I wonder when they are going to fully awaken powers. We see glimpse here and there but I can't wait to see them reck shit up. 

Also, after watching the trailer for the upcoming episodes... the relationship between the leads is a bit frustrating. I like them but watching them get there will be hell and I think somebody is going to sacrifice themselves at the end of it all for the greater good.  

the good one always gets sacrificed, im betting its ling yushi 

the leads relationship has been going so slow, ling yushi has more scenes w gao yu than qin lie 

Did Gao Yu actually assault Yushi? 

Am hoping that that's not what happened, because that would put him on my shit list indefinitely!

Bowties are cool:

Did Gao Yu actually assault Yushi? 

Am hoping that that's not what happened, because that would put him on my shit list indefinitely!

the drama team went out to upload a gif on weibo on a scene from next week's episode where song ting yu, qin lie and ling yushi accused him of defiling ling yushi that night, to which he said he did not.

still quite not sure what really happened, they said just wait for the next episodes..

Someone replied in my comment that Cheng Xiao is the demon queen. But how can this be when in the first few episode, Yushi had a flashback where she saw herself in purple hair being called as the mother (earth) goddess and Qin Lie as the God of War? Thus explaining LYS powers with plants and Qin Lie.

Isn’t Gao Yu the reincarnation of the devil king hence the ring?

Nam Gonzales:

Someone replied in my comment that Cheng Xiao is the demon queen. But how can this be when in the first few episode, Yushi had a flashback where she saw herself in purple hair being called as the mother (earth) goddess and Qin Lie as the God of War? Thus explaining LYS powers with plants and Qin Lie.

Isn’t Gao Yu the reincarnation of the devil king hence the ring?

in the novel, in her past life,  ling yushi was the queen in the nether realm(the demon continent),  she come from the dark nether race in the nether realm. her race ruled the nether realm before they suddenly vanished before the war vs the races of the sky mender palace(where qin lie's family is from)

ling yushi at present, she lives in ling borough, has no clue that she has evil-god bloodline within her (( fragments from her past w qin lie's past self is seen in her dreams  ))   her evil-god blood awakens after being exposed to the nether demonic energy. thats when her hair, eyes, and blood turn purple, she does have powers of an evil-god but she is not evil ( i believe so, idk what the drama writers will make yushi do.. we'll see)

gao yu does not have a evil-god bloodline, he is also not from the nether continent,  he is a human but he cultivates somewhat demonic and was chosen to inherit a fragment of an evil-god (the ring) 

I'm so glad that Gaoyu didn't do anything to YuShi, that was killing me. I was wondering how the writers were going to get her out of that situation.

I already watched the donhua just to satisfy my curiosity about the source material and have somewhat understood the basic plot of the story.

if they do plan to follow the idea that YS is the demon queen, it’s weird that they decided to use plants as to “represent” her power. It would be passable if the plants looked scary like human eating plants but they just look pretty so I can’t connect the demon queen thing and the plants. Hahaha.

PS. Now I really think this drama has potential because I’ve never engaged in discussion about the plot. Lol

I think they wanted to represent YS connection and power over the terrain/earth with the plants.

It has been awhile since reading the novel but it feels like Du Shao Yang was given part of Qin lie's plot line in order to make him relevant. Such as becoming a blood guard and taking Qin lie's third lover Tang Si Qi

The WANDERER:

It has been awhile since reading the novel but it feels like Du Shao Yang was given part of Qin lie's plot line in order to make him relevant. Such as becoming a blood guard and taking Qin lie's third lover Tang Si Qi

Even Tang Si Qi?

I know that the original text was a stallion novel, but the thought of Qin Lie 'inadvertently' picking up women left and right...it's so loathsome. I love how the drama version always prioritizes Yu Shi, even though he doesn't love her. She grounds him, and she's like the Centre of his existence. The way he rips into Song Ting Yu for attacking Yu Shi was awesome.

In addition: Love the Qin Lie-Du Shao Yang bromance....

ShenMiao98:

Even Tang Si Qi?

I know that the original text was a stallion novel, but the thought of Qin Lie 'inadvertently' picking up women left and right...it's so loathsome. I love how the drama version always prioritizes Yu Shi, even though he doesn't love her. She grounds him, and she's like the Centre of his existence. The way he rips into Song Ting Yu for attacking Yu Shi was awesome.

In addition: Love the Qin Lie-Du Shao Yang bromance....

Agree. I also liked how they made Qin Lie more “loyal/one woman man” vs the stud/harem dude. I haven’t read the novel but watched the Donghua and I appreciate how the producers of the drama selected key scenes and decided to alter the characters to create a more dramatic story. 

In the Donghua, I found most of the characters to be very 1D with Qin Lie always looking for or protecting Yu Shi and Yu Shi was just the damsel in distress, Du Shao Yang was just the “genius” cold hearted brute, Gao Yu the ultimate BFF just living to protect Yu Shi and Qin Lie. 

In this drama, the major characters are multi-dimensional so you are actually interested in what happens to them. In the Dong Hua I only cared about Qin Lie and Yu Shi, but here I also want the love hate bromance of Qin Lie and zdu Shao Yang and the Flirtatious interaction between Tang Si Yi and DSY. Though the character of Yu Xin here is more naive and kind than in the donghua. My liking for this drama is increasing for each episode.

Lastly, I just think Cheng Xiao and Fan Cheng Cheng’s chemistry is promising with the few private scenes they have. Imagine when they actually do those romantic scenes that you typically see in period dramas like the General’s Lady.

I just saw some trailers in bilibili, about Gong Mu Lie and Wu Chun's introduction. GML was this overly powerful, mad as f*** version of Qin Lie...we see him for the first time in ep 24. Anyhow he practically threatens her mother because of something related to his father, and then she introduces him to her daughter- Wu Chun....

Man it was amazing. I can't wait to hear more about their history...

ShenMiao98:

I just saw some trailers in bilibili, about Gong Mu Lie and Wu Chun's introduction. GML was this overly powerful, mad as f*** version of Qin Lie...we see him for the first time in ep 24. Anyhow he practically threatens her mother because of something related to his father, and then she introduces him to her daughter- Wu Chun....

Whatttt wdym he practically threatens her mother? yush mother?

ShenMiao98:

Interesting. I wonder if mainlaid china TV show the episodes in advance vs official iQiyi international? Even with iQiyi VIP it’s at ep 22, correct that now it’s ep 24!

I’m excited to see GML and WC’s previous life. They have glorious costumes and hairstyle/make up. I hope they have more romantic scenes.