Hi MDL Team,

I am big fan of dramas/movies and I follow up MDL almost everyday. I want to take my love for dramas to the next level. I dont have anyone with whom I can talk about the new episodes or suggest dramas to watch. Instead I want to write about it. Please let me know how I can become a writer at MDL.

Will be waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
indieeboyy

Hello and welcome to MDL! 

Not having anyone around us to talk about Asian dramas happens to a lot of people on the site, so we all can relate to your situation. You're on the right site if you want to meet people who love Asian dramas and if you want to exchange with them. 

To meet people and talk about dramas, you can either: 

- use the forums (under the community tab) where you can discuss dramas (and many other topics) under different main themes. If you like dramas of a particular country, you can talk about them in the special section of the forums for each country listed on MDL.

-  comment under drama and actor's pages, though some people tend to be very protective of them sometimes

- use the feeds (under the Home tab) to meet people who like to share their love for Asian dramas in their posts. . This is a friendly place (generally).

As for writing for MDL, all the writers and all the staff are volunteers who come here to share their love. If you want to write, you need to claim a topic in one of those thread on the forums. 

- Article Ideas and Discussion: to claim all kind of topics
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/community-tasks/29624-mdl-writers-article-ideas-discussion

- Currently Watching (CW) articles list : to claim an article about a drama you  are currently watching but have not finished yet.
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/community-tasks/32838-mdl-writers-currently-watching-cw-articles-list

An editor will tell you if the topic is available and, if so, send a draft to write on it. 

BUT we currently are having an issue and we can't assign drafts to new writers. So it won't be possible for you to write for the time being.

That being said, I would suggest you to follow the threads above so that you are informed when the issue is solved. It will also give you the time to learn to know how the website is working and to meet other people on the different places.
i would suggest you to read the FAQ and don't hesitate to ask fellow MDLer for any question. You'll always find someone kind enough to guide you and explain you how things work.

MDL provides several ways for users to share their thoughts with the community on what they're watching and have already watched.

For starters, you can always write Reviews, make suggestions for similar dramas/movies, or create a discussion thread for a particular title. You will find all these sections right above the comment section of every title(drama/movie/show) page.

We also have Feedswhich is kind of similar to social spaces like Twitter/Facebook. You can post and share almost anything there(of course by book). You can access Feeds from the Home and Community on the nav.
And of course, you have this Forums part of the website.

If you want to go more advance and want to publish articles then you can find all the info in This thread.

oops. a staff already got here first  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Simple answer: Building connections with the admins and staff throughout the years. One common thing among the staff is that they have been using this website for years and have contributed a lot.