I like this kind of series. Typical novel with strong male lead, got betrayed or lost his power, hid his past, and start a new identity. I need help to other drama shifu out there, if you know similar story like this drama haha. PLease recommend me some! 

I have watch The Untamed before it got popular and just realized it was actually a novel adaptation, a censorised same-sex adapation. I realized after it got popular not long after, highlighting the content here and there.

I realized I like a brotherhood series, with less romance. Even better if it contain less cringe acting.

Thank you so much!!

Word Of Honor is very similar to The Untamed, I highly recommend it, if you liked The Untamed! Another show is The Killer and The Healer which can be watched on YouTube but the audio is muted sometimes + the acting can be a little awkward at times. Trust me though the plot is insanely good. That being said, in both of the shows I recommended they are interpreted as couples to most viewers. Both are also Chinese and therefore censored, that being said idk if there’s a novel for The Killer and The Healer so maybe it isn’t a case of censorship. If you want to look more I recommend looking under the bromance. Hope this helped!

Not about the male lead but The Long Ballad is similar but it's the female lead who gets betrayed, it's a really good drama. 

I am focusing on your "brotherhood with less romance" request as well as "strong male lead, got betrayed or lost his power, hid his past, and start a new identity":

Nirvana in Fire.

Beyond Evil.

A League of Nobleman.

Devil Judge.

The King's Avatar.