Just finished the teaser for the next episode and this means that Lyla is a physical being right? Her attacking Bew like that - unless it's a ghost that can do such things lmao. But that definitely was her attacking him right?

Bew´s impression on us could still be a red herring, especially with also Ken focusing Sonar. However, I agree with @cypheraly on the point that everyone has their evil trades. In the beginning  I thought the escalation of this scenario was rather unrealistic but the more secrets are revealed, the general fact all of them strive to survive/ revenge mostly for some reasonable reasons is surpassing my first thought. It’s actually quite realistic, maybe not to the extreme and complexity of their youth stories, but their willingness to kill. Most people would most likely act similar in their situation, stuck with some of the people who have hurt them the most, no food, no other clothes, someone got killed in the first night, they get betrayed and they never have been trained to survive and have to rely on their basic survival/ primal instincts. So what is the most normal reaction? Very cliché "Eat or to be eaten". It could be used both in metaphorical sense but at this point, I also wouldn’t be surprised  if someone turned into a cannibal  out of devastation. 

cypheraly:

Just finished the teaser for the next episode and this means that Lyla is a physical being right? Her attacking Bew like that - unless it's a ghost that can do such things lmao. But that definitely was her attacking him right?

It could have also been Lilly? Poor guy will get his omelette served.

One interesting thing to notice is how deliberate the show is being with its cuts. So far it seems like everything we actually see does happen, there are no scenes that are just straight up fake. What we don't see but is implied, however... For example, we were shown Mind recording the clip and looking at it on her phone, but she wasn't shown actually leaking it. The biggest implications of this right now could be Sonar not actually cutting Bew's fingers off or knocking Bozo out to escape, since all of those were cut and not actually shown. We should assume that everyone that isn't explicitly shown didn't go as it might look like. 

torfight:

One interesting thing to notice is how deliberate the show is being with its cuts. So far it seems like everything we actually see does happen, there are no scenes that are just straight up fake. What we don't see but is implied, however... For example, we were shown Mind recording the clip and looking at it on her phone, but she wasn't shown actually leaking it. The biggest implications of this right now could be Sonar not actually cutting Bew's fingers off or knocking Bozo out to escape, since all of those were cut and not actually shown. We should assume that everyone that isn't explicitly shown didn't go as it might look like. 

Good point!

Hi, everyone!! Sorry to barge in but after episode 8 I NEED to know what you guys think because even if we now know that Sonar and Lilly are behind it like we predicted I still have so many questions, like if they're not doing this to avenge Lyla, then why exactly are they doing this?? is it related to Bew? because Dan attacked Bew for 'what he did to Lilly' so I wonder what is it that we still don't know. And is it always Lilly every time we see Lyla on the island or sometimes is she really just an allucination?

Also I keep wondering how are Plato and Ken tied to this mess, because right now they just seem like their only 'fault' was being Gel's and Fone's boyfriends, but I'm sure that, just like with Nest, there's more to their story.

Oh man! It's nice to see we were right about Lilly. Right now it seems like the key to figure out what's going on is no longer to pinpoint who hates who, but who liked who.

Lyla: I had some doubts but it's a bit clearer now, she used to like Mac, then was probably a bit charmed by Bew who her family would definitely appreciate more, but then she realized she didn't have feelings for him but didn't want to take Mac back and away from Nest now that the two had bonded. The breakup/kiss scene seems a bit sudden to me, they're never really shown as a passionate couple so it made me wonder if any of them/both of them had any ulterior motives behind it. Bew was on his phone before Lyla got there, maybe he had alerted someone that he was there? I assume it's when Mind filmed the video since it seems to be that storage closet. I don't think she was just walking by, I think someone told her to be there. But since it seems so out of character for Lyla to let herself go there, I wonder if she's the one who staged it instead? Bew does say that she's the one who called him there, so... Or maybe they were both in on it? Not sure but there's surely something more about it going on. Also we know that Mind filmed it and Nest leaked it, but we don't know who the random twitter account that uploaded the clip and followed Nest is. It may not have been Mind.

