AlexisTasartir:

I saw that too. I just don't get what's going on with Du Shao Yang... He could be a better person, right? And what was that mission Yu Tianya gave him? I think they'll be friend in the end, when Shao Yang will awake his other self... Trailer shows that, right? Gong Mu Lie, Li Mu, Yi Yuan, Shao Yang, etc. :)

He's supposed to be one of GML's spiritual beasts,...I think. And anyhow, he resents GML for abandoning them in order to protect Wuchun. Again....more guesswork.

I came to a realization... for this type of drama, the ending will usually be open-ended. 

Rewatched the trailer and I think YS/WC will enter slumber again. GML is going to go somewhere, and hence he says, "I hope when you wake up, it will be the day I return. I will definitely find a way to save you."

Edit: Just watched the ending and I'm at a loss right now......

Also, the whole XuanXuan-YiYuan ending is making me a little mad/sad

Lily Lam:

I came to a realization... for this type of drama, the ending will usually be open-ended. 

Rewatched the trailer and I think YS/WC will enter slumber again. GML is going to go somewhere, and hence he says, "I hope when you wake up, it will be the day I return. I will definitely find a way to save you."

I will take an Open Ended story over a tragic end. I’m trying to remember which drama had similar ending. Maybe similar to Sleepless princess where the FL went into a comma and then we get a weird cut/edit where we see her awake after the ML tries to jump off a cliff? Or I forgot which drama, but a scene where the ML “dies” and appears as a “red flower” which is like the ML’s fave flower which the FL is meant to think that the ML is alive somewhere?

Nam Gonzales:

I will take an Open Ended story over a tragic end. I’m trying to remember which drama had similar ending. Maybe similar to Sleepless princess where the FL went into a comma and then we get a weird cut/edit where we see her awake after the ML tries to jump off a cliff? Or I forgot which drama, but a scene where the ML “dies” and appears as a “red flower” which is like the ML’s fave flower which the FL is meant to think that the ML is alive somewhere?

Yeah, it was the 'Sleepless Princess' and I was so pissed when I saw the cliff scene. I still can't believe the crew edited out the happy ending and released it as an epilogue. The sweet atmosphere of the epilogue did not lessen my rage. 

I remember watching 'Swords of Legend' and that ending was truly tragic. The ML lead sacrificed his life and the FL spends the rest of her life travelling around the world to look for him. She could only hope their love was strong that it touched the gods and that she could find him somewhere. The secondary couple never got together and he ended up with another girl. Another secondary couple, who were apart of the same sect, stayed together but could never be together because of sect rules. None of the relationship in show worked out, it was a tragedy from every angle.

What the f***

What the hell were the scriptwriters thinking?

I refuse to accept this....Either they give us another season, or at least an epilogue/ special episode. This is just plain bullshit.

After 36 episodes, they're back to square one? Nah, not even square one, it's a negative square. They have yet to even take birth. And I don't see the point. They could very well have resolved the plot, without simply going in circles. In Goodbye My Princess, there was ample reason for the angst and tragic ending, there was simply too much pain, resentment and regret going around.

But that was simply not the case in here. I won't blame Ye Xian'er for her obsession anymore...Wuchun and Gongmu Lie are equally obsessed with each other...Their story can't be called a romance, it's simply a story of 'you hurt me, I hurt you'....

None of the couples end up together. At this point, Tang Si Qi seems to be the best character. She dared to love, so completely- without holding back, and died without regrets.

ShenMiao98:

What the f***

What the hell were the scriptwriters thinking?

I refuse to accept this....Either they give us another season, or at least an epilogue/ special episode. This is just plain bullshit.

After 36 episodes, they're back to square one? Nah, not even square one, it's a negative square. They have yet to even take birth. And I don't see the point. They could very well have resolved the plot, without simply going in circles. In Goodbye My Princess, there was ample reason for the angst and tragic ending, there was simply too much pain, resentment and regret going around.

But that was simply not the case in here. I won't blame Ye Xian'er for her obsession anymore...Wuchun and Gongmu Lie are equally obsessed with each other...Their story can't be called a romance, it's simply a story of 'you hurt me, I hurt you'....

None of the couples end up together. At this point, Tang Si Qi seems to be the best character. She dared to love, so completely- without holding back, and died without regrets.

Yeah, Tang Si Qi is the best. Too bad, she has to die. If the production team decides to make a new season, I wonder how it will be without Tang Si Qi. :(

I've decided to comfort myself by imagining that Yushi is simply going through a human trial as punishment, similar to Ye Hua from TMPB. Like Bai Qian, GML can simply drop in every other day and remind her that she has to grow up fast and cultivate into her evil Queen powers so that they can get married ?.

