You might come across some spoilers 😜🙂.

So proceed with caution 😆😂.

I made this comment and wanted to share it in this discussion thread also.

A few days ago someone said in the comment section that they feel sorry for people that dropped You Are My Glory before we came to the ending and I totally agree with that sentiment.

One reviewer said that Yang Yang and Dilraba had no chemistry at all and it was like they were siblings 🤣😂🤭🙃😏 and I said to myself  SIBLINGS!!!!! Even if you only watched the 1st 8 episodes of  You Are My Glory how could you say they have no chemistry. Then fast forward to episodes 21-32 🥰😘🥵🔥🔥

Another reviewer said all they saw was senseless romance & too much kissing and  nothing interesting or impactful was to be learnt from the drama.
1.  I'm thinking did we not see the whole struggle and crisis that Yu Yu went through.  

2. Jing  Jing growing into herself and becoming better in her acting & even eventually doing chores at home.  

3. Did we not see their respective friends and co-workers rallying around them and everybody working hard.  
And so much more. They say no character growth.

4. Even episodes 1 to 18 that many persons did not like because it focused too much on gaming and then the focus on Yu Tu's aerospace.  Still some persons found those episodes interesting, exciting, nice & informative they were able to connect with the characters.  Jing Jing's  determination to succeed and not to be ostracised from her her fans and lose her endorsements and Yu Tu's to helplessness as a son, a possible spouse, a friend & colleague.

Plus they say Yang Yang can't act and he had one expression throughout the entire drama.
Lawd have mercy !!!! 🤭🥰😁🔥🥵
With some of those looks Yang Yang put down on Dilraba in this drama it would be truly frightening to see him out and about looking at the females like that.

I totally agree with that comment.
 I'm so sorry for all that dropped this drama.

PS 1 LAST MORE THING
How can anyone say that Love 020 is still better than You Are My Glory.
I love Love 020 & would definitely watch it again. But it's not even in the same lane.

I did not know this drama was going to be aired untill I saw a trailer for Falling Into Your Smile and later found out their was a novel. As a book lover I decided to read the novel and I loved it. The initial gaming jargon in the first half was a bit much for me but I powered on. It was my first time reading about gaming 😆😂. I am not a gamer. I loved the 2nd half of the novel the more. 

However, when You Are My Glory started I love it from the first episode to the last. 

1. I enjoyed the gaming from episode 1 as I am a huge e-sports drama fan 😆😂 although if you ask me to explain anything I wouldn't be able to.  So episodes 1-16 was a sure delight

2.  The episodes that focused on Aerospace were also very nice as I always enjoy learning about different careers and it was a huge change from the regular CEO of a company or Doctor male lead. (Mind you Medical dramas share a special place in my heart and if I can have less romance and more medicine I am HAPPY) 😆😂

3. In between episodes 1-20 we experience Yu Yu & Jing Jing gaming, Yu Yu going through his  life crisis. He was going through it y'all. His work proposal was rejected, the year before his mother had a health scare, he wanted to quit his job and then his best friend got cancer. Jing Jing nearly lost her gaming endorsements, a scummy ex came back who she was the reason she nearly lost the endorsements in the 1st place and Yu Yu rejected her. 

4. Throughout all of their issues both leads were about to over come and come back stronger and better than they were before. This was shown at the latter half of the drama episodes 21-32. We see significant character growth from both leads. 

5. Both had super nice friends, parents and colleagues. So although it was a drama we had no drama. So no senseless break up and make up scenes. No crazy ex either although they did show up.  

6. Yang Yang and Dilraba had made crazy 😧 😡 chemistry. They were so sweet and romantic. The words that Gu Man used were filled with innuendos, puns and a whole lot of flirting. It was hot 🔥🥵 🤤😘

7. The beautiful wedding 💒. It was so special although it was with a group of people. The dress, flower & decor awesome 😎.

