chase_kayden:

I see. Do post it here if you find it. Thanks ~

Hi, I found it. So I realized she didn't say much about him coming to see her but the bug thing that they share should be enough for him to know that she wants him to come. Plus she paid five times the price for her message to be delivered quickly and if she didn't want him to come she wouldn't need him to see it. So I guess it's implied? Plus the previous scene I wrote about with her waiting for XL by the sea and the comments her sister made.

It's in chp 31. as well. Here's the excerpt: 

[Xiao Yao stared at the ice crystal ball and said, "This is the last time."

Xiao Ya wrapped the ice crystal ball in a demon bear pelt and sent it along with a letter inside a jade container. She went to the Tu Shan clan messenger shop and paid five times more than usual to deliver it as soon as possible to Qing Shiu Town. 

Inside the jade container was a letter with only one short message: "In two months I am getting married. This is the last poison I will make for you. Please accept with a smile." ]

Hope this helps.

mparthur:

I watched A Lifetime Love which tells the story of XY's parents.  It's rather sad as her father sacrificed himself to save her mother.  But, her mother never died.  She remained to look after her dead lover's grave.

Does anyone know the third part of this Book of Mountain and Seas trilogy?  Or, has it not been written by Tong Hua?

Hmmm...I'm not sure..I'll try and look into it. 

Mina:

How do you guys manage to continue watching despite knowing his/their fate? After recently finishing the novel, I feel so sad for them. I really wish (and it’s highly unlikely) XL gets a better ending on screen. Idc if it breaks with his character, I desperately want some form of justice (XY clearly knows his feelings not just some open ended situation) or happiness for him (reincarnation/appearance/anything). 

What a drama! The level of empathy in watching this drama is record-breaking. They all did great!

Falling in love is being open to suffering! But compare it with living in a loveless life. I believe XL was lucky to fall in love with XY even without sexual intimacy. He was happy since he, our demon,  sacrificed everything just for his love and in the end to help XY to have a happy life with her true loved one. XL life is A Tragedy, but falling in love is his sweet tragedy among all from XL perspective. He found the One and experienced so much intimate and profound time with her. I don't think XY would ever forget him just as he wished when he said " I want you to remember me". I agree with you on giving him a second chance in his next life to be with her, he deserves it!

@Sirry Usly Thank you ~ 

Hmm.. I can't seem to quote long posts here.

I guess the wedding will happen on S2.

Sirry Usly:

Hmmm...I'm not sure..I'll try and look into it. 

Thank you.  I am unable to read Chinese.

chase_kayden:

It's not about the destination, but the journey is why I'm still watching it. I rarely watch something if I'm already spoiled by the ending. But somehow LYF compelled me to do otherwise. I like that it's engaging. I've already come to terms with the ending of XL. TJC is giving such a phenomenal job as XL so I don't wanna miss it ~

"it is about the journey..." You said it so beautifully! Love it.

Noush:

"it is about the journey..." You said it so beautifully! Love it.

Thank you ~

Heartbreaking as it is, I just wanna savor every moment of it.

I also love their OST. Jason Zhang & Tan Jian Ci has great songs..

chase_kayden:

Thank you ~

Heartbreaking as it is, I just wanna savor every moment of it.

I think XL kind of believes in it as well. In the end, he had lots of precious time with his love and was not a loner anymore. He died with his heart captured with love, and not hate. Isn't it sort of a happy ending for him?

As short as their time together was, I felt it was the most intense.  XL lived life on his own terms and to the fullest, so I don't think he regrets anything...  Otherwise, he would have chosen a different path.  He died fulfilled and happy to have experienced what he had with XY.    TBH,  XL and XY's relationship will be the one I  will remember the most from this drama given how deep, tragic, polarizing (XL vs FFB), soulful, and beautiful despite its imperfections.  

tofuscramble:

As short as their time together was, I felt it was the most intense.  XL lived life on his own terms and to the fullest, so I don't think he regrets anything...  Otherwise, he would have chosen a different path.  He died fulfilled and happy to have experienced what he had with XY.    TBH,  XL and XY's relationship will be the one I  will remember the most from this drama given how deep, tragic, polarizing (XL vs FFB), soulful, and beautiful despite its imperfections.  

I agree! So, We can sing the song " I did it my way"...Regret? I have a few...But I did it (lived) my way.

tofuscramble:

I agree. It isn’t that short either and this what helps me heal a bit. In novel, he taught her archery for 10 years, they lived together in the clam for 37 years, and who knows how long they knew each other before in Qing Shui town. In total, they had about 50 years together. Short for the gods, but a lifetime of marriage if you are lucky for us mortals…

Mina:

I agree. It isn’t that short either and this what helps me heal a bit. In novel, he taught her archery for 10 years, they lived together in the clam for 37 years, and who knows how long they knew each other before in Qing Shui town. In total, they had about 50 years together. Short for the gods, but a lifetime of marriage if you are lucky for us mortals…

OMG 50 years? That's heaven. For our XL every second counts!...and in the end, he staged his heroic/tragic death. So the winner could be both XL and Jing, how about that?

They had more than 50 years. XY mentions somewhere how they spent I think a hundred years together? I think it's in the part where she is grieving his death. 

I don't think XL dies just like that.  He has nine lives, doesn't it?