Bew: he probably did like Lyla at some point but as he was pursuing her he fell for Nest. I wonder why he continued to go after Lyla even when he knew he didn't like her. It might have been a matter of status, since his father doesn't seem like a great guy (are there any ok fathers in this show?) he didn't want to openly date Nest?

So Bew liked Nest who liked Mac who liked Lyla who liked Mac back but couldn't be with him anymore? Something like that. This gave Nest a reason to be jealous of Lyla and do what we now know she did.

Mind and Bozo are pretty straightforward, I think they both had feelings for each other but Mind pushed him away after finding out about the cancer because she didn't want him to suffer through it. It should be confirmed or denied in the flashback we see in the preview. But why is Bozo there? Is he only there as Bew's friend? So far he doesn't seem to have done anything to Lilly or Lyla, he didn't help Mind film the clip and he wasn't with Bew when he was beating up Mac so they weren't that close back then.

We know all about the Gel/Fone/Plato/Ken square even though we don't know why they're there. If Lilly is not actually out to get revenge on her sister, what's the deal with the four of them? It's interesting to note that Lilly didn't seem to know who leaked the clip, so maybe she invited them to get as many suspects on the island as possible? But again she's not there to get revenge on her sister and the preview looks like she might let Nest go, so her main goal was not to find whoever leaked the clip.

Things get a lot more complicated when we try to figure out how Lilly, Sonar and Dan fit into this relationship mess. Dan is probably the easiest to pinpoint, he liked Lilly but she was probably just dating him out of convenience/boredom/some nefarious plan. We have no idea what Bew did to Lilly that Dan knew about.

A detail that's worth mentioning is that we've heard that Bew did something bad to Lilly and we've heard that he abused Sonar and now the two of them are allied against him. This latest flashback of him beating Mac up for kissing Lyla cements the fact that he is not simply misunderstood but he's actually very mean and violent. I assume that it was Lilly herself that told him about the kiss. -> It seems like Lilly wanted to break Lyla and Mac up, just like Nest (justified because she liked Mac) and Sonar (we still don't know why, maybe Lilly asked her to?)

So it seems to me that we don't know who Lilly or Sonar liked. We know they both had reasons to dislike Lyla, both wanted Mac to break up with her, and we know that Bew hurt them both even though we don't know why. They definitely planned this in advance, Sonar was the first to defend Lilly in ep 1 when Gel and Fone accused her of sending the text. Lilly is wearing a school uniform now which means she must have brought it with her and her plan seems to be pretty advanced.  

It was interesting hearing Lilly say she's not sure if Bew is still alive, does it mean she left him bleeding to death or does it mean that she wasn't the one who hurt him and it was actually Lyla? I think Lilly might have been the one to cut his fingers when he was alone with Sonar and that's what she's referring to, but then Lyla got there -> which leads me to my last point, I still think Lyla is there in some form. If the big reveal was that the visions of Lyla are just Lilly, they should have stopped by now but Gel saw Lyla after that. So there's both Lilly and Lyla/ghost!Lyla on the island. We already knew this since we saw Lilly see Lyla when she ran in the woods in one of the earliest eps. Personally I hope it's not just a ghost because I don't want the fantasy element to be used to explain certain things. If she's just a ghost/figment of their immagination then I don't want her to have any impact on the events unless it's to get someone to kill themselves etc

The more I wrote the more I realized we really have no clue why Lilly or Sonar are doing this, since revenge for Lyla is not their plan. Lilly said at first that it's her secondary motive, but then she seems to deny it's her reason at all. So she's not going after people who wronged her sister but after people who wronged her, but we really have no clue who they are outside of Lyla and possibly Bew. I still think she 100% killed Mac, though, and it was her first victim and he's gotten the worst treatment so far so I wonder what he did to her other than like his sister.

