Since we finally reached episode 5,  how are you enjoying so far?

At fist, everything was confusing but I think the plot is getting better and this is actually an interesting story. I mean, usually we see Past & Present, now we're seeing Parallel worlds.

On episode 5:

Lim is playing a very dangerous yet amazing game right there. I wonder if later, before Lee Gon finds out what he's doing, if anyone who he 'has recruited' to have a better life in one of the parallel worlds, is caught. I mean, you may seem like that person but your personalities  differ. This pregnant lady that he talked to, I bet something is going down...

Now, that kiss... we couldn't even enjoy it, unfortunately gave me vibes of Park Shin Hye x Lee Min Ho in The Heirs and tbh, that wasn't good at all... at least for me.

I couldn't enjoy The Heirs not only for the story but also the couple, and even though LMH and Go Eun are cute together, I am not seeing chemistry. Hopefully it'll get better.

Her searching for her mother kind of put tears in my eyes... but anyways, Tae Eul's reactions and expressions on this episode were so precious (must I say, Karma is a b?) !  and that little IU reference was just the cutest :')

this drama is so confusing i swear. since ep 1-5 still confusing

Just watched ep 6 and i think the drama finally started. The king know what's going on and the FL is catching up as well. She putting things together and so is the king's bodygaurd. Also the main villain knows everything already. Seems like he's a step ahead of everyone . Scary :0 he even has pictures of EVERYONE! And he knows where they live. He'1s assembling his army and probably attack soon.

I agree with OP. But I think the romance was awkward for now because she was still taking it all in. But I foresee the chemistry being better going forward, now that she’s had a chance to see the truth, like him, and miss him throughout episodes 5-6.

I don't remember if it was on the 4th, 5th or even 6th episode but that scene of Shin Jae sending his mom literally to prison had me dying...he had courage!!! But look at how he struggles, it makes me sad... That was one hell of a good raw moment!!!

Now, I'm curious about the Prime Minister's next actions. She's going to be nosy and start investigating... my worries is, if she ever finds about Lu Na, and if Tae Eul comes back to their world, she might snap and suddenly do something to the detective lol. She seems so self centered and now feels bitter because the King doesn't want her, trouble is coming... 

And woah, the fact that Prince Buyeong always hid those facts from the King, means he was afraid that Lim was alive, and he is. Now that Lee Gon is aware of it, after watching the preview for the next episodes, he isn't going to take this lightly!

Lee Gon is still corny but he's so cute, so no wonder Tae Eul fell for him (it was a little bit too quick but...), the ending of episode 6 made me feel something :) (I mean, the whole scene of her missing him was actually romantic and vice-versa) So I guess that the chemistry can sparkle up more... 

Tbh, I'm more excited to see Lim's actions. He's so powerful, being ahead of everyone and just chilling lol.

What I like thus far:

• The relationship the king has with Court Lady Noh;
  • Do Hwan's acting (I mean... YALL);
  • The sassy yet cute character that Tae Eul' is;
  • The parallel words (even though they were so confusing up to 4th or even 5th episode...);
  • Lim's character;
  • That one OST that I think its Hwasa singing?
  • Of course, Lee Min Ho's outfits.

What 'm not feeling too much:

• That editing...

I mean, who had the whole idea of creating a scene and cutting it, to put it in a flashback? It's very annoying, at least for me. When she was remembering the scene in the guest room, I was like "I don't remember this happened. Did I miss something?" So yeah, then I understood this has been happening and it gets even more confusing;

• Cliché camera shots + corny lines (and that kiss scene);
  • The fact that their relationship evolved but from such... I don't know, blant moments? Like...
    They weren't bad moments, but those are moments that I cannot even remember. I only remember Lee Gon arriving on a horse and Tae Eul stopping him and then he suddenly hugs her lol... I was expecting intense moments before Tae Eul falling in love or something. Wait, maybe the only intense moment for her until now was discovering his world... Gotta wait for more.

I think I'm criticizing a lot but usually when theres a LMH I feel like there's almost no room for disappointment (besides The Heirs lol), and I even re-watched Faith while waiting for this drama to air some weeks ago so I was expecting a different thing.
    LMH is growing, always, as an actor and I like to see him on screen for sure, but I feel like this isn't going to be in my favorite dramas of his :/ There's still 10 more episodes, I know, but still... Let's wait and see. From the preview,  I think the next 2 episodes are going to be more intense.

I did get feels with the hug at the end of episode 6 so maybe there is hope for this drama after all. I honestly  came into this drama late and so the comments warned me that it wasn't great.

Helena pretty much summed up what I feel for the drama. My only other issues is the prime minister lacks something. The character is so bla. They could edit her out and I wouldn't miss it. She just seems manipulative and that is it. There is nothing about her character, for me, that makes her either likeable or unlikable. Also the bromance is missing. I really enjoyed the bodyguard's interaction opposite the female lead. That was the only time that they have given his character some reaction but when it is opposite the king there is nothing there for me. He just goes along with whatever the king says or starts to disagree but then shuts down. The actor is ok but I don't think they are giving his character a lot to work with. It almost feels like the only having any type of emotions ever is LMH.

But like I said I see hope. The hug gave me feels so obviously something is there. The kiss did nothing for me but the hug was like a real connection. The plot with the uncle is moving along and I can't wait to see the king's bodyguard in the other world. This drama has so much potential  so I will continue on watching and hoping it gets better each week.

