According to this blog post which translates an original Naver article, the directives for the drama was envisioned by PD Baek Sang Hoon, but he was placed in the second string team involved with the editing and post production works instead.

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/05/06/pd-for-the-king-eternal-monarch-apologies-for-warship-mixup-in-battle-scene-along-with-bad-cgi-and-design/ 

This could explain why a lot of editing in this drama felt sloppy, the producers even had to apologize for some controversies regarding the design of Japanese naval ships that looked similar to the Korean ones, and a few others suggesting lack of research and careful consideration into historical details.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/05/10/television/japanese-flag-japanese-heritage-the-king/20200510195300167.html 

Thank you for the information. It was increasingly hard to watch the episodes week after week Since the beginning, the production was very, very bad, and I guess this must be it. I had to rewatch the episodes many times to actualLy understand anything as a viewer. I understand that they also added an extra PD recently and I assume the reshuffle placed the right people w the right responsibilities, as it seems recent episodes has improved recently.  

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :) Yeah I placed the link in the comments and another user mentioned the article is really helpful in giving people context about why the editing has felt confusing for this drama. Actually we don't know at what episode did the third PD bringing in changes but seemed like ep. 10 had less PPL but still very problematic sequence of scenes.

https://www.jazminemedia.com/2020/05/the-reasons-why-the-king-eternal-monarch-is-struggling-to-do-well-in-ratings/ 

I had parts that I was confused too, and I was thinking of bingewatching it again after it finish airing. But so far people's comments have helped me to clarify some of my confusion better so thank goodness for that. There was some rumours flying around that SBS was going to air additional episode today (after ep. 10) to provide better timelines of the events for viewers to follow the story better before the last 6 episodes.

What is most frustrating is that the filming has began since September 2019 and it still has not concluded yet. And the actors still have not gotten the script for the final episode which I find most ridiculous above all these! The producers and investors are literally burning money for a drama that 'failed' very miserably so far, which is a shame because the story had so much potential and that's why many of us are still not dropping it. 

does this mean that they are very likely to poop this drama until the very end because of that? 

Sorry, what 'poop this drama' means? LOL. 

Baek In Ho:

Sorry, what 'poop this drama' means? LOL. 

I mean screw the hype (despite all these visible flaws) we all commonly shared about this drama so far xD

Jung Ji Hyun?

Why did you mention her name on the topic? Couldn't find anything about her.

LMAO. Jung Ji Hyun is a male, one of the directors. 

Jun Ji Hyun is the female, an actress in LOTBS. I said Jung Ji Hyun in this post NOT Jun Ji Hyun (Gianna Jun).

I suppose from a technical perspective this drama is all that has been mentioned here, sloppy, poorly edited, etc.  but for my part, I am enjoying its complexity.  I am not a  mathematician but I appreciate it as a language and I believe that is the directive here.  Playing with E=MC2.  There are a lot of hints that past, present & future are entwined.  it is understandable that this may not be liked by many kdrama viewers.   It’s a shame, from my view, that the drama is disappointing to so many.

Baek In Ho:
LMAO. Jung Ji Hyun is a male, one of the directors.

Thanks my bad. Jun Ji Hyun is my number 1 actress. I am embarrassed for such a mistake. :(

I was sleepy yesterday and I used google to search "Jun'g' Ji hyun" and it showed Jun Ji Hyun. So, I thought why would you write that? LOL. I was wrong. Sorry Jun Ji Hyun. Sorry Baek In Ho.

Ahead:

Thanks my bad. Jun Ji Hyun is my number 1 actress. I am embarrassed for such a mistake. :(

I was sleepy yesterday and I used google to search "Jun'g' Ji hyun" and it showed Jun Ji Hyun. So, I thought why would you write that? LOL. I was wrong. Sorry Jun Ji Hyun. Sorry Baek In Ho.

That's okay, thanks for asking :) I kinda knew that someone may make the mistake of confusing the names that's why your comment would've helped anyone else who is confused as well. Thanks for commenting, i appreciate it. Have a nice day. ❤