8. The Yu Tu was finally about to complete one of his dreams in the last episode with his beautiful wife supporting him. 

I dislike Love020 and this is the first time i can say appreciate Yang Yang.
For those who dropped it, i can only say they are very immature and probably underage. I suggest this drama to AT LEAST 25+ or 20+ at minumum, but i feel to suggest 25+ more.
It's not an e-sport childish drama, nor a classic romance drama. It's adult and mature, even their relationships is adult.
Yang yang and Dilraba no chemistry? Guess i was blind since the only reason that convinced me was their overwhelming chemistry as lovers.  
I have to say, before starting You are my glory, i was expecting another copycat from Yang Yang, like Xiaonai ( ew i hate him), Ruo bai or Ye Xiu, no difference among those 3.
Yang Yang proved me wrong. I'm not his fan, but Yu Tu is totally the opposite and i like how he totally melts. Yu Tu is perfectly imperfect, human.
Those who loves abusive, childish, immature, ridiculous and toxic dramas like Loveo2o should avoid it, those who loves heartwarming and healthy mature relationships should watch it. At least, this is my opinion. 

Hello Hanshaung,

😆😂, I like you opinions on why you like and enjoy YAMG. 

I couldn't stop laughing 😂🤣 last night when I read you thoughts on Love 020. 

I watched Love 020 last year and Kings Avatar and like both of them.  Kings Avatar is the main reason why I enjoy e-sports dramas. 

But yes YAMG is far more superior to Love 020. 

Jessica:

Hello Hanshaung,

??, I like you opinions on why you like and enjoy YAMG. 

I couldn't stop laughing ?? last night when I read you thoughts on Love 020. 

I watched Love 020 last year and Kings Avatar and like both of them.  Kings Avatar is the main reason why I enjoy e-sports dramas. 

But yes YAMG is far more superior to Love 020. 

i disliked every Yang Yang dramas, and i watched Loveo2o only because i'm an hardcore fan of the FL.  Ruo Bai, Xiaonai and Ye Xiu are the same character in different universe, in my opinion, i don't see any difference in their portrayal and their attitude. And i firmy believe cold iced characters and introvert characters are different. A cold one is emotionless, while an introvert one has only difficulties to express his feeling, but you can see he has feelings.  That's the reason why i have to say i like Yu Tu, because he's not cold, he's introvert. Yu Tu puts Jing Jing at one of the biggest places in his life, she is the one trusting him whenever it happens.  He show that he's not only her shield and support, but that he needs her.  
In other Yang yang dramas he's too stiff, too stupid, egoist and robotic.  

This discussion is a good idea.. I hope that some people who are still deciding if they should watch the drama or not will read this discussion and decide to start watching..

I'm sorry, I'm gonna ramble for a while.. And I'm really sorry for the long post. I just can't help but ramble.. Really sorry in advance..

I'm new to Cdramas.. I have been watching Kdramas for years and only watched a few Cdramas along the way.. Last year I watched One Smile Is Very Alluring with some friends.. I was interested in the story and Jing Bo Ran is really handsome there.. Then, I searched around the internet and found Love O2O.. Then my Cdramas journey really began.. Because of LO2O, I thought that Cdramas will be fun, light, cute, sweet dramas.. interesting changes from heavy Kdramas.. I like LO2O and I like YY there.. I enjoyed LO2O even though I thought that FL acts were kinda unnatural, but I didn't think much of it..

Then.. The beginning of this year, I found out that YY next drama would be from the author of LO2O.. I was so excited and I searched the internet for the novel and read it.. I really enjoyed and really looked forward for this drama..

Even before this drama aired, I had high hopes and I told myself that no matter what, this drama will be interesting just because of the visuals... (Come on, who would deny that YY and DD are really good looking charming actor/actress??) and PLUS the novel was really good.. so it won't be bad no matter what.. and then this drama FINALLY AIRED after months of waiting.. and IT EXCEED MY EXPECTATION!.. sorry my caps lock broke for a moment.. LOL

Here's what I love about YAMG.. (Finally get to the point of this discussion..)

