For those who would be interested, and fans who would like to add more, I have created a mini profile of Chen Xingxu, with illustrations.  It includes various data, an overview of his screen work, details of location and filming dates of the two January 2024 dramas, a presentation about  his banned drama (and link to the novel in translation), the latest news about his upcoming drama, and a GIF excerpt from the trailer that aired a few hours ago on January 16, 2023.   Enjoy!
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/the-interpreter/122523-chen-xing-xu-mini-profile

To come back to the My Boss drama page, just click on the title of the drama, in the mini Profile.

Thanks for doing this, I this guy is really good in this role!

«It's rare to find a generous and warm-hearted capitalist like you» 

The play is adapted from Ye Feiran 's novel What Comes around Goes around (你也有今天 literally translates as "You Too Got Today" [web translation]). It tells the story of Qian Heng 钱恒, the founder of Jun Heng Law Firm in "Jiangcheng" city, and Cheng Yao 成瑶, a rookie lawyer, who unexpectedly became roommates with her boss for a short period. He was cold and only interested in results and money, as his name "Qian" ( =money) announced, but he also suffered from insomnia.

Relevant excerpt from the mini profile for My Boss :

The romantic comedy My Boss  (你也有今天) was scheduled to air from January 8, 2024 but got slotted in from January 4, a few days before Our Interpreter, bringing a strange sense of competition between the actor's roles in the two different dramas.  

My Boss had been produced by Shanghai Ningmeng Film and Television Media Co., Ltd., shot from April 28 to  August 4, 2023  [in a coastal city south of Shanghai]  to be released on Youku and Linmon Media (YouTube). The romantic comedy was also opted in for the Rakuten Viki platform. Domestically, it gained attention as a sweet show fit for the younger audience, and earned by January 14 an impressive 9000 heat index, driven by romance and fluff fans and by the fans of the web novel it is adapted from : "What Comes Around Goes Around" (你也有今天) by Ye Fei Ran (叶斐然).       

Dramapanda described the battle for airing spot : "My Boss started airing first on Youku at 18:00 [Jan.4]. Our Interpreter, initially set for a 20:00 premiere on Hunan TV / Mango TV yesterday, January 8, took everyone by surprise when it was suddenly rescheduled to air at 12:00. My Boss followed suit, announcing a shift to an even earlier time at 11:00 on the same day. The unexpected plot twist off-screen has gotten people joking that Chen Xingxu’s fans would have a hard time keeping up since it looks like the platforms airing his shows aren’t willing to be outdone by the other. ... To think he has a third drama, iQIYI’s Ni De Huang Yan Ye Dong Ting 你的谎言也动听 [Your Lies are Beautiful], opposite Zhang Yuxi which has yet to secure an air date."

***** Playlist (drama still airing as of Jan.21, 2024)

• My Boss, starring CXX and Zhang Ruonan, 36 episodes, is available on Viki with several languages subtitles 

Zhang Ruonan (as Cheng Yao the young lawyer) and Chen Xingxiu (as Qian Heng  her boss and co-renter with insomnia problem, but extremely successful professional record) 

PLAYLIST LINKS
click on picture for direct access to the episodes on the Youtube playlist.
It is also on Viki, or MyAsianTV

HEAT  INDEX

• 01/18 -> 9 500
  • 01/14 -> 9 000
  • 01/08 -> 8 500
  • 01/07 -> 8 000
  • 01/06 -> 7 500
  • 01/06 -> 7 000
  • 01/05 -> 6 500
  • 01/05 -> 6 000
WEIBO OPENING RATING (Jan.20, 2024)
from 7974 ratings

My Boss was still among the top 10 webseries for week 5, 2024 #4 /10  (week ending Feb4)

"Watching for the plot"

My Boss (2024)  from CXX Weibo

"The plot looks handsome" : some drama watchers had fun gently and gleeful lampooning the comedy, using well-chosen pictures from the Chen Xingxu Weibo social media pages!

Note about Heat Rating (from the Dreams log: 10k is the limit [on Youku] and the score can't be higher. For dramas that reached 10k, the popularity is evaluated by his capacity to stay at 10k.

Note about Weibo rating: The Weibo rating is an aggregated data of ratings by Weibo social media users in China :  it is another clue to popularity there (everything over 7 is quite popular).   There are other ones, such as the Vlinkage daily and weekly rating, which draw on more such as social media discussions generated by a drama.

Feb1,2024 - all 36 episodes out, but only a nice proposal in a nighttime scene, on deserted  stairs outside between high rises.  Those who follow Weibo  found this "wedding" addendum for what it's worth.

Perhaps an additional episode might be needed.