I haven't given a lot of though to the outcomes for the side characters yet. But I do have a theory for our fave couple.  Though there's background on most of them to still be revealed and we only have 3 episodes to do it in.

First I think Dr. Kang is going to end up sacrificing herself for Soo Ho. She owes him a debt for saving his life, pretty sure that's gonna get paid. 

I think Soo Ho is going to end up in a political prison camp (given the whole "based on a political prisoner" thing). I'm also thinking Young Ro will assume him to be dead. And will eventually escape and reunite with Young Ro in the final moments of the series. I think we'll likely here that recording her left for her while he's held captive/assumed dead. 

I agree about the recording also there is a possibility that Soo Ho might die protecting Young Ro

Zero:

I agree about the recording also there is a possibility that Soo Ho might die protecting Young Ro

I am deliberately not thinking about a character death ending even if that's kind of written on the wall at this point,

Seeing as Soo Ho's betrayal is known in NK already, his fate is sealed. Even Gyeok Chan understands this fact, the NK will make sure they all die. 

Soo Ho has to go into hiding, not political prison. Because as long as he is alive, an assassin could easily be sent in to kill Soo Ho for his betrayal. 

As far as NK knows, Moran  Hill 1 is still loyal to them. So this is how I see it ending. In Ep. 13, they brought up again the needle with the liquid to make someone look unconscious, which makes me believe this will be used again on Soo Ho to make him appear dead for people to see, including Young Ro (Romeo and Juliet reference here). Cheong Ya knows the truth, but since he owes Soo Ho a life, she will return to NK, and proclaim that Soo Ho has died, and he will be hailed as a hero, keeping Soo Ho's sister safe. 

And since, NK still thinks Cheong Ya is loyal to the cause they will believe her. She will then, as Soo Ho suggested, go to another country to live out her days, maybe Switzerland or Germany.

Young Ro will be sad because of Soo Ho's "Death", and we will see a time skip, where they will eventually meet, most likely Europe and have her happy ending. I think the recording will be similar to the letter Juliet sends Romeo, about him faking his death. And eventually Young Ro will hear it and that is what spurs her to go to Europe to find him.

Other Ending Predictions

Obviously the ANSP will get ousted and their corruptions shown to the public, they will lose the elections.

I think the true martyr here will be Boon Ok. In a Darth Vader like scene, she will sacrifice either herself, or her freedom to cover or save someone.

Young Ro and her father will reconcile, but her father does go to jail for his actions.

The person who will end up in the political prison I believe will be the mole we have yet to see.

Kimsamsoom:
Soo Ho has to go into hiding, not political prison. Because as long as he is alive, an assassin could easily be sent in to kill Soo Ho for his betrayal. 

I wonder if this is where Lim Ji Rok's influence comes in? I think Soo Ho's sister is still alive merely because her adopted father is who he is, and I wonder if that position will protect Soo Ho at all. 

Kimsamsoom:
The person who will end up in the political prison I believe will be the mole we have yet to see.

ooh okay that's an interesting theory, I'm gonna mull that one over!

Kimsamsoom:
Obviously the ANSP will get ousted and their corruptions shown to the public, they will lose the elections.

So this is interesting because in reality that never happened. The candidate backed by the ruling party actually won the election and prominent figures from the 80s wouldn't get brought up on charges until later, if I recall correctly. And I think the ANSP didn't get an overhaul until 1991? Grain of salt because I don't have it in front of me. But given that they've made them all irredeemable bad guys, most narratives would demand they lose in the end. I've been waiting to see how that part plays out. I supposed we're back to it being purely a work of fiction and it doesn't have to follow the historically accurate outcome. 

Ivy:
I wonder if this is where Lim Ji Rok's influence comes in? I think Soo Ho's sister is still alive merely because her adopted father is who he is, and I wonder if that position will protect Soo Ho at all. 