So not entirely surprised that Lilly isn't dead. They kinda proved if you don't see it it didn't happen - and even if you did see it, it might not have happened. With Lilly and Sonar working together I almost wonder if it's mixed reasons as to why they're all on the island - where there's no one overreaching one reason for it but just that they're all involved with one or the other's reasoning if that makes sense? Because Ken seemed adamant that it was Sonar doing this, which means he probably knows something that would give Sonar what she feels to be justification, which could be why Ken and Plato are involved just because it can be assumed if Ken knows Plato probably does too. And Lilly insisted that the clip ruined her life, too so Gel and Fone being assumed by people to be the ones involved in it explains why they were brought into the whole thing along with Mind and Nest. Mac seems to be someone that Lilly had a thing against simply because he liked Lyla? And Bozo could just be dragged along because of his ties to everyone without actually having done anything to get revenge on? Dan and Bew seem to be kind of in between? Bew has ties to both what happened to Sonar and Lilly's upset at I guess anyone who loved Lyla? Because that's what it seemed to me from the flashbacks and everything, that she's just bitter and awful about feeling so scored because these people liked her sister but not her. Add in that Bew seemed to have done something to Lilly explains why both Sonar and Lilly would want him involved. Dan could have just been dragged along because of his ties to Bew but also if he knew about what Bew did to Lilly before the island (or was assumed to have known) maybe he was brought because of that.

I almost wonder if Gel is imagining seeing Lyla because of her guilt/grief and hearing from other people that Lyla is on the island and that most of the times we've seen Lyla it was actually Lilly

I still think we're missing some key elements to explain the reasoning behind everything that keys it all together, though. Especially since they've several times teased knowledge of something but never explained it.

Also when did Mind make that recording for Bozo? I kind of hope he gets to hear it so he knows that she did love him. I still don't fully trust him but still, it would be good for him, I think. Otherwise he might get a bit out of control like Ken. Cause even though no one seems to have outright murdered her, her being on the island without her medications and without having access to a doctor like she probably needed didn't really help her any. And that could lead to technically misplaced blame.

Since this series is kind of my fuel to be motivated nowadays and always eager to watch "Remember 15" in the evening without the guilt to have neglected my duties, I am more than ready to jump into this conversation with all of you. :)) BTW don´t forget to watch the ending credits of episode 8. ;)

Neglection is also a new topic/ motive that got added to the main plot. Lilly being the neglected sister and in the shadows of Lyla is a reason why she´s not planning this to revenge someone she has been averted to her whole life. However, new information is important and the series doesn´t disappoint to trick the audience into thinking the "revenge for Lyla" was the main reason for this masacre.

starlightely:
like if they're not doing this to avenge Lyla, then why exactly are they doing this?? is it related to Bew? because Dan attacked Bew for 'what he did to Lilly' so I wonder what is it that we still don't know. And is it always Lilly every time we see Lyla on the island or sometimes is she really just an allucination?

It´s definitely related to the possesive playboy Bew in many means. For now,/ in most episodes, it seems like he is the centre of all problems. And because this is the case, I think what they´re serving us here could most likely be a red herring / one of the traps they keep preparing for us.  Everyone´s turned their backs on Bew and he is even severe wounded, as much as to probably turn into a monstrous revenge-seeking brute or die. The latter would be less likely since they didn´t clearly show his death as in how we mentioned before. Only on-screen dead is really dead. Very obvious example: Lilly.

torfight:
beating Mac up for kissing Lyla cements the fact that he is not simply misunderstood but he's actually very mean and violen

Agreed. He is extremely possessive of what he wants and he hates Mac. This reminds me of one of my theories that the sequels they showed us are sometimes wrong in their timing. Maybe the stab scene / some of the scenes happened later? Like, they showed the stabbing scene in episode 1 but it could be more relevant than just Bew giving those flowers to Lyla/ asking her out. I think the flashbacks could be numerated/ not timed correctly and therefore causing confusion in the story / the audience. Just a theory. Not really relevant right now. Dan may be relevant in the future again tho, I feel there is some story connected to him. As well as to Plato, Ken and Bozo. I doubt that only Sonar and Lilly are in the focus of the next episodes. I really wonder what has happened. However, since Bew was such a huge topic the last few episodes, he may become irrelevant soon? Just a thought.

torfight:
Lilly or Sonar are doing this, since revenge for Lyla is not their plan. Lilly said at first that it's her secondary motive, but then she seems to deny it's her reason at all. So she's not going after people who wronged her sister but after people who wronged her, but we really have no clue who they are outside of Lyla and possibly Bew. I still think she 100% killed Mac, though, and it was her first victim and he's gotten the worst treatment so far so I wonder what he did to her other than like his sister.

