Since there's no discussion for this show yet, I decided to start one myself!
Alright so what  do we think about the line-up? Yes..no? Who are you all rooting for to enter the Kingdom? Also - any groups that caught your eye after the 90 second performance? Are you happy with how this competition is progressing so far? 

My personal thoughts when I first saw the line-up was oh this definitely won't be a fair game. I mean pitting a rookie boy group like TOO, who straight up debuted like a minute ago, against groups that already have established fan bases seemed like a cruel move. Especially after announcing the elimination system, I felt like they would only just getting the short end of the stick and were only placed in the show as part of Mnet's strategy for promotion. But yeah.. that aside, can I just express how excited I am to see Pentagon finally participate in a TV program not only because I'm a huge Universe but for them being a 5-year old boy group, it's strange that have never gotten significant media exposure on any major Korean Broadcasting channel before. Their company rarely, if ever, sends the members on to variety shows. Kinda sucks that their first variety had to be with MSnake, but I won't complain.

My favorite part of the whole episode was definitely Jangjun's antics. I love Golden Child too!! He's arguably the variety king and ace of Golcha so I predict he will be their stan magnet over the course of the show. :D

Please do let me know your thoughts too!

nice idea, i look forward to seeing what other people think!

I think the line up is pretty good, the only two i question are Pentagon and TOO, maybe The Boyz too. Pentagon is an older group, i kind of feel bad for them and they mightve been more suited to Kingdom. Like you i feel really bad for TOO, i know theyre from Mnet but still... theyre going to be under a lot of pressure! And The Boyz are super popular in Korea, so possibly it could be unfair on the public vote. I do fear because TOO are new they will be the first to go, purely because theyre relatively unknown

Honestly ive stanned all of these groups at one point so its not easy picking a favourite! Right now ONF have a special place in my heart and their music means the world to me so ill be backing them :) However i dont think theyll win (just because of popularity) so in that case i would want Pentagon to win!

I felt bad for Oneus in the 90sec performance, it looks like they underestimated what everyone else would do, even though their stage was fantastic!

haha i loved Jangjun too, he's for sure going to be stealing all the screentime! I generally just liked the fun atmosphere, they all seemed to be relaxed and having a good time (and then Mnet introduced the elimination :((( )

Just watched it! I also think this is a great program,, although there's an elimination now which sucks,, it brings a competitiveness to the groups and a chance for them to show more than they usually can. Especially as not-so-popular groups.

For the 90 second performance, I think Verivery, The Boyz, and Pentagon did the best - SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 1: and they all won first, second, third too OMG!! Who do y'all think did the best in episode 1?? I'd really like to know everyone's opinion on this.

I'm personally rooting for ONEUS cause I know them the most. Their performance for episode 1 wasn't the best I admit. But I know they can do better. I feel like ONEUS are popular internationally but not in Korea??? IDK. Also rooting for Pentagon of course~ I love those dorks. The only groups I don't know at all (sadly) are ONF and TOO.

And I loved Jangjun too!! He's so funny. Him and Hui made the episode cuter. Plus the phone call/texting bit was THE BEST. Haha.

ncteez:
Who do y'all think did the best in episode 1??

oooh tough to say!

Personally im not a huugee fan of the 'badass boy group' concept which most of them chose. I liked Oneus and ONF's more because they included singing, TOO's wasn't too bad but felt more like your standard music show stage. The Boyz, Golcha and Verivery's dancing was very powerful, so i can see why they ranked higher. Sorry to offend but i really wasn't keen on Pentagon's, it was very unique dont get me wrong it just didnt really appeal to me

Sorry that wasnt a definitive answer haha, ill just say i think The Boyz were definitely worthy of first

Catico:
Sorry to offend but i really wasn't keen on Pentagon's, it was very unique dont get me wrong it just didnt really appeal to me

Sorry that wasnt a definitive answer haha, ill just say i think The Boyz were definitely worthy of first

Ooh I get what you mean about Pentagon though. I think they lacked something because when their performance ended I was like- huh? That's it? But I still liked it somehow haha.

The Boyz chose a very good theme with the swords, BEAUTIFUL outfits and traditional themed music - I'm a sucker for that genre/tune of music. I think they did the best too ^^

ncteez:
The Boyz chose a very good theme with the swords, BEAUTIFUL outfits and traditional themed music - I'm a sucker for that genre/tune of music. I think they did the best too ^^

im happy im not the only one who thought that about Pentagon, i was worried people would get mad haha

Yea The Boyz theme was amazing, quite a clever choice as they stood out from all the other groups who went for the angsty concept!