I found it disappointing that Lim Ji Rok really didn't care about Soo Ho at all, considering how much Soo Ho seemed to care for Lim Ji Rok to the point where he is shedding tears. It's already in the plot that if Soo Ho dies, his father will be a hero, and Soo Ho will be touted as a national hero as well. From Gyeok Chan's POV, no matter where you hide, they will find you to kill traitors, so I can't imagine Soo Ho and Young Ro being able to enjoy their romance if there are always spies hunting Soo Ho. So they need to fake his death somehow. Remember NK doesn't know about Soo Ho's romance with Young Ro, so they would not be hunting Young Ro at all.

Ivy:
So this is interesting because in reality that never happened. The candidate backed by the ruling party actually won the election and prominent figures from the 80s wouldn't get brought up on charges until later, if I recall correctly. Grain of salt because I don't have it in front of me. But given that they've made them all irredeemable bad guys, most narratives would demand they lose in the end. I've been waiting to see how that part plays out. 

Yes, but a lot of stuff in the story so far has been part truth, part fantasy. The writer annoyingly picked and choose what she wanted to be true, and what she didn't want to be true. I have had to take HUGE leaps of political logic to get this far in the show, as a lot of stuff just doesn't make sense.

If we are actually talking about what happened in the show, the ludicrousness of having two second-in-commands vying for position, going to the point of murdering innocents for an election campaign 5 years in the future is a huge leap of logic. But here we are anyway. If you look at Koreas political  history, there is no way this can or will happen.

Because they've painted the bad guys as pure black, their punishment is the only way to end it. The main couple are already being set up as a them vs the world trope, and I only see the bad guys getting their comeuppance as the only logical path for the writing to go.

Ivy:
ooh okay that's an interesting theory, I'm gonna mull that one over!

Yeah, because otherwise, what is the point of having a mole in the first place? There is only 3 episodes left. And if the Old Man, as I suspect is the mole, then it could kind of makes sense, as he could be the narrator of all this things happening or what not. 

Jung hae in described the last scene/last shoot as "physically and mentally challenging" but at the same time most memorable for him.  Huhuhu I am really curious as how they would wrap up this drama

Ok let me flesh out my ending prediction to include more characters. What I expect to see in the next few episodes.

After finding out that Young Ro is the ANSP directors daughter, and Soo Hoo will realize that Kang Moo plans to betray him, Soo Ho and Young Ro will essentially complete the Us vs the world trope. Hye Roung will lead the witch hunt in placing all the blame on Young Ro, and Soo Ho and Kang Mo's bromance will come to a temporary end. Ironically, Boon Ok may finally see Young Ro as an equal. In some ways, Boon Ok will finally see that the dorm is treating Young Ro the same way they treated her. At this point Boon Ok will be Young Ro's only ally, and this will begin Boon Ok's redemption arc.

In the mean time, Cheong Ya will be wheeling and dealing, and eventually full Chief An's wife to give her the money necessary for the scheme. They may try to show some sort of cliffhanger, where it "Seems" Cheong Ya has betrayed them. But in reality, Cheong Ya will not be able to sneak back inside the dorm that easily due to not having a legitimate reason to do so. and she still values her undercover story. But she continues with the rest of the plan and contacts Lim Ji Rok to tell him, she has the money. Lim Ji Rok, angered that Soo Ho has become an insolent puppy, will give Cheong Ya the instruction to kill Soo Ho. Cheong Ya is aware that Hanna is surveilling her and will confront her, they may have a fight scene of some sort, but eventually Cheong Ya will convince Hanna that she wants to help Soo Ho. They hatch a plan of how to re-enter the dorm. Two things may happen, either Hanna and Cheong Ya sneak back in, or Hanna will take Cheong Ya "Hostage" and this will stop Nam Tae il from blowing up the dorm. But before they do this, they will free that reporter Gil.

In the mean time, with Cheong Ya outside, nothing will stop Nam Tae il from surging forward to attack the dorm. But since Eun Chang Su's recovery is being hidden. Being shot has made Eun Chang Su a new man, he finally realizes the sins of his party, and starts constructing a political power play showing the corruption of the ruling party. He creates a black mail documents.