ShenMiao98:

I've decided to comfort myself by imagining that Yushi is simply going through a human trial as punishment, similar to Ye Hua from TMPB. Like Bai Qian, GML can simply drop in every other day and remind her that she has to grow up fast and cultivate into her evil Queen powers so that they can get married ?.

Ha ha.. Not bad... 

Considering the age & experience of the main leads, their acting has somewhat redeemed the show (also fantastic CGI & great action scenes).  Otherwise, the story is just confusing like other novel adapted costume dramas from mainland.

I think I am one of the few who are actually contented with the ending even if they don’t decide to do season 2 (even if I really want one). Because I think the major plot points of  the story sere “poetically” tied together at the end. 

I love that the different artifacts have their own “personal” dilemma they had to deal with which are connected in one way or another. We thought DSY problem was love but it’s actually about what true strength and power is. And though it wasn’t explained in the story, I thought it was fitting that he was made into the dagger who didn’t go into battle but actually “killed” GML. Because he only thought being strong was killing a lot pf people in the battle field but in his own way he was actually strong because he was the only one who could hurt GML, who’s one of the strongest being out there, physically and emotionally.  Qienjie who learned what true love is not by experiencing it himself but by seeing TSQ love for DSY that he became honest with himself about what he felt 10K y.a. Master Li who ironically was part of sword sect is a sword in reality and that his blood thirst could only be cleansed by WC earthly, calming power. Then there’s Tong Xin who was so pure he didn’t have any issue but was only meant to touch the lives of the people he met. 

The other supporting characters also had an important impact in the lives and character growth of the main cast and we were able to care for them as they let the picture/story. I cried buckets when QL & YS had their own wedding and the Ling Borough and dadi Ling was there. T.T

Wu Chun and Gong Mu Lie were clearly meant for each other, fate and world be damned. Wu Chun was always the sensible one and Gong Mu Lie was the “passionate” one. They balance each other out so I get why WC had to put the curse on GML to make him into a better mix of God and human. I also was satisfied when instead of loving her, GML actually killed STY and so happy that because of what STY did GML hated WC which actually helped them break the curse. 

Lastly, I really think the ending was ok for me because even at the end I think that most of the characters decisions remained true to their character and that they had a bright future ahead. GML and his artifacts off to another adventure and Wu Chun after finally helping GML with his worries now has time to reincarnate and fully develop herself as the Mother of Earth and hopefully address the needs of her race. 

PS. I will surely miss this drama. Even if Cheng Xiao and Fan Cheng Cheng didn’t have a kiss scene I’m ok with the implied shadow kiss scene after the wedding and imagine that they did spend the night together.

PPS. It would be so funny if there was a season 2 and then Cheng Xiao’s reincarnated Wu Chun person would be a human who’s the opposite of Yu Shi, she’ll be bright, bubbly, pesky, and haughty and she will have a cute meet cute with GML and she won’t remember him at his annoyance. He’ll be the one going after her for a change. Lol. Then he’ll be torn about worrying over WC and doing his mission.

@Nam Gonzales  I love the imaginary scenario you posted, wherein GML has to chase after a Yushi/Wuchun who has no memories of him. I want her and Tang Si Qi to grow up together as sisters or best friends, so that GML and DQJ can come visit them together. Si Qi's ending was the one I found the most tragic. I couldn't stop crying at her death. She deserves to be loved by someone the way she loved DSY, completely and without holding back.

Wuchun does the same too I suppose, but at least hers was reciprocated with an almost equal fervor, unlike Si Qi.

ShenMiao98:

@Nam Gonzales  I love the imaginary scenario you posted, wherein GML has to chase after a Yushi/Wuchun who has no memories of him. I want her and Tang Si Qi to grow up together as sisters or best friends, so that GML and DQJ can come visit them together. Si Qi's ending was the one I found the most tragic. I couldn't stop crying at her death. She deserves to be loved by someone the way she loved DSY, completely and without holding back.

Wuchun does the same too I suppose, but at least hers was reciprocated with an almost equal fervor, unlike Si Qi.

True. I just hope Cheng Xiao can get a period drama where she can showcase her bubbly personality. Hahaha

And yes one of the negative side of this drama is how DSY’s love for Si Qi was in fact very shallow. I think his love really did fizzle after he got the evil voodo insect because bruh who in their right mind would not cry and suffer a bit when their lover/ex-lover dies in front of them? DQJ looked more affected by Si Qi’s death than DSY.( -.-*) If possible I’d want Si Qi to fall for DQJ now because I thought I there was some scene in the episode that DQJ will kill the one he loves? So maybe in the next life he’ll get Si Qi reincarnation?

How DSY got awakened might just be one of the best revenge because all along the series he kept on being paranoid that everyone is looking down on him and stopping him for being strong but in the end he realized that if push comes to shove he actually cares about his friends or maybe QL more than his desire for power. XD