As the title states, should I be able to see my own post on Feeds?

I have noticed that when I post something it disappears from Feeds and can only be seen when I enter my profile. I don't think it worked that way before since I recall seeing my posts in chronological order on Feeds as I post them publicly and browse the "Home" page the most. 

When I post, I always put "Public" as the setting.

Is it normal to not see your own posts? Am I tripping? Are my posts visible on Feeds at all?

I think it has something to do with the way Feeds were altered. I see others post in the "group" MyDramaList and when I click on that channel on the left, then I get to see the globe icon instead of "Public" setting. My post in Anime had likes/comments but that's because I posted it specifically in Anime. 

Should I only post in MDL? Why aren't public posts shown on Feeds Home? Am I missing something?

Aoi Community Manager

There appear to be two issues here:

1. You should be able to see your post in "Home". If not, then the feeds didn't get processed for some reason, or there may be some delay.

2. I think you misunderstood how the feeds work. "Public" means your friends can see it in their Home, Friends, and Profile tabs. There is no global; if you want people to see your post, then you HAVE to post it in the MyDramaList group for a larger audience.

"Public" means the post permission is public, similar to how Facebook works.

Update: We did find a bug first for the #1 issue.

Aoi:

There appear to be two issues here:

1. You should be able to see your post in "Home". If not, then the feeds didn't get processed for some reason, or there may be some delay.

2. I think you misunderstood how the feeds work. "Public" means your friends can see it in their Home, Friends, and Profile tabs. There is no global; if you want people to see your post, then you HAVE to post it in the MyDramaList group for a larger audience.

"Public" means the post permission is public, similar to how Facebook works.

Update: We did find a bug first for the #1 issue.

Thank you for the response. I understand now what has changed and what I did incorrectly. I will adjust accordingly. 

MulierNecis closed this Mar 23, 2024 08:36 pm
MulierNecis reopened this Mar 23, 2024 08:36 pm
MulierNecis closed this Mar 24, 2024 09:43 pm