Debonair Min:

Aren’t people too fast to juddge??!!
Hey there critics!! Wait a bit.. It’s just the starting and of course it has it’s hype from the very first episode. And It is  becoming much thrilling day by day tbh. SO JUDGE AFTER YOU HAVE FULLY ENJOYED IT.         >_<

Exactly :/ 

I literally don't understand if you don't like it then please don't watch it no one is forcing you like :v

This is a discussion page. If you want to contribute then do so if you don't then don't contribute but that is what MDL is for, to discuss the dramas. 

Does anyone think that Shin Jae is originally from the other world?  7 episodes in and there is something about his character that doesn't sit right with me, he was once rich and the psychiatrist mentioned recurring dreams and when Tae Eul was in the other world, she didn't meet his other self when the tram passed it split into her real world. 

Ok so my theory on episode 7 was that Shin Jae is the uncle's son and that is why the uncle brought him to the other world when he was young. But episode 8 showed us that wasn't the case. I wonder why he was brought to the other world when it seems he has purpose. He didn't even know he was from the other world. Episodes 7 and 8 are giving me hope for this drama to turn it around and I am excited for future episodes.

My burning question is: what is the ultimate goal of the evil uncle Yi rim?

Does he want to claim the throne? Does he want to control both universes?

Either way,  he should want the other half of the artifact that Yi gon has but... why has he never tried to get it back? 

Many people say they are not feeling the love story, I partially agree. We get out of the blue confessions of love and dramatic voice overs saying stuff like "This is fate" "I don't know how much longer this will last" and then all they do is get together for late night (sponsored) coffee.

I don't understand why Yi rim is sending the newspapers from the other universe the the prime minister, he should just replace her with the her from the other side and have full control over the nation.

Unnie25:

Ok so my theory on episode 7 was that Shin Jae is the uncle's son and that is why the uncle brought him to the other world when he was young. But episode 8 showed us that wasn't the case. I wonder why he was brought to the other world when it seems he has purpose. He didn't even know he was from the other world. Episodes 7 and 8 are giving me hope for this drama to turn it around and I am excited for future episodes.

I think Shinjae died in our parallel universe (republic of corea) and his mum brought the him that was alive from the kingdom of korea one... Shinjae was young and confused, so he only remembers few things from when he was there

riri89:

I think Shinjae died in our parallel universe (republic of corea) and his mum brought the him that was alive from the kingdom of korea one... Shinjae was young and confused, so he only remembers few things from when he was there

I think he is from Corea cause he remembers the funeral. And the mom from Corea let him go to the other universe possibly for protection. I'm not sure why yet.

riri89:

My burning question is: what is the ultimate goal of the evil uncle Yi rim?

Does he want to claim the throne? Does he want to control both universes?

Either way,  he should want the other half of the artifact that Yi gon has but... why has he never tried to get it back? 

Many people say they are not feeling the love story, I partially agree. We get out of the blue confessions of love and dramatic voice overs saying stuff like "This is fate" "I don't know how much longer this will last" and then all they do is get together for late night (sponsored) coffee.

I don't understand why Yi rim is sending the newspapers from the other universe the the prime minister, he should just replace her with the her from the other side and have full control over the nation.

I think the uncle only wants to act once he has enough people to overthrow the government and get the artifact back. I think his ultimate goal is both worlds and he thinks he can achieve that with the artifact. I have the same question about the prime minister. But maybe he didn't replace her because she has a good life in the current world so he can't convince her to switch? I'm not sure but I can't wait to get the answers.

Ok so, Shin  Jae was always from Corea (woah.... gives me chills) and it seems this mother isn't really his mother, so no wonder how cold he gets.

Yall noticed that flashback? He saw the pictures, the kiddo was so happy but no matter what, he couldn't make that smile. And it seems, that was WAY before his family went bankrupt.

Basically, Lim is doing this since he got to the Republic Of Korea world, what is he gaining with this? Followers or?- I mean, if he wants the throne... though, I'm feeling he just wants the throne to mess up everything or even try to make both worlds known by everyone (wich would cause chaos).

Now, he is after Prime Minister. It seems she's a sweet and innocent girl in Republic... and in Corea, just self centered lol but real question is, what does he WANT from her? He went to her mother on purpose, showed his face too many times that the woman finally got who he was... so its gonna be very dangerous for the mom :/

Now, all hail to the last moment of epi 8: WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

1. That fight scene was amazing
  2. Shin Jae's emotions WOW 
  3. DO HWAN at it again with the amazing acting (ok literally the whole episodes but)
  4. The King's words... were deep as hell.

So, there wasn't no preview. They really want us to die out of curiosity right? I was so mad when I saw they wouldnt show anything lol.

Also, the cute moment with Na Ri :') As the episodes go, I'm feeling more sparkles in the air and its cute! Also, the comedy is very good. I love everyone's reactions and how they behave ~  it is indeed a good casting.

It took me some time to see LMH with Go Eun, but it seems its getting better.

But why that I love you? She's got balls. Even tho its cheesy I feel like I understood why she did it.
She literally knows that their relationship will be in danger and that maybe they'll never see each other again, wich means, she's gotta be sincere about everything now. Like their moment in the café, she raised his ego (was very funny lol), and yall know that in normal situations Tae Eul's personality wouldn't allow that.

That girl in luh luve.