Earthling_V:
According to the FAQ page, we can also get points from "writing reviews, making recommendations, and participating in discussions". Is this still true? And if so, does that include reviews/reactions on individual episodes? Can we also receive contribution points for writing episode summaries?

I don't think writing reviews or making recommendations earns you contribution points unless it's implemented very recently. As per my knowledge contribution points can only be earned through editing/adding new titles/people to the database.

Earthling_V:
Also, just looked at the contribution page and noticed that my total contribution points number is half the amount of title - But looking at all the other member contributions, the total  points number is at least 6 or 7 times the added amount of titles/eps/people. . . is this normal or does it just take time for the numbers to be accurate for new members/contributions?

Umm...It basically means those other users made more contributions (edits) to individual titles. Contribution points are rewarded/counted for the number of edits you've made. Nothing to do with the number of titles/people pages you've edited.

Thank you for replying:)

Okay, so my question now is, would it be better to do one edit at a time as opposed to doing multiple edits in one go? For example, I added 3 or 4 crew members to a drama instead of adding one person at a time. 

And for the contribution page, can you confirm that mine looks right? : 

TOTAL: 23 / TITLES: 49 / PEOPLE: 4 / EPISODES: 0

Earthling_V:

Thank you for replying:)

Okay, so my question now is, would it be better to do one edit at a time as opposed to doing multiple edits in one go? For example, I added 3 or 4 crew members to a drama instead of adding one person at a time. 

And for the contribution page, can you confirm that mine looks right? : 

TOTAL: 23 / TITLES: 49 / PEOPLE: 4 / EPISODES: 0

A bit complex question. For most regular cases it's better to submit all at once whenever possible, since one at a time won't change the total edits. Like, the scenario you mentioned above.

But there are some instances where it's better to not submit all at one go. Like, because of some bugs with the current editing system we're advised to submit with minimal edits during initial submission when adding a new title or people to the database. Crediting system for adding new people is also faulty.

The contribution page only shows Top 100 contributor's stats, and yours (if you're not in top 100). So, unfortunately I can't check yours. But, I've misunderstood something from your previous comment and I apologize for it. Your stats does look weird, if you make edit on 49 titles then you should have at least 49 points (since, 1 is the minimum points per edit). That's my general understanding. If you believe you should have more contribution points then contact them via mail (unless Ji-N approaches you here). 

hey i  have a small query ---- can i get contribition points or coins for adding still cuts of  a drama??? 

thatkdramagirl:

hey i  have a small query ---- can i get contribition points or coins for adding still cuts of  a drama??? 

By still cuts, if you mean screenshots (in the Photos section of a title page), then no.
At this moment, contribution points can be earned only by editing the following sections of a title page and synopsis translation section

WOAHHHHH  TBH i never expected you will rly thanksalotttttttt <<<<<3

I tried to add tags and actors to an older KBS drama special where none were listed earlier. Wasn't accepted. There's no source to which I could refer, not on the Internet. Isn't it better to have some tags at least rather than none?

roddib:

I tried to add tags and actors to an older KBS drama special where none were listed earlier. Wasn't accepted. There's no source to which I could refer, not on the Internet. Isn't it better to have some tags at least rather than none?

you can explain the tags if you have watched it (better if it's relevant to the story), or link a site where it can be watched and give the timestamp 

which KBS special is that? I can try to find the cast.

roddib:

You explain tags in the notes section at the bottom. For example:
Love Triangle: ML, FL, and FL's roommate are in a love triangle
Office Worker Female Lead: Female Lead is shown working in an office at various points in the drama and is how she met ML
Winter Setting: The story largely takes place in winter, as evidenced by their heavy coats, lack of leaves on the trees, and snow during latter episodes.

As for actors, links to sites with the actors listed are easiest. But you can also make do with screenshotted pictures of the actors and/or credits. Those pictures can be linked via PostImages or similar sites where you upload a picture and it gives you a link in return. If it's a youtube video, you can also share a time-stamped link to where the credits are.

I made an edit in the biography of an drama but didn't get any contribution points why

Starrrvvibes:

I made an edit in the biography of an drama but didn't get any contribution points why

By biography, I'll assume you mean the Synopsis. Has it already been approved (by the staff)? Check if your edited content is visible on the page or not. You only receive a PM from the staff when your edit gets rejected. If it's updated (approved), then just wait a bit. The points and coins do not update immediately.

samenai:

By biography, I'll assume you mean the Synopsis. Has it already been approved (by the staff)? Check if your edited content is visible on the page or not. You only receive a PM from the staff when your edit gets rejected. If it's updated (approved), then just wait a bit. The points and coins do not update immediately.

It was approved I had added the manhaw name for the orange marmalade drama and its updated so I think I have to wait for the points to be upgraded 

I've added https://mydramalist.com/762377-the-polaris, but no point has been received. I've added a title before, but the point was received just the same day the title was uploaded. Is there any problem or is a non-commercial movie excluded from getting the contribution point?

MizMystixism:

I've added https://mydramalist.com/762377-the-polaris, but no point has been received. I've added a title before, but the point was received just the same day the title was uploaded. Is there any problem or is a non-commercial movie excluded from getting the contribution point? 

As long as the title is allowed in mdl (per guidelines), you'll receive points. As I've mentioned in the comments above, the site rolls out points and coins at some intervals of the day. It might take a few hours, but you'll get points within 24 hours (after the edit shows up on mdl).

Quick question, with contribution points when you're editing the cast of  a drama or adding a new person and it says the number of changes you made, is it one contribution point per change? Or can it be less?

Because yesterday I edited the cast of Legal High (Korean drama) and I made 96 edits/changes to the cast. I also added the cast of 6 other movies/dramas (Making a decent amount of changes to each one *On average 5* and about 14 new people with an average of 10 changes per person.

My contribution points from yesterday came through today and it says I earned 141 contribution points. I have a list of all the changes I make and the number of changes it says I made and I checked that all of them were now on the website and they are. Yet when I calculated the number of changes I had made it came out at 302.

So, is each change made worth a contribution point? If yes, then where did all my other points go, or are they going to be added later??

Thanks