Lovely Runner's Lovely Page

Official Link
Click the blue link to visit official page!
Original Novel : kakao | naver내일의 으뜸
Webtoon Adaptation : tapas en | kakao id | Tomorrow's #1

Drama Adaptation : tvn page | namu wiki | Lovely Runner

Drama vs Webtoon Comparison
( will add more as the drama story progress- if im not lazy )

DramaWebtoon
Idol Group"Eclipse"

A musical band consists of four members.
Debuted on eclipse year, 2009
Baek Inhyuk - Leader & Guitarist
Ryu Seonjae - Vocalist
Hyeonsu - Drum
Jay - Bass

"Gamjajeon" / Potato Pancake

An idol group consists of four members with the concept of nature and humanity. Their fandom slogan is "4-1=0" which means the group is not complete without the members. The group faced a crisis just two years after their debut. There were rumours about a fifth member joining the group. Several days later the company announced Ryu Seonjae joining the group as a new member.

If you are similiar with K-Pop, it is close to Red Velvet situation ?
Ryu Seon Jae

MTL Introduction from TVN page

After his dream as swimmer was thwarted, he went to an audition with his friend In-hyuk and debuted after being noticed by an agency representative. He started off easier than others and worked tirelessly, working twice as hard because he thought he received a lot of love, but at some point, he suffered burnout. Everything became meaningless. As the number of sleepless nights increased, he felt like he was going to fall apart, so after much thought, he decided to retire from the entertainment industry. The night after his last concert performance. He passed away suddenly. The media poured out speculative articles claiming that it was an “extreme choice due to insomnia and depression,” and the entire country was shocked. But, was his death really a suicide?

o_reo ugly introduction

The fifth member of "Gamjajeon". He got so many hates because the agency CEO made so many changes for the group's initial concept. After two years debuting, the fans still throwing hates toward him.

One day, it was reported Seonjae was found unconscious at hotel and was confirmed dead. An article is released stating his death due to "acute drug poisoning" and he is known for suffering from insomnia and was prescribed sleeping pills. After that, so many netizens still speculating about his death.

Im
Sol
MTL Introduction from TVN page

She dreamed of becoming a film director, but she gave up her dream 15 years ago after being diagnosed with paraplegia after an accident. When she found out she could never walk again, she prayed every night so that she wouldn't wake up like that, but that morning never came. The early summer sunlight coming through the window of the rehabilitation hospital made her feel sad. But, a man whose name she didn't know said this on a radio. "Thank you for being alive, I'm glad you're alive. So, try living today..." His calm singing voice that came out at the end of those words soaked her heart. It was the first comfort that stuck in her heart since the accident.

MAL Introduction

*In the webtoon/novel, she is written as a normal teenage girl, her disability condition due to accident in the drama is entirely a new plot*

As a fan of idol Ryu Sunjae, Im Sol was happy fangirling to her heart's content. That is until one day, Sunjae is suddenly found dead. As she grieves, Sol discovers a pocket watch that takes her six years into the past. Before she knows it, Sol tracks down a teenage Sunjae, and the words "I freaking love you!" spill out. Now, he's totally creeped out by her, but Sol must somehow win over Sunjae to stop history from repeating. With the clock ticking, can she save her future number one?

Kim Tae Sung( Past ) Im Sol's first crush and Baek In Hyuk's bandmate.Doesn't exist in webtoon/novel, he is entirely a new character
Time Travel WatchIm Sol bought Seonjae's watch from auction. She already kept it as collection for years.Someone bumped into Im Sol and she found a vintage pocket watch. It suddenly brought her to the past.

*Character introductions are not complete, please visit TVN page for more detailed background story, I can't include it all because it is so long*

what is the ending spoiler?

enigmatic_zephy:

what is the ending spoiler?

if you are asking for novel spoiler / happy ending, they get married too

Was the novel ever translated?

cllanti:

there is no official one, but there is several fans translations : link 1 , link 2

it hasn't completely translated yet though. if you want to read until the ending, you can try auto mtl like me.

cllanti:

I just found the webtoon on Tapas! Its called  Tomorrow’s #1. It’s in English. 

o_reo123:

if you are asking for novel spoiler / happy ending, they get married too

thank you so much. I hope the kdrama version follows this ending too. ? 

Mich:

I just found the webtoon on Tapas! Its called  Tomorrow’s #1. It’s in English. 

Could you tell us where did you find it??? I just saw the first episode and i'm loving it!!!!! Also, the singing voice of byeon woo seok is <3

aliciawonderfly:

Could you tell us where did you find it??? I just saw the first episode and i'm loving it!!!!! Also, the singing voice of byeon woo seok is <3

i attached all the official link on top of discussion, you can click it.

o_reo123:

i attached all the official link on top of discussion, you can click it.

Thank you!!!!

hey park jihoon:

In the webtoon, does he take his life or someone kills him?

neither, it was due to excessive insomnia + sleeping pills

Compared to webtoon, the drama is so nicely written in my view. Now i started studying it i feel like only few scenes were included and remaining and all script writers did there job well too. As viewer i can connect to the plot  easily rather than webtoon where heroine don't have disability and randomly goes to past to meet her idol.