With the attack towards the dorm being inevitable, everyone puts their difference aside and prepare for the attack on the dorm. The ANSP attacks the dorm, and gunfight ensues. During the gunfight in the dorm, some people will get killed, a total of 13 of the girl hostage will be killed. Gyeok Chan finally seeing the error of his way ask Soo Ho for a gun, and covers the exit in rambo style as the rest of the hostage escape outside through the shrine. Gyeok Chan and Eun Cheol, finally putting aside their difference will die defending the hostages. Boon Ok, also dies during this time, but not before Ms. Pi protects her, who also end up dying. We find out the true relationship between Boon Ok and Ms. Pi.

While escaping somehow Soo Ho will "Die", and Young Ro, Kang Moo will witness this. As Young Ro is tearfully wanting to approach Soo Ho's lifeless body, she is dragged away by Kang Moo. The screen will turn to black and we will have a small time skip.

Gil, having been released earlier, will report all the wrong doings of the ANSP. The reason he has so much evidence, because Eun Chang Su finally does the right thing and snitches on all the wrongs of the ruling party. This will eventually end up being the final nail in the coffin, and the ruling party is defeated. Nam Tae il is sent to jail and scapegoated as being the main man that is trying to kill the hostages. The public turns on the ruling party, and on election day the opposition wins. Chief An, ever the opportunist, will attempt to spin things, but Kang Moo and Hanna will bring him up on charges, and he will also go to jail, with Gil actually being living proof of Chief An's corruption.

Gil also reports that all the NK spies have been killed. Cheong Ya returns back to NK and keeping her promise to Soo Ho, she confirms the kill, and Soo Ho's sister remains safe. She eventually moves to a country like her discussion with Soo Ho in Ep. 13, she brings Soo Ho's sister with her.

Another time skip, and we see Seoul Hee and Lee Gwang Tae getting married. We see that in truth Seoul Hee's family has no money and lee gwang tae doesn't know about it. During the wedding we see a somber Young Ro. After the wedding, an unknown stranger gives her a recording, which she then listens to. It is the voice of Soo Ho telling her how much he loves her and etc... In the tape, he mentions a special place that he loved when he was in Germany, and he wishes that she will one day visit there, no matter what happens to him. After listing to his recording, she cries, and the scene turns to black.

5 years has passed and somehow Eun Chang Su actually gets elected to presidency. Most of it is because people considered him a bit of a hero who had a lot of tragedy and was the person who was ultimately responsible for the downfall of the ruling party. Young Ro goes to Germany to visit this place that Soo Ho mentions, it is a record store, similar to where they first meet. Young Ro cries a bit as she reminisces how she and Soo Ho had met and bonded. The person manning the store is the same foreigner as the one in Ep. 13. The final scene goes like this.

Young Ro: <In English> Do you have one way ticket by Eruption?

Foreigner: One second, let me ask my manager.

The foreigner goes behind the curtains and some conversation can be heard.

The ambient music in the store suddenly stops. And we hear the song One-Way ticket start playing. 

Out of the curtain comes out Soo Ho, sporting a thick mustache. In his hand, he is holding some Magic Coffee. 

The screen cuts to black.

The End

P.S.

I don't think the identity of the mole will ever be found out. But it could possibly be the old man, who is later captured and sent to a political prison. And his useless son, will end up visiting his father to take care of him, and that will be the end of their arc.

Ivy:

I haven't given a lot of though to the outcomes for the side characters yet. But I do have a theory for our fave couple.  Though there's background on most of them to still be revealed and we only have 3 episodes to do it in.

First I think Dr. Kang is going to end up sacrificing herself for Soo Ho. She owes him a debt for saving his life, pretty sure that's gonna get paid. 

I think Soo Ho is going to end up in a political prison camp (given the whole "based on a political prisoner" thing). I'm also thinking Young Ro will assume him to be dead. And will eventually escape and reunite with Young Ro in the final moments of the series. I think we'll likely here that recording her left for her while he's held captive/assumed dead. 

Woah

seems possible 

@Kimsamsoom  I am in love with your second theory

I think Seung Hee will die protecting Boon Ok and Cheong Ya will die for Soo Ho.

She gonna die 

One of them finna die

I AM SHOOKETH:

She gonna die 

One of them finna die

you are probably right but I'm gonna stay in denial

Zero:

That happened