1. As a reader of the novel, this drama adaption is really close to the novel. If you love the novel, you definitely will love this drama. They even added so many cute, sweet tidbits to spice up YT/JJ relationship.
  2. As a superficial person (LOL), IMO the leads are the most good looking cp I've seen.. AND they are really good actor/actress.. They acted around each other very naturally.
  3. YT/JJ relationship has a very rational, natural, and mature stages. When people said that this drama is boring in the early stage, I don't think they saw how the relationship grew slowly. It is a slow burn with mature concept drama. I always write it when I suggest people to watch it.. If they're only looking for a fluff, they won't be interested in this drama because the fluff are on the later episodes.
  4. This drama has a deeper meaning other than a love line between the leads. YT realistically has struggle in his life, between choosing his dream or choosing money for an easier life. JJ seemed to have a perfect life, but deep down she faced struggle with her career too, not as difficult as YT, but still not perfect.
  5. The romance is no whirlwind romance with love at first sight, misunderstandings, and fighting every drop of a hat. The drama is slow burn because the leads think before they act. They are very rational before they decide to start something. That's why once they got together, all that was left was only how they grew as a couple and how they integrate with each other life. Their act is very suitable for their age.
  6. The cute sweet adorable scenes between the leads are the most natural and heartwarming in the drama for me.. I'm sure the script must have been good, but YY/DD did really good job to portray the characters..
  7. No love triangle and misunderstanding. The problems in the drama are very reasonable and realistic. They're not because of stupidity or stupid misunderstanding.
  8. The soundtrack are really fitting. The lyrics are really complimenting the story line.. Liu Yuning did a good job and I just love his voice in this song.. Born To Be An Eagle also very fitting for YT's scene.
  9. The editing and sound effect. They are really cute and make the scene more interesting and funny. And the animations are also so cute and complimenting.. They're simply adorable..

CONCLUSION: The drama is a slow burn drama with mature concept. Watching this drama is like working out, you need to warm up first in the beginning episodes (Ep 1-16) Then you get to the heavy, intense, passionate middle episodes (Ep 17-26). Then you get the cooling down part with heartwarming, concluding, coming to an end episodes (Ep 27-32).

I'm gonna ramble about YY.. I'm sorry in advance.. When people said that YY can't act because his characters are really similar to each other.. I was like "Have you really watched his dramas??" I became a little bit fan of his because of LO2O. And here's what I think:

1. His character there is like the perfect, smart, athletic, intelligent, handsome young man.. and his life in LO2O was really perfect: perfect family, perfect parents, perfect love lives. There was no struggle whatsoever in his life.. 
  2. Then I watched The King's Avatar. It was very hard for me in deciding to watch it or not because there's no love line in the drama.. But, then when I finally got to watch it, I got hooked so easily.. YY became a bit more mature and playful in TKA. Even from the 1st episode, he faced a struggle with his career. He was always teasing but deep down he was struggling with what to do next. But, in this drama it only showed about the struggling of his career life as a professional e-sport player and his love of the game. 
  3. AND then come YU TU.. the most mature, with most struggling problem among other characters.. Here, he's not only think about his career or himself, but he has to consider his parents and later JJ and of course even his country. There's a discussion, if he only wants the stars, he can work for NASA, then maybe he can earn more and can be boasted more. But, he chose his institute because he wants to devote his knowledge for his country achievements.
  4. CONCLUSION: For me, on the surface those three characters maybe similar, but IMO they are different. Maybe over the last 5 years his acting also became more mature and better, that's why he succeeded portray YT perfectly.. For those who think that LO2O is better than YAMG, I think if you like him as XiaoNai, you will love him as YuTu.

I confess that part of the reason why I started watching this is cuz I like Yang Yang but it's also because the plot seemed interesting. YAMG was a really cute and hilarious drama. I usually choose my dramas based on the plot, not on who's the ML and FL.