It may not be suitable however I need it, I like stories that don't have too much romance and obviously set in the past... it reminded me a lot of Mr Sunshine and I would like to continue watching another historical after this drama ends, which one do you recommend?

My Dearest reminds me a lot of The Red Sleeve. If you don't like sad dramas however, do not watch it.

edit: the slave hunters (Chuno) is about the story of crown prince So-hyun (same as in My Dearest) so if you want a drama set in exactly the same time there is also that!

ParkTaeNaw:

It may not be suitable however I need it, I like stories that don't have too much romance and obviously set in the past... it reminded me a lot of Mr Sunshine and I would like to continue watching another historical after this drama ends, which one do you recommend?

The Red Sleeve and The Princess's Man

The Red Sleeve and Queen for Seven Days. 

SummerM:

My Dearest reminds me a lot of The Red Sleeve. If you don't like sad dramas however, do not watch it.

I actually love kdrama with sad ending... I'll watch it then!

TLS:

The Red Sleeve and Queen for Seven Days. 

thank u so much!!

<Moon lovers : Scarlet heart Ryeo>, <Empress Ki>, <The Bridal Mask> . These are old, but these were so famous in Korea. Even now Many Korean can't forget these masterpieces.

I forgot about Moon Lovers and Empress Ki, I loved both of them. 

my favourite drama is the princess' man

Rebel: thief who stole the people

Nokdu flower 

The tale of Nokdu (this one might have more romance than you'd like though)

Try - Bossam: Steal the Fate. A good drama for sageuk lover) Romance are subtle and elegant and story-wise it's kinda remind me My Dearest vibes.

I also love less to zero romance sageuks. If you have time to watch 50+ episodes please check Six Flying Dragons, my fave(tie with Mr. Sunshine), Byun Yohan (Kim Hui Seong of Mr. Sunshine) is one of the main characters here as well. 

If you don't have much free time, try Bloody Heart. 

For Me As Salieandoppas Said Mr Sunshine they are different shows yet There is something about the Heart and Soul of the Main Leads and the Silent Love They Share <3

Key:

Try - Bossam: Steal the Fate. A good drama for sageuk lover) Romance are subtle and elegant and story-wise it's kinda remind me My Dearest vibes.

Totally agree with you.

The Red Sleeve

The Princess Man

Both have romance as important to their shows however they are really intertwined with the political and other elements of the plot to make a really good drama. Both dramas I mentioned got high ratings when the dramas aired and were both nominated at Baeksang.

You may also try Rebel Thief who Stole the People by the same writers as My Dearest. 

You can watch War of the Arrows if you want to see a movie focused on Qing Invasion of Joseon. 

I'd like to recommend older dramas like Jumong or Empress Ki (also involves foreigners falling in love with Koreans) or Six Flying Dragons but they might be too long for your tastes.