Well, now we are at another milestone. We got introduced to the first big reveal of secrets and stories. On our way to episode 8, we lost 6 characters. (Chai, Mac, Dan, Plato, Mind, Fone). We are back at 0 with our clues. Bozo could have maybe had more to do with the second half of Lilly´s suffering or Lyla´s (maybe) death. Next week, the 7 will need to discuss the even bigger issue: WHY did Lilly and Sonar plan this together? How will Gel evolve in this situation, will she stay this fragile and anxious? Is she the parameter to appeal to how bullies will end up one day and how weak they truly are when the world comes smashing down on them? If so, I am in! :D Bullies suck!

torfight:
But why is Bozo there?

The most innocent reason: He wanted to spend some time with Mind.
The rather non-innocent reason: He killed Lyla and is afraid people could find out about it while he is not present and he felt most safe in Bew´s presence / or / he hurt Lilly and Sonar and also wanted to see Mind and how the past difficulties have faded/ remained the same or changed for the worse.

I am somewhat glad we were wrong with last week's predictions, Bew deserves to rot but we also needed some truth and since he was the centre of the problems, it would have sucked to kill him off. However, he didn´t have much screentime in both episodes. In episode 7 he lost consciousness and in episode 8 his lower part had to suffer/ disconnect.

torfight:
breakup/kiss scene seems a bit sudden to me, they're never really shown as a passionate couple so it made me wonder if any of them/both of them had any ulterior motives behind it

Trust me tho when I tell you that I screamed at the scene because it felt like he first tried to force her and I was prepared for it to be revealed as assault too and then they thankfully turned it into a consent interest of both. But it seemed very ominous, I thought so too. It seems to be the room/ the day they enjoyed themselves tho.

I am so glad we´re discussing all of this, it makes the entire experience even more vivid and intense. :)
Have a good week! ^^

cypheraly:
I still think we're missing some key elements to explain the reasoning behind everything that keys it all together, though. Especially since they've several times teased knowledge of something but never explained it.

I could not agree more with your entire post, especially with this quote. We are back at having insufficient knowledge of their background which leaves us no room to judge the situation.
Additionally, it leaves us to wait another week, maybe some coherent new theories ideas will pop up during these days, who knows? ^^ At this point, we might all kinda be relieved that our Lilly/Sonar and Uncle Chai theories were both right. It implies that we might get at least some of the messages and red flags. :D

I'm still behind but I read the spoiler in this thread that Sonar/Lilly are the killers? Is it completely revealed or is it just vaguely implied, because I'm a bit disappointed.  Also I guess my theory about someone killing her/staging Lyla's suicide might be right but is it revealed who killed her already?  I'm on ep 5 but I don't mind spoilers. 

Lyla´s killer is not revealed yet. As for the Sonar/ Lilly collaboration, we don´t know any reasons yet and I am quite sure it won´t be a disappointing turn of things. 

Lin:

Lyla´s killer is not revealed yet.

Ah okay nice. LOL wait replies don't hide spoiler tags

perfect:

Ah okay nice. LOL wait replies don't hide spoiler tags

Yes, I deleted the quote after you saw it. Thank you for reminding me, spoilers are the tools of evil.

[Episode 5] I still think Nest  is the killer or one of the killers but she isn't conspiring with Lilly or Sonar (if they're the masterminds) so fingers crossed for a hopeful plot twist.  I'm sorry but she is making my sus radar go off and I don't care if I'm stretching it. Mind as well.  

Also this made me laugh. Bozo smart.