know because he doesn’t want her to be sadden with grief. He knew she will grief for him very much, hence he erased all memories. And he kept the last hidden message probably in hope after many years, she will no longer remember him and live a full happy life with Jing, and if she finds it, maybe it will be a good memory for her to keep. I do feel it’s so cruel as well not allowing XY to love him or know all that he had done, but maybe that’s the only way a demon snake know how to protect his love one. I have a strong gut feel that season 1 will end with XL’s death.

ah he can't die yet, cos then they all die lol he needs to be alive to keep her alive and to keep TSJ alive , see he did as much as TSJ did to help CX secure the political alliance for the throne. 

TurboMuffin:

Oh I watched Under The Skin first cos that was his big breakout last year, and seeing all the hype for LYF filming and his role, I went to read the book. The book doesnt tell us his thoughts but man seeing him show us how XL feels, he really slayed.

I really hope to see him in a another xianxia as a ML and wuxia too cos i dont really watch moderns 

Same! Someone posted on the main LYF page of an upcoming political ancient drama, Schemes of the Official Descendant, with both of them as leads. I don’t think drama and casting have been officially confirmed, but it’s promising!

TurboMuffin:

Oh yes, from an idol to acting. I really feel that he nailed it in every role he has been given. Even some of his earlier works who didn’t have much recognition, it was really good acting. I heard he has some modern rom-com coming up, one with Zhou Ye and one with Wang Chu Ran. But also hopefully his Wu Xia’s detective drama get air too. 

Sorry to take this space to talk so much about TJC, but just super impressed by how he has portray XL and FFB. The subtle facial emotions tell so much, and very natural. And when I read the background story about XL shared here, I felt it make so much sense on his ambivalent towards XY.

XY’s indecisiveness about XL reminds me a lot of Jin Mi in ashes of love when she had the love blocking pill. 

In episode 25, she tells him to leave after he heals and says this is their goodbye, but then looks disappointed when she come backs and he is gone.

The love blocking pill in this drama is XY’s rational mind and loyalties   

Megumi-H:

That’s a very good one too. Detective and great chemistry of bromance. I discovered TJC through that drama, and I am impressed so far of his acting. Although he has been in this field for a long time, in C drama, there are too many male actors. So hopefully through LYF, more people will discover him.

Heard a lot of good things about Under the Skin so will definitely watch it. I have a watch buddy who's also a simp for TJC.. haha.

Yeah, I think after LYF, he'll be more recognized.

Megumi-H:

I remember someone telling me, XL didn't even allow XY to love him. Only he can love her, but not vice versa.

Furball:

Same! Someone posted on the main LYF page of an upcoming political ancient drama, Schemes of the Official Descendant, with both of them as leads. I don’t think drama and casting have been officially confirmed, but it’s promising!

Ah, I think this is the Di Mou one? Last February, the author of the novel wanted to cast TJC and YZ. I think the recent rumor for the ML now is Gong Jun. But I hope seeing him and YZ on LYF, the casting person would still stick to the original one, TJC and YZ. They deserve another chance to be leads in a drama ~

Furball:

XY’s indecisiveness about XL reminds me a lot of Jin Mi in ashes of love when she had the love blocking pill. 

In episode 25, she tells him to leave after he heals and says this is their goodbye, but then looks disappointed when she come backs and he is gone.

The love blocking pill in this drama is XY’s rational mind and loyalties   

Ah I remember Jin Mi, in that role she can’t feel love so she is cold. As XY, she can love but she choose to be heartless and cruel to others because of her past trauma. I wonder which is more suffering, ignorant or knowing yet refused.

“I remember someone telling me, XL didn't even allow XY to love him. Only he can love her, but not vice versa.”

Really? I didn't get that from today's episodes... I felt XY was being a little cruel to him… maybe I’m